Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2006, 17:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman
Well i want the sound for the ppl. Usually the music inside my car is loud and i just blot everything coming from the outside.
i believe you have a automech muffler installed? if so how about a picture...?
u want the sound for the people? does that include cops as well? well i dont have an automech exhaust system... my headers and free flow system are completely custom made by Psycho... the tail end looks like a stock end piece cos thats the way i wanted it...

and if sound is all that matters and not performance all you gotta do is poke holes in your muffler... or you can fit any aftermarket muffler for that reason... there are so many available today ranging from 3k for the local ones upto 15k for the imported ones...
Old 12th January 2006, 20:44   #17
BHPian

Ok i put it the wrong way. I was trying to be funny! I know about the poking holes bit and would have done that long back. But i want to go eventually for the whole bit sound , preformance et all......but one step at a time....
im already trying to shell out for a body kit and other things so i thought just to put the muffler yet ....
what say you n aditya?!
Old 12th January 2006, 21:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok i put it the wrong way. I was trying to be funny! I know about the poking holes bit and would have done that long back. But i want to go eventually for the whole bit sound , preformance et all......but one step at a time....
im already trying to shell out for a body kit and other things so i thought just to put the muffler yet ....
what say you n aditya?!

well if it IS performance then go for a set of headers and free flows.... and i suggest do them together... they go hand in hand... or else its too much work cuttin n reweldin stuff... automech is good i guess.... i have heard good feedback from our very own ajalphonso.... i did drive one of the cars which has an automech and it sounds good..... or PM autopsyche.... or just ask around... u will find lots of advice....the whole system wudnt cost more than 12k or 15k max... starts at around 9k though... all the best...
Old 13th January 2006, 17:21   #19
BHPian

No reply from Automech yet. They did tell me did some universal type ones for lancer,citys and so on so they should work in my car too. So i have asked them for a quote and also the pictures of different models they carry.Lets see!
Old 14th January 2006, 17:27   #20
BHPian

Free Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
u want the sound for the people? does that include cops as well? well i dont have an automech exhaust system... my headers and free flow system are completely custom made by Psycho... the tail end looks like a stock end piece cos thats the way i wanted it...

and if sound is all that matters and not performance all you gotta do is poke holes in your muffler... or you can fit any aftermarket muffler for that reason... there are so many available today ranging from 3k for the local ones upto 15k for the imported ones...
Hey aditya just wanted to know your feed back on headers & freeflow because I am in two minds whether to go in for the automech free flow or get it custom made.

cheers,
Tarul
Old 16th January 2006, 15:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info iceman, dont want to go in for a fake thing and wreck my car.
Hey Beemer,
You are right you would not want to wreck your classy Elantra or any car for that matter. Go for trusted brands like Magnaflow,Borla or 5Zigen but again you need to be careful while buying them..Even though you end up paying more for these performance exhausts, it wont not make you sad after an year. You can talk to n1 engineering who are distributors for Borla and Magnaflow.. i came to know about them while i was browsing through Magnaflow website. I did talk to them a couple of weeks back as i wanted to buy the magnaflow exhausts from them for my ikon. Since i am in Bangalore, i am not sure if i can trust them with out seeing the pice with my own eyes.
Old 16th January 2006, 17:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARUL
Hey aditya just wanted to know your feed back on headers & freeflow because I am in two minds whether to go in for the automech free flow or get it custom made.
cheers,
Tarul

both are equally good Tarul... custom made stuff is relatively cheaper... and yeah you can customise the performance, sound, look etc...

anyways u can PM psycho as u r in blore or better still meet some of the Tbhpians in the blore meets... you will get to try out some cars that have custom headers.... which will clear you doubts... all the best...
Old 16th January 2006, 23:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon
Hey Beemer,
You are right you would not want to wreck your classy Elantra or any car for that matter. Go for trusted brands like Magnaflow,Borla or 5Zigen but again you need to be careful while buying them..Even though you end up paying more for these performance exhausts, it wont not make you sad after an year. You can talk to n1 engineering who are distributors for Borla and Magnaflow.. i came to know about them while i was browsing through Magnaflow website. I did talk to them a couple of weeks back as i wanted to buy the magnaflow exhausts from them for my ikon. Since i am in Bangalore, i am not sure if i can trust them with out seeing the pice with my own eyes.

thats true id like to see the item too before shelling out 15k for anything...
Old 17th January 2006, 12:59   #24
BHPian

Hi,

If your intrested in Carbonfiber Muffler let me know. Now i am giving it under 11K.

PJ
Old 17th January 2006, 13:09   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSPEED
Hi,

If your intrested in Carbonfiber Muffler let me know. Now i am giving it under 11K.

PJ
Never knew you could make mufflers outta carbon fiber?
anyways send me a picture, is it made by a any well know muffler brand?
Old 18th January 2006, 15:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSPEED
Hi,

PJ
Well the price you pm'd me seems expensive for an un-branded muffler?! or is it ?!
Old 5th July 2006, 22:31   #27

Hi guyz....Any idea where i can branded mufflers in chennai? I've seen what PJ has with him...But as someone has said here, i havent heard much about the brand
Old 6th July 2006, 12:01   #28
Team-BHP Support

what brand are the mufflers that pj has?

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks