Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th September 2019, 08:50   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Power Horns!

Hey guys, I just ordered my second Hella Horn Wiring Harness and was wondering, where can I source a spare relay if in case the stock one blows out.

Thanks,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2019, 15:07   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Guys an update on this product.

So I ordered the one given in the link for Ford but as it turns out, it wasn't compatible with the Ecosport. The Ford one works on Fiesta but the Ecosport uses a different plug.

That plug is same as Peugeot and some other cars. The link to the one which works on Ecosport is this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spec...311.0.0.OkQxh7

So basically the Fiesta uses a different horn and Ecosport is not the same.

My suggestion for anyone ordering from the Aliexpress link would be to check the connector on their car and match the pic before ordering.

The seller is quite cooperative when I told him about the wrong connector. He agreed to ship me the new connector after I sent him the pic of my Ecosport's horn connector. He also promised to update the product page.

So now I have an extra Fiesta horn connector.....
Which horns did you connect them to? I am planning to i stall Hella Supertone in my Ecosport facelift.

This is the one that I need to order right?
suku_patel_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2019, 15:37   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Hey guys, I just ordered my second Hella Horn Wiring Harness and was wondering, where can I source a spare relay if in case the stock one blows out.

Thanks,
A.P.
My car's current Hella Red Grill set has been acting weird - sometimes not going loud, and vague sounds. Maybe water washing has spoiled it, so I had ordered new Hella Red Grill and Hella Horn Wiring Harness too. Actually, I wrongly selected that horn + harness bundle from Amazon, however it was still very low prices (some deal). This material is lying since a while, and soon I will finish the whole work. I recall the Hella wiring needs to be modified for some connections - should not be tough - read inputs across.

in most Auto stores, you can get the relay - Bosch / Hella for about 100-150 bucks. I would suggest you always keep a spare relay in your car, or bike, wherever relay wiring is done. Generally, relay doesn't go bad fast, but then your whole wiring is dependent on that piece. One way to detect if relay is faulty - when you switch ON the device (light / horn), go very near to the relay and try to hear a tick-tick sound : if no sound then relay is faulty. If you hear (or feel the tick-tick), then relay is not the issue.

Recently I was on a solo bike trip, and I had put aftermarket horns with a custom wiring, relay & switch. When I was riding across a village road, suddenly noticed horns were not working !!! Trust me, it was really a bad situation! After the primary diagnostic, I didn't hear the relay's tick and was almost sure of that problem. After a cautious riding of 30-50 KM on that road, luckily found a auto garage and he did have such relay. Replacement was done in few min, and he also did the wire taping.

Few years back, I had good 7" two led bars on my car, and suddenly one day lights failed. Local mechanic said "Chinese lights don't have life". But I did troubleshooting, and found Relay was faulty. Replacement was quickly done my self.

sorry, for your simple question, I gave a long answer :-)

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 4th October 2019 at 15:42.
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote