Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 08:50   #1711
BANNED

Re: Power Horns!

Hey guys, I just ordered my second Hella Horn Wiring Harness and was wondering, where can I source a spare relay if in case the stock one blows out.

Thanks,
A.P.
Old 29th September 2019, 15:07   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Guys an update on this product.

So I ordered the one given in the link for Ford but as it turns out, it wasn't compatible with the Ecosport. The Ford one works on Fiesta but the Ecosport uses a different plug.

That plug is same as Peugeot and some other cars. The link to the one which works on Ecosport is this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spec...311.0.0.OkQxh7

So basically the Fiesta uses a different horn and Ecosport is not the same.

My suggestion for anyone ordering from the Aliexpress link would be to check the connector on their car and match the pic before ordering.

The seller is quite cooperative when I told him about the wrong connector. He agreed to ship me the new connector after I sent him the pic of my Ecosport's horn connector. He also promised to update the product page.

So now I have an extra Fiesta horn connector.....
Which horns did you connect them to? I am planning to i stall Hella Supertone in my Ecosport facelift.

This is the one that I need to order right?
Old 4th October 2019, 15:37   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Hey guys, I just ordered my second Hella Horn Wiring Harness and was wondering, where can I source a spare relay if in case the stock one blows out.

Thanks,
A.P.
My car's current Hella Red Grill set has been acting weird - sometimes not going loud, and vague sounds. Maybe water washing has spoiled it, so I had ordered new Hella Red Grill and Hella Horn Wiring Harness too. Actually, I wrongly selected that horn + harness bundle from Amazon, however it was still very low prices (some deal). This material is lying since a while, and soon I will finish the whole work. I recall the Hella wiring needs to be modified for some connections - should not be tough - read inputs across.

in most Auto stores, you can get the relay - Bosch / Hella for about 100-150 bucks. I would suggest you always keep a spare relay in your car, or bike, wherever relay wiring is done. Generally, relay doesn't go bad fast, but then your whole wiring is dependent on that piece. One way to detect if relay is faulty - when you switch ON the device (light / horn), go very near to the relay and try to hear a tick-tick sound : if no sound then relay is faulty. If you hear (or feel the tick-tick), then relay is not the issue.

Recently I was on a solo bike trip, and I had put aftermarket horns with a custom wiring, relay & switch. When I was riding across a village road, suddenly noticed horns were not working !!! Trust me, it was really a bad situation! After the primary diagnostic, I didn't hear the relay's tick and was almost sure of that problem. After a cautious riding of 30-50 KM on that road, luckily found a auto garage and he did have such relay. Replacement was done in few min, and he also did the wire taping.

Few years back, I had good 7" two led bars on my car, and suddenly one day lights failed. Local mechanic said "Chinese lights don't have life". But I did troubleshooting, and found Relay was faulty. Replacement was quickly done my self.

sorry, for your simple question, I gave a long answer :-)

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 4th October 2019 at 15:42.
pcpranav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 11:24   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I just wanted the Skoda type horn, low tone types. It's super loud in the city and I am successfully able to shoo the 2 wheelers away with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
If you want something easier on the ears, get the Hella Chrome Trumpets. Euro sounding horns, the kind you get in VW/Skoda
This is exactly the kind I wanted for our Brio, but was sold a myTVS for 1700 bucks! This sounds anything but like the VW/Skoda.

Thanks to my being in a hurry and the unnatural feedback from inside the shop, I'm left with a pick-up truck like horn for the puny Brio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I got FIAMM AM80S - AM80SX installed in my S-Cross. Happy with the outcome
Wow! I'll pick up these for my S-Cross and probably also for the Brio.
Old 31st December 2019, 16:49   #1715
Senior - BHPian

Where can I get a pair of horns install in my Honda City (2017) in Gurgaon / Delhi? I used to trust Motor Concept (Delhi) for all accessories that need wire cutting for their neat work but when I visited them yesterday, I was informed that they don't install horns anymore.

I got a pair installed in my Grand i10 from one of the accessory shops in Karol Bagh but installation was very poor. I hear more sound and vibration inside the car. Not at all happy.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
Old 31st December 2019, 17:12   #1716
BHPian

Gents I'm looking for a Skoda type (and reasonably loud) horn for my Aria as the stock horns are pathetic. As far as I can see, it has a dual horn setup. Which horn should I buy?

Any online links? Thanks.
Old 31st December 2019, 17:39   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
As far as I can see, it has a dual horn setup. Which horn should I buy?

Get Hella Chrome Trumpets. They are simply bang for the buck and last for a decent period of time. The set costs around INR 1200 with most e-retailers.
Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 17:55   #1718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Get Hella Chrome Trumpets. They are simply bang for the buck and last for a decent period of time. The set costs around INR 1200 with most e-retailers.
Do we need a relay and wiring also for a car like Honda City?
Old 31st December 2019, 18:03   #1719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Gents I'm looking for a Skoda type (and reasonably loud) horn for my Aria as the stock horns are pathetic. As far as I can see, it has a dual horn setup. Which horn should I buy?

Any online links? Thanks.
Not sure which city you are in , I recommend auto parts be bought from stores if you know of any good ones around you.

Amazon has Bosch Symphony and Windtone classic, they aren't very loud but sounds pleasant. Make sure to not let any water into it, they are very sensitive to water ingress.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 18:06   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Not sure which city you are in , I recommend auto parts be bought from stores if you know of any good ones around you.

Amazon has Bosch Symphony and Windtone classic, they aren't very loud but sounds pleasant. Make sure to not let any water into it, they are very sensitive to water ingress.
I'm in Kolkata. Will look around.

Thanks for the suggestions to both of you!
Old 1st January 2020, 10:15   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Do we need a relay and wiring also for a car like Honda City?
They can work fine with stock harness and relay but you need to get adapter for terminals if you don't want the stock wires to be spliced.

Something like this should serve the purpose.
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 10:22   #1722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Something like this should serve the purpose.
Thanks. Can please share the link again or post the picture here. The link you provided is not opening.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 17:28   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Thanks. Can please share the link again or post the picture here. The link you provided is not opening.
Here's the link.

On a related note, I'd suggest you to choose a separate wiring harness with relay which will save the stock wires and run these horns without any hassle.

You can get the Hella branded one bundled with Horns at Amazon.
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 20:02   #1724
BHPian

avoid that Hella Horn wiring harness - that needs some modifications, joints - which defies the very purpose of buying a "ready-made branded harness" !!
your local auto electrician would do the entire thing for half the price, else you can even do it - not very difficult.

On my car, I have been using Hella Red Grill - they are very loud; but they dont last very long.
On my bike, I have installed Hella Pearl Trumpet (700 bucks a pair), and they are very loud.
In both cases, there is a relay wiring done, as they take more Amps than stock horns.

Last edited by pcpranav : 7th January 2020 at 20:07.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 22:20   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
avoid that Hella Horn wiring harness - that needs some modifications
Well, the modifications needed are not that bad either. The harness has been configured to work with ground triggered horns.

With a little effort it works well with positive triggered horns and I'd choose this harness for the quality of wires and connectors used.

Most Viewed