Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 17:27   #1
BHPian

Pajero Power Boost

Hi,

India Garage/ Southern Motors in Bangalore is giving up their Mitsubishi dealership and so would not be able to take any Mitsubishi vehicles for service from the coming month. That would leave a void in Bangalore for sometime though I understand that a new dealer operating from the old Cash Pharmacy building is setting up their service entity.

However in the last couple of days I have received calls from know people for a Pajero sports kit. This is for the Pajero 2.8TD where they are changing the entire exhaust, putting in an ECU which would provide anything upto 30 BHP additional power. The cost of the same is in the region of Rs 1 lakh to 1.5 lakh.

Has anyone heard about this? In the past I have searched the various Pajero sites on the internet and none of them mentioned any such setup.

Rgds
Old 14th March 2011, 17:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pajero Power Boost

The 2800 cc intercooled Pajero does NOT have an ECU from the factory, so how do they intend to put one in ?? If they are - it'd mean they are pretty much doing the whole electricals of the car - right ?

I am not that technically gifted, so from a layman's prospective it seems a little not so do-able to me.

But if they are doing it, 30 BHP at the wheels - seems like a huge gain. What is the torque gain that they are claiming ?

Do look at a vehicle that they have done, before going in for such a major modification.

Cheers
Old 14th March 2011, 18:12   #3
BHPian

That goes without saying and you are correct that the 2.8TD has no ECU. In fact the POCUK website has articles on increasing the power but mainly from tweaking the turbo boost.One of the workshops who contacted me and they are good at their work have kitted out 3 vehicles which are based out of Bellary. They would call me once they are back in Bangalore and I will certainly check them out.

Cheers
Old 14th March 2011, 20:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
That goes without saying and you are correct that the 2.8TD has no ECU. In fact the POCUK website has articles on increasing the power but mainly from tweaking the turbo boost.One of the workshops who contacted me and they are good at their work have kitted out 3 vehicles which are based out of Bellary. They would call me once they are back in Bangalore and I will certainly check them out.

Cheers

Ok - so please do keep this thread updated...if the power gains are supported by a dyno graph "before & after".. I might get it done on my Pajero too

Cheers
Old 14th March 2011, 21:49   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the Pajero comes with a old school non ECU Turbo Diesel, tweaking the fuel pump manually will be the easiest option without any bolt-ons to get a healthy power bump. i seriously do not recommend letting anyone touch the calibration of pump unless he is very experienced.

The FFE and CAI etc will surely improve the Torque and Power but do not expect Tuning Box/Remap like boost. Upgrading the Turbo will be very expensive plus it will require calibration of the pump to adapt to the upgraded Turbo.
Old 18th March 2011, 16:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback or a test drive ?? Please update.
Thanks
Old 19th March 2011, 18:11   #7
BHPian

Spoke with the folks from Racetech in Bangalore. Evidently they have dyno'd the vehicles before and after at the RRR facility and say they saw a gain of approx 30 bhp and a torque of 50. They would call me once a vehicle to test drive is available.
Old 19th March 2011, 20:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

A gain of 30 bhp on the dyno? and that too the RRR dyno which does not exaggerate values? Now this is a graph i would like to see and hopefully even validated by the guys at RRR.
Old 20th March 2011, 10:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Spoke with the folks from Racetech in Bangalore. Evidently they have dyno'd the vehicles before and after at the RRR facility and say they saw a gain of approx 30 bhp and a torque of 50. They would call me once a vehicle to test drive is available.

I will look forward to hearing more on this & also your feel of the test drive. Do ask if they changed the pump / turbo or any such major hardware. If this actually works, it would be very nice !! Also please post cost implications.

Many thanks

Cheers
Old 26th March 2011, 11:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

@indianrunner

Looking forward to updates on this thread. Were you able to check out the Pajero which is supposed to have a 30Bhp gain ??

Cheers
Old 31st March 2011, 19:03   #11
BHPian

regarding the ecu doubt, yes it dosnt run an ecu but if you run a module to control the ignition (similar to an efi system) the results are amazing...

i have the dyno graph with me can pm to interested parties

basically module, turbo down pipe plus boost triggers have been changed to get attained result.

cheers.
Old 31st March 2011, 19:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Any updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
regarding the ecu doubt, yes it dosnt run an ecu but if you run a module to control the ignition (similar to an efi system) the results are amazing...
In a Diesel Pajero?
Old 1st April 2011, 10:15   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Even non-CRDe deisel engines can have Electronic Fuel pumps. There is no ECU per-se but the pump is controlled electronically. The 4JG2 engine from Isuzu makes 125 bhp /28 Kgm Torque from the mechanical pump and 135 bhp/30 kgm from the Electronic pump. So in theory what some amount of power gain can be achieved even from older deisel engines with electronic fuel pump.

One thing is that a pajero moded in this manner will return 6 to 7 kmpl mileage.
Old 1st April 2011, 10:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post

i have the dyno graph with me can pm to interested parties

basically module, turbo down pipe plus boost triggers have been changed to get attained result.

cheers.

Hellooo, So what kind of realistic gain are we talking about ?? Have you driven a vehicle modded in this fashion ?

Do send me the graph & the cost involved for the modification - and how reliable is it as in longevity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Even non-CRDe deisel engines can have Electronic Fuel pumps. There is no ECU per-se but the pump is controlled electronically. The 4JG2 engine from Isuzu makes 125 bhp /28 Kgm Torque from the mechanical pump and 135 bhp/30 kgm from the Electronic pump. So in theory what some amount of power gain can be achieved even from older deisel engines with electronic fuel pump.

One thing is that a pajero moded in this manner will return 6 to 7 kmpl mileage.
In your opinion is this mod reliable ? Is there no way to get the performance with atleast 9 kmpl ??

Looking forward to replies please.

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2011, 17:52   #15
BHPian

for the benifit of tbhpians
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks