Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 09:34   #871
BHPian

Got the BP3 - Stebel Three Trumpets

So, against all cautions and advises, I have bought the Stebel BP3.
The two note Three Trumpet is a pure pleasure. Now, that I am not going out of city till next weekend, I am playing the horn in internet over and over again from the Stebel site.
Drove everyone crazy at home.

And....

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
In fact, I was almost going to pull the plug on a REAL train horn in my car today, ...

I like having a couple of horns in my 'arsenal' to listen to the sweet (or sometimes brash and embarrassingly loud) tones of different horns installed in my car.

Not many would understand this outside of team-bhp, and I am sure even lots of Tbhp members might feel I am a whacko.

Cheers to all the horn lovers
+1 to that. Amen!
Old 24th March 2010, 12:20   #872
BHPian

Can I put an Root Windtone horn in place of OE horn in my i-10 sportz?

Hello friends, I am planning to change the OE horn of my i-10.

Is it fine if I put roots-windtone horn (the ones which come with Skoda)?
Will it damage the batter/circuit?
Will it void any kind of warranty? Please help

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th March 2010 at 12:36. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 24th March 2010, 12:38   #873
Team-BHP Support

It should be fine, these donot consume much power.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:28   #874
BHPian

Thanks jaggu! What about the warranty, any impact on that?
Old 24th March 2010, 14:01   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Hello friends, I am planning to change the OE horn of my i-10.

Is it fine if I put roots-windtone horn (the ones which come with Skoda)?
Will it damage the batter/circuit?
Will it void any kind of warranty? Please help
The stock wiring is sufficient for putting Windtone horn, and upgrade the fuse that is there in the fuse compartment under the steering. But if its with Kappa Engine, its hard to find a space there.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:25   #876
BHPian

Quote:
The stock wiring is sufficient for putting Windtone horn, and upgrade the fuse that is there in the fuse compartment under the steering. But if its with Kappa Engine, its hard to find a space there.
Please bear with my lack of knowledge but I didn't understand the second part about the fuse.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:37   #877
Team-BHP Support

There shouldnt be any warranty issues, even fuse no need to change. Retain it, only if you have problem with fuse blowing, replace it with higher amp maybe 5 amp more than stock.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:39   #878
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Vjoy,

Want the safest route out? Go back to the showroom that you bought your Manza from, check their accessory list for different horn options and have them install. You'll pay a higher price, but will get (hopefully) superior install quality + your warranty remains intact.

Does it have to be the same Tata showroom/dealer chain where I bought the car or I can go to any Tata showroom to get the horns fitted so that the warranty holds?. Reason am asking is that I now have Tejaswi Motors which opened a showroom en route to office as compared to the dealer which is 18 km from my place and that too in a crowded place while am still not sure of my driving skills(actually the auto wallas) of the old city.

Vijay
Old 26th March 2010, 09:52   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Does it have to be the same Tata showroom/dealer chain where I bought the car or I can go to any Tata showroom to get the horns fitted so that the warranty holds?. Reason am asking is that I now have Tejaswi Motors which opened a showroom en route to office as compared to the dealer which is 18 km from my place and that too in a crowded place while am still not sure of my driving skills(actually the auto wallas) of the old city.

Vijay
Vijay, you can go to any TATA showroom/dealer. Make sure you get a proper bill for the fitment and keep it safely. Many dealers will also procure a particular brand/model horn if they do not have it in stock. Some also allow you to get the horn and they do the installation.

-Biju
Old 26th March 2010, 09:55   #880
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Vijay, you can go to any TATA showroom/dealer. Make sure you get a proper bill for the fitment and keep it safely. Many dealers will also procure a particular brand/model horn if they do not have it in stock. Some also allow you to get the horn and they do the installation.

-Biju
That was a quick one Biju. Thanks.
Finally got hold of their number(they opened up only last week) and their rep. clarified the same and also told that they will be getting accessories only by Monday.

Vijay
Old 26th March 2010, 10:27   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post

Vijay
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post

-Biju
I got Bosch fitted at my TASS. Charged me 800Rs or so; pretty costly it was but nice job.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:38   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
The two note Three Trumpet is a pure pleasure. Now, that I am not going out of city till next weekend, I am playing the horn in internet over and over again from the Stebel site.

And....

+1 to that. Amen!
Congrats Sen! please do post pics if you can
Old 15th April 2010, 21:42   #883
BHPian

Guys,

After a trip to Andhra, I am fed up with my stock horn of Ikon. It cant even move a squirel. Decided to upgrade to Stebel. Any suggestions on which one, where to install on Ikon and a decent place around maratha halli, bangalore please?
Old 15th April 2010, 21:45   #884
BHPian

Then change them with Roots - Windtone Horns
Old 15th April 2010, 21:52   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post

And....

+1 to that. Amen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Guys,

After a trip to Andhra, I am fed up with my stock horn of Ikon. It cant even move a squirel. Decided to upgrade to Stebel. Any suggestions on which one, where to install on Ikon and a decent place around maratha halli, bangalore please?
I have the same horn on an isolated circuit on my Ikon. Have a separate push buttom actuator. The horn compressor and the trumpets are fitted behind the front bumper on the left side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks