Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2019, 16:18   #1681
BHPian

Re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron-w16 View Post
Hi, can you please post some pictures? I am planning to upgrade on my Grand i10. My verna was straight forward as it comes with 2 factory fitted horn.
I have not taken any pictures for this. But it's pretty much straight forward. The mechanic made two connections out of the original horn wire and connected to two horns. Even though he did not cut the wires, he did skinning of the original horn wire to make these additional connections. To access the horns, you would need to remove the bumper and then fix the horns.

BTW i've removed these horns and back to original as I didn't want to loose the warranty of my new car and have piece of mind
Old 15th March 2019, 13:53   #1682
BHPian

I'm thinking of upgrading the horns on our Innova Crysta to either a Bosch Symphony or a Roots Windtone. Are either of these horns louder than the stock Crysta horns? I much prefer the tone of either of these horns compared to the feeble Crysta factory ones especially as our Crysta is primarily driven on highways around northern UP. The stock horn barely makes bicyclists and auto rickshaw drivers move.

I also don't like the sound of those Roots Megasonic horns so anything similar to that is pointless to me.
Old 15th March 2019, 14:18   #1683
BHPian

Yes. They will be much louder than the stock Innova ones. You can also have a look at hella or minda.
Windtone horns though sound very nice but they have to be saved from water entry during washing or rainy season.
Old 15th March 2019, 14:44   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Yes. They will be much louder than the stock Innova ones. You can also have a look at hella or minda.
Windtone horns though sound very nice but they have to be saved from water entry during washing or rainy season.

Thanks for the quick reply! Good to know they'll be louder than the stock ones.

Any specific Minda or Hella models I should be looking at? I've been reading the same concerning water ingress during the rainy season and while washing. It seems like the best thing to do is mount them with the trumpets facing downwards to minimize any chances of water entering.
Old 15th March 2019, 14:57   #1685
BHPian

I have wind time horns. Every time I take my car for a wash the cleaner first wraps them up in polythenes and then washes the car. I have them installed facing downwards. The problem with this arrangement is that within city with structures around the horn tone reverberates across but on the highway they are not very effective over the distance because they are facing downwards. The sound echoes from the ground. You fill feel it to be loud but over the distance the intensity decreases.

I do not remember the exact model no's but their range is worth a look if you don't want mega sonic. The particular Hellas I liked were the grey coloured ones. They are fantastic. Water proof. Weather proof. And loud also. Have them on my bullet. So do go and check out the range. Ask the fellow to play out the sounds and install whichever you like.
Old 15th March 2019, 16:17   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
I have wind time horns. Every time I take my car for a wash the cleaner first wraps them up in polythenes and then washes the car. I have them installed facing downwards. The problem with this arrangement is that within city with structures around the horn tone reverberates across but on the highway they are not very effective over the distance because they are facing downwards. The sound echoes from the ground. You fill feel it to be loud but over the distance the intensity decreases.

I do not remember the exact model no's but their range is worth a look if you don't want mega sonic. The particular Hellas I liked were the grey coloured ones. They are fantastic. Water proof. Weather proof. And loud also. Have them on my bullet. So do go and check out the range. Ask the fellow to play out the sounds and install whichever you like.

Quote:

Thanks! Will likely need to follow the same advice if/when I get either of the Windtones installed.

I wish there was someway to gauge the difference between stock and windtone on the highway although what you're saying is making sense. If the difference is too profound, I might pass on them and try to search for something else. If it's negligible, I may end up going for the windtones anyway.

I'd love to install a Hyundai Creta horn or even a BMW one sourced from abroad since those are fairly loud but I fear it won't be a plug and play solution. I'd rather not splice wires or anything of that nature to void the warranty.
Old 15th March 2019, 16:32   #1687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
I'm thinking of upgrading the horns on our Innova Crysta to either a Bosch Symphony or a Roots Windtone. Are either of these horns louder than the stock Crysta horns?
If you want loud, as in truck-driver-attention-getting loud, look no further than the Hella Red Grille. I got em fitted on my car and I love how people either jump a few inches and/or move quickly out of the way. Truck drivers included. Sound is LOUD and harsh so it is frankly quite unpleasant to hear.
Old 15th March 2019, 20:13   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
If you want loud, as in truck-driver-attention-getting loud, look no further than the Hella Red Grille. I got em fitted on my car and I love how people either jump a few inches and/or move quickly out of the way. Truck drivers included. Sound is LOUD and harsh so it is frankly quite unpleasant to hear.

Those seem a tad too harsh for my taste. I personally can't say I've had bad experiences with trucks, they seem to move over with the dipper or a simple toot of the horn. In towns, motorbikes, e-rickshaws and the auto rickshaws are the biggest nuisances. I've seen them move over when Creta's as well as other European sedans drive by blaring their horns which is what prompted me to explore the option.
Old 16th March 2019, 09:06   #1689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Those seem a tad too harsh for my taste. I personally can't say I've had bad experiences with trucks, they seem to move over with the dipper or a simple toot of the horn. In towns, motorbikes, e-rickshaws and the auto rickshaws are the biggest nuisances. I've seen them move over when Creta's as well as other European sedans drive by blaring their horns which is what prompted me to explore the option.
If you want something easier on the ears, get the Hella Chrome Trumpets. Euro sounding horns, the kind you get in VW/Skoda

PS - Hella have an iOS/Android app that you can use to 'audition' their horns. It's quite helpful.

Last edited by R2D2 : 16th March 2019 at 09:09.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 10:23   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
If you want something easier on the ears, get the Hella Chrome Trumpets. Euro sounding horns, the kind you get in VW/Skoda
+1.
It's like the "highway" version of the Bosch symphony. Accessory shops recommend it the most. It costs 1200 in Gurgaon. The sound is very close to creta / endeavor.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 10:34   #1691
BHPian

Quote:

PS - Hella have an iOS/Android app that you can use to 'audition' their horns. It's quite helpful.

Thanks!

I looked these up and really like the sound. The only drawback seems the price which is roughly double the price of the Bosch Symphony's. I'll look into installing these, I'm assuming they're a direct plug and play solution since the Crysta already has factory twin horns?
Old 16th March 2019, 11:18   #1692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

I looked these up and really like the sound. The only drawback seems the price which is roughly double the price of the Bosch Symphony's. I'll look into installing these, I'm assuming they're a direct plug and play solution since the Crysta already has factory twin horns?
Yes, they are PnP provided the connectors match. Also be aware these generally consume more power than stock parts.
Old 16th March 2019, 11:39   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they are PnP provided the connectors match. Also be aware these generally consume more power than stock parts.

How much additional power are we talking? Will I need to swap out the battery or something for this? I'm hoping these won't blow fuses or cause my various LED bulbs to flicker. I've swapped away all halogen bulbs on our Crysta for LEDs.

Apologies for the many questions, I'm relatively new to the electrical portion of automobiles.
Old 16th March 2019, 11:42   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
+1.
It's like the "highway" version of the Bosch symphony. Accessory shops recommend it the most. It costs 1200 in Gurgaon. The sound is very close to creta / endeavor.
Can you suggest me a place where I can get it installed in my Honda City in Gurgaon professionally.
Old 16th March 2019, 13:13   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Can you suggest me a place where I can get it installed in my Honda City in Gurgaon professionally.
Bob's Auto Mall, located exactly at Atul Kataria Chowk sector 14.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks