Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2013, 10:02   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Anyone got "door sills with vento or vw" written that comes with blue illumination?

Also who makes body kits for vento?
There are aftermarket illuminated door sills available as seen on eBay but why mess with the wiring?
I feel the ones available at the VW workshop look good and are priced decently.

Don't know about the Vento but I have seen a Rapid with a neatly done bodykit. In my opinion just get a boot lip spoiler and new rims. Alternatively you can paint your stock rims.
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 12:45   #32
BHPian

re: VW Polo and Vento - Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
Has anyone bought aftermarket driver armrest for Polo?
I found a few on ebay, but I'm not sure about their fit and durability.

http://www.ebay.in/sch/s.html?LH_Sel...&_nkw=arm+rest

If anyone has installed something like that, please do share.
Hi envy,

I'm too on the look out for a driver armrest for my Polo. Did you finally get one fitted for your car?
Old 26th June 2013, 10:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Hi envy,

I'm too on the look out for a driver armrest for my Polo. Did you finally get one fitted for your car?
I am looking for an arm rest for my Polo too. Has anyone got it fitted yet? Do you think the arm rest from a Vento can be retro-fitted in a Polo?
Old 26th June 2013, 11:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
I am looking for an arm rest for my Polo too. Has anyone got it fitted yet? Do you think the arm rest from a Vento can be retro-fitted in a Polo?
We have been discussing about the armrest on this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3153768

I called VW downtown workshop again today since I had not received any reply from them. Spoke to a Mr.Emanuel in the accessories department. He called back to confirm that it is not available for Polo and he has checked with his local vendor also. I asked him if they have a Vento with a damaged armrest then they would have to give a replacement. He said that they would but they can't do it for a Polo. So I'm back to square one.
Old 13th July 2013, 12:43   #35
BHPian

Re: My White Polo GT TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Congrats, Esma, although a bit late, on your fantastic GT. It looks stunning in the photos in the opening post.

Your review was absolutely well detailed. Keep it up, buddy.
Thanks for your compliments deepfusion. I'll try to keep the thread up-to-date.

In other news:

After my hunt for an OEM driver armrest for the GT online and in the local car market, unfortunately I was unable to find one suitable. The only option available in India which I found to be a bit expensive was this http://www.ebay.in/itm/VW-POLO-ARMRE...1#ht_701wt_936. The same product is a bit cheaper on vagtune.in but still about 15k.

Then I started looking for the same on international car sites and forums. Finally I did stumble upon this http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...20130712225236 and ordered one. I'm taking a big chance here as there might be hefty duties to be paid at our end and it might end up being more expensive then vagtune.in
Name:  armrest.png
Views: 25542
Size:  398.1 KB

The seller has not shipped the item yet. I will update the thread when the armrest arrives. In the meanwhile, I await news from robimahanta who has already tracked one down for himself whether it fits his GT or not.
esma1981 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 22:14   #36
BHPian

Getting my Polo soon. Looking for this too... would appreciate a report: finish , fit , comfort .etc...

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Thanks for your compliments deepfusion. I'll try to keep the thread up-to-date.

In other news:

After my hunt for an OEM driver armrest for the GT online and in the local car market, unfortunately I was unable to find one suitable. The only option available in India which I found to be a bit expensive was this http://www.ebay.in/itm/VW-POLO-ARMRE...1#ht_701wt_936. The same product is a bit cheaper on vagtune.in but still about 15k.

Then I started looking for the same on international car sites and forums. Finally I did stumble upon this http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...20130712225236 and ordered one. I'm taking a big chance here as there might be hefty duties to be paid at our end and it might end up being more expensive then vagtune.in
Attachment 1109797

The seller has not shipped the item yet. I will update the thread when the armrest arrives. In the meanwhile, I await news from robimahanta who has already tracked one down for himself whether it fits his GT or not.
Old 23rd July 2013, 22:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader5000 View Post
Getting my Polo soon. Looking for this too... would appreciate a report: finish , fit , comfort .etc...

thanks
I've updated the info on my Polo thread. Also contains details about the cost. I'm not sure if it's available in beige though.
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:11   #38
BHPian

Are any of the Center armrests in the grey fabric colour and material which is on the door armrests of the polo? If so please do post a link...

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:45   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Are any of the Center armrests in the grey fabric colour and material which is on the door armrests of the polo? If so please do post a link...

Thanks
The arm rest sourced from Aliexpress is actually a shade of grey and not black as the photos indicate. And it perfectly matches the stock upholstery. Either way, it is easy to remove the arm-rest pad from the assembly. Hand it over to the upholstery guys, they would stitch any shade for you.
Old 23rd March 2015, 00:25   #40
BHPian

Guys, any idea if it's possible to fit rear power window switches on the driver door pad? My 2011 Polo 1.6 doesn't have them! I would also like to fit the option of operating the power windows with the key fob.

What parts would I have to source for this?
Old 28th March 2015, 10:11   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Guys, any idea if it's possible to fit rear power window switches on the driver door pad?
Yes.

Quote:
What parts would I have to source for this?
1. The window regulator motor (part numbers - 6R0959811F and 6R0959812F, link) costs approx. Rs. 2000 each (OEM VW, second hand from eBay Germany, shipping charges excluded). You are going to need 2 of these.

2. The switches on the door pads (part number - 7L6959855B, link) costs approx. Rs. 375 each (third party manufacturer, Aliexpress, includes shipping charges). You are going to need 2 of these.

3. You will need 2 new rear door pads (part numbers - 6R6867211AH, 6R6867212AH, link) in case you are not going to reuse the existing ones without modifying them. Not sure what all needs to be done in case you are planning to do that. You will have to plug the hole which had the handle for winding-rewinding the windows.

4. You will have to renew the door clips (part numbers - 7L6868243 (12 nos. total), 6Q0868243 (8 nos. total), link) which usually get damaged when the pads are removed.

5. And lastly, the related wiring harness which includes connectors, pins and wires and automotive tape like Tesa 51608.

The mod isn’t going to be easy and I would suggest a garage with VAG expertise like Vagtune (a new outlet has opened in Bangalore FYI). The labor charges would be anywhere from 5-10k. You can decide if it is worth it.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 19:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Yes.

1. The window regulator motor (part numbers - 6R0959811F and 6R0959812F, link) costs approx. Rs. 2000 each (OEM VW, second hand from eBay Germany, shipping charges excluded). You are going to need 2 of these.

2. The switches on the door pads (part number - 7L6959855B, link) costs approx. Rs. 375 each (third party manufacturer, Aliexpress, includes shipping charges). You are going to need 2 of these.

3. You will need 2 new rear door pads (part numbers - 6R6867211AH, 6R6867212AH, link) in case you are not going to reuse the existing ones without modifying them. Not sure what all needs to be done in case you are planning to do that. You will have to plug the hole which had the handle for winding-rewinding the windows.

4. You will have to renew the door clips (part numbers - 7L6868243 (12 nos. total), 6Q0868243 (8 nos. total), link) which usually get damaged when the pads are removed.

5. And lastly, the related wiring harness which includes connectors, pins and wires and automotive tape like Tesa 51608.

The mod isn’t going to be easy and I would suggest a garage with VAG expertise like Vagtune (a new outlet has opened in Bangalore FYI). The labor charges would be anywhere from 5-10k. You can decide if it is worth it.
Hi Gannu, thanks for the info. However, my Polo 1.6 already has rear power windows. But the driver door pad doesn't have the switches to control them. It only has switches for the front windows.

If I get the module that has all 4 switches, will I need a new driver door pad? Will I have to do some extra wiring?

Also, is it possible to fit the feature of controlling the windows with the key fob? Is it just a software update or do I need some parts?
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 23:22   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However, my Polo 1.6 already has rear power windows.
You should have mentioned this in the previous post. Without that, anyone would assume that the rear door pads have the manual winding mechanism.

Quote:
But the driver door pad doesn't have the switches to control them. It only has switches for the front windows.
You will need the master switch with 4 switches for the windows and the rear window lock. The part number is 1K4959857B (link).

Quote:
If I get the module that has all 4 switches, will I need a new driver door pad?
No. The dimensions are exactly the same = direct swap.

Quote:
Will I have to do some extra wiring?
You may need to but unless you open the existing module from your driver side door pad and click a few clear snaps of the connector along with the wiring, I cannot tell you.

It is very simple. Use a flat tip screw driver and pry it open at the edge like this:

Name:  polomk51691.png
Views: 10617
Size:  89.5 KB

Source: VW workshop manuals

If the connector has the wiring for the rear window switches as well, then you wouldn't need any extra wiring. Just a new master switch would do.

Quote:
Also, is it possible to fit the feature of controlling the windows with the key fob? Is it just a software update or do I need some parts?
That can be done via VCDS.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 22:04   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You should have mentioned this in the previous post. Without that, anyone would assume that the rear door pads have the manual winding mechanism.
Yeah sorry about that, I assumed it was obvious since I mentioned it was a Polo 1.6

Here are the pics of my connector as requested. I couldn't remove it from the socket. Looks like it has 2 rows of 10 wires based on the numbers on the socket in the 3rd pic. Interesting to see the Audi logo on the socket

VW Polo and Vento - Accessories-polo-001.jpg
VW Polo and Vento - Accessories-polo-002.jpg
VW Polo and Vento - Accessories-polo-003.jpg
VW Polo and Vento - Accessories-polo-004.jpg
Old 30th March 2015, 08:39   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like it has 2 rows of 10 wires based on the numbers on the socket in the 3rd pic.
You may be in luck. Try this master switch from Aliexpress. There are few others as well - check them out too.

They have a 10-pin connector as well.

Quote:
Interesting to see the Audi logo on the socket
Yep, Audi, Skoda, VW, Seat logos would be present on most connectors since the parts are shared between their cars.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks