Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 13:51   #136
Team-BHP Support

Well...

For reliability, you could always go back to roots/ bosch...

Though, i dont think they are as loud as Hella/Stebel...
Old 8th January 2007, 15:20   #137
BHPian

I have got roots installed in my esteem, Its been an year and a half that I bought it for Rs 500 +. These are still working very fine.

In my Indica I had put in the same horn which the accessory shop person said that they give with the Skoda. Its real loudy and that one was for somewhere around Rs 900 two years back. I have right now plugged in just one out of the two pieces of that horn in Indica. It was very loud when I use both simultaneously. The other piece is also fixed but not connected.
Old 20th February 2007, 04:07   #138
BHPian

I have good news, I went to my mechanic the other day and mentioned to him about the horn. He heard it and stuck cloth in one pipe and asked me to blow the horn, then with the other a couple of times.

Cleaned it well and its screeeams! :-) Its perfect now, it was just dust so the horn was gasping for air!
Old 20th February 2007, 10:35   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
* Roots can be repaired.
but then you need to get a very good guy to do the resetting / tuning.

My bolero has Hella RedGrill + Roots Vibrasonic (together for highway use)
---excellent response even from truckers on the road-----
and a pair of windtone (Optra one) for city drive. Vibrasonic goes out of tune often.

I have had similar combination on OHC, except I had a two pipe air horn. That Roots was resetted and tuned by a guy (I can't get hold of him now), you wont believe, That horn still works crystal tuned even after 4 years!!.
Old 20th February 2007, 12:23   #140
BHPian

Is there any horn that gives out the screeching sound of a car?,the one that comes when u press ur brakes hard.would be useful to scare guys who just jump in the middle of the road.
Old 20th February 2007, 14:38   #141
BHPian

My budget is 2K...can any1 give me details where will i get it in mumbai...& which1 shud i buy.
Old 21st February 2007, 01:14   #142
BHPian

hi guys , i recently bought a 1.5 OHC and the horn is very low, in city i didnot notice much difference but when i went on a highway recently the horn was too low, so i planned to change it. i like the horn of the octavia and the merc, which brand do they use ? and how much do they cost? and what do you suggest?
Old 21st February 2007, 03:06   #143
BHPian

Does anyone know which OE horn is used in the OHC Type 1?
You can see that the horn in the Type 1 is different from the one in the Type 2.

I want to replace th OE horn so if anyone can tell what brand it is and how much does it cost?
Old 10th March 2007, 01:15   #144
BHPian

today i got a roots vibrasonic fitted to my baleno...total costs came to 1400 bucks with bill....got fitted thru a roots melody maker...now am getting more respect from autorickshaws and am very happy.....

i have a small doubt regarding the roots melodymaker.....is there any mode in the melodymaker which dont have any melody??err...i mean a mode in which the horn works normally ??
Old 10th March 2007, 07:27   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
today i got a roots vibrasonic fitted to my baleno...total costs came to 1400 bucks with bill....got fitted thru a roots melody maker...now am getting more respect from autorickshaws and am very happy.....

i have a small doubt regarding the roots melodymaker.....is there any mode in the melodymaker which dont have any melody??err...i mean a mode in which the horn works normally ??
There is a normal mode in your melody maker. In that mode, the melody maker almost sounds similar to that of a normal horn !!!
Old 10th March 2007, 10:34   #146
Senior - BHPian

I have 3 pipe pressure horn by fiam fixed in my 800..nice tone and very loud.Has installed a switch as it cannot be used in the city and is only for th highways.Costed me 1000 bucks with the fitting
Old 18th March 2007, 23:41   #147

Hi Friends,

I am planning to put Hella red grill horns to my Santro Xing. I need both stock horn aswll as Hella. Where to fix the Hella horns for Santro. If anyone done this please suggest me.
Old 29th May 2007, 01:48   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunildn View Post
Hi Friends,

I am planning to put Hella red grill horns to my Santro Xing. I need both stock horn aswll as Hella. Where to fix the Hella horns for Santro. If anyone done this please suggest me.
Hi guys...
I just received the Stebel Magnum TM80/2 horns from ebay india....My original plan is to fit this pair on my Unicorn (ES model).....But i saw the specifications now only.....it's written current consuption is <= 12 A (for the pair)...but my uni's battery is only 7Ah....

Can i install this pair on my Uni with a proper relay/cutout....will it drain the battery out very soon ?? Please help me out here ....

Senthil.
Old 29th May 2007, 06:02   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunildn View Post
Hi Friends,

take it to the service center, they will fix it for you. Thers place behind ( and below the from head light) for this. My vibras were bought and fixed by my Hyundai service guys. Neat
Old 29th May 2007, 16:24   #150
BHPian

All the best to all of you for making your cities more polluted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks