Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 18:28   #1756
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
Hi
I bought a Bosch symphony horn to install in my alto. The stock horn is a single horn setup and I want to change it to the dual horn setup. Which is the best horn relay to go with it??

Thanks
Roots , Bosch or the more common - Super, they all work.

Here is something for reference.

Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 21:12   #1757
BHPian

If possible, can you share links to buy it through online sites. Roots or Bosch, not the super branded one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Roots , Bosch or the more common - Super, they all work.

Here is something for reference.

Youtube
Old 22nd November 2020, 14:52   #1758
BHPian

Hi
I bought Hella horn relay with wiring harness from Amazon. It is not in a standard configuration and it is ground switched , this is what I understood from the customers review in the product section. Pin 85 and 30 have common connectors. I am attaching a pic of the connector. Is this product suitable to use in cars??https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00FDPYH2O?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-picsart_112202.50.17.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th August 2021 at 09:33. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd November 2020, 18:04   #1759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi
I bought Hella horn relay with wiring harness from Amazon. It is not in a standard configuration and it is ground switched , this is what I understood from the customers review in the product section. Pin 85 and 30 have common connectors. I am attaching a pic of the connector. Is this product suitable to use in cars??
Yes it is negative switched but can be used in cars and bikes with a slight modification. See here on what changes are required.

Hella harness (Power Horns!)

PS - Please follow this:

Pin 30 - To the battery's positive terminal. Make sure you retain the 30 A fuse!

Pin 85 - To ground/chassis

Pin 86 - To the trigger/switch i.e your existing horn switch output wire

Pin 87 - To the load i.e. the horns

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th August 2021 at 09:34. Reason: Typo in quoted post.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:23   #1760
BHPian

I want to fit it in my alto 2020 model. I am using Bosch symphony horns. There are two stock wires that go into the horn, so what should I do with the other wire , when I connect trigger wire to pin no 86??
PS: I have no experience with fitting horns.

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Yes it is negative switched but can be used in cars and bikes with a slight modification. See here on what changes are required.

Hella harness (Power Horns!)

PS - Please follow this:

Pin 30 - To the battery's positive terminal. Make sure you retain the 30 A fuse!

Pin 85 - To ground/chassis

Pin 86 - To the trigger/switch i.e your existing horn switch output wire

Pin 87 - To the load i.e. the horns
Old 23rd November 2020, 16:37   #1761
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I want to fit it in my alto 2020 model. I am using Bosch symphony horns. There are two stock wires that go into the horn, so what should I do with the other wire , when I connect trigger wire to pin no 86?? PS: I have no experience with fitting horns. Thanks in advance
You need to connect the +ve (trigger) lead to pin 86. The 2nd wire is the body/chassis/earth that can be wrapped up with insulation tape.

You will need to connect the harness separately to body/chassis via pin 85.

If you are not experienced I'd strongly recommend you have an automobile electrician fit it for you. Many accessory (car stereo) shops have them and they will fit it for you for a fee.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:12   #1762
BHPian

Guys, planning to change the stock horn on my Ford Freestyle. I called Sachin's Autoshop in Koramangala enquiring about Roots Windtone horn, He said it was not available with him and instead suggested Blaupunkt horn (Skoda type). Has anyone installed it? How is it in comparison to Roots Windtone?
Old 26th November 2020, 16:43   #1763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanasu View Post
Guys, planning to change the stock horn on my Ford Freestyle. I called Sachin's Autoshop in Koramangala enquiring about Roots Windtone horn, He said it was not available with him and instead suggested Blaupunkt horn (Skoda type). Has anyone installed it? How is it in comparison to Roots Windtone?
Never heard of Blaupunkt horns till you mentioned it.

If you like the "Skoda/VW" type of horn I'd highly recommend the Bosch Symphony or the more premium and IIRC louder Bosch Chrome trumpet horn set. Just make sure you install an auxiliary harness with a fuse and relay if the total 5A draw is more than your stock horn which it probably is. If your stock horns are 5A total draw for the pair then it's plug and play.

If you want real LOUD then nothing like the Hella Wind Tones AKA "red grilles". They make people jump and get outa the way fast.

Last edited by R2D2 : 26th November 2020 at 16:45.
Old 26th November 2020, 17:40   #1764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is one more version of Roots Windtone called as the Roots Windtone Electronic, sounds sharp and crisp. Never heard of Blaupunkt.
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-windtone-electronic.jpg  

rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 18:23   #1765
Distinguished - BHPian

FYI guys, Blaupunkt brand name is used by plenty of manufacturers (you know from where) under license since 2016, just like Philips, I do not think many of their products have anything to do with the car stereo brand that we think of.
Old 26th November 2020, 22:47   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Never heard of Blaupunkt horns till you mentioned it.

If you like the "Skoda/VW" type of horn I'd highly recommend the Bosch Symphony or the more premium and IIRC louder Bosch Chrome trumpet horn set. Just make sure you install an auxiliary harness with a fuse and relay if the total 5A draw is more than your stock horn which it probably is. If your stock horns are 5A total draw for the pair then it's plug and play.

If you want real LOUD then nothing like the Hella Wind Tones AKA "red grilles". They make people jump and get outa the way fast.
Thanks for the suggestion. Just one more query, Are Bosch Symphony horns too sensitive to water? Are they durable?
Old 26th November 2020, 23:33   #1767
BHPian

I have got the Blaupunkt horn installed recently. It's the skoda type and sounds similar to Bosch symphony (have it in my other car). All brands come with 6 month warranty and life depends on your luck - make sure it's installed firing downwards so no water goes in.

This is original Blaupunkt - they've recently launched a few products across the board like lights, damping, amps, woofers, etc. apart from the new Key Largo head units.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 23:50   #1768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Just one more query, Are Bosch Symphony horns too sensitive to water? Are they durable?
Horns are water resistant not water proof.

So, make sure you shield them from a high pressure blast or even rain at high road speed. All trumpet horns, electro-magnetic or pneumatic, are to be mounted with the open end facing down. Disc horns are more hardy but not invincible.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 10:26   #1769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
FYI guys, Blaupunkt brand name is used by plenty of manufacturers (you know from where) under license since 2016, just like Philips, I do not think many of their products have anything to do with the car stereo brand that we think of.
Slightly off topic, The Blaupunkt reverse camera are true wide angle and provide good coverage and decent clarity. I have the reverse camera model DH01 installed on my i20 and the quality and coverage is awesome. I have tried 2-3 reverse camera on the car. This is THE best i could find in India.

DH01 is their top of the line reverse camera.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:38   #1770
BHPian

Any suggestion or idea where can we source the horn couplers for the Honda city 2020. I wish to swap the existing one with Hella chrome trumpet and don't want to slice or cut any wire to keep warranty intact.

Ordering from aliexpress will be a challenge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks