Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 12:09   #946
BHPian

guys, i called up a dealer here in chennai and enquired about roots windtone. He quoted 950 including installation. When enquired about BOSH, the dealer said they are getting a lot of complaints and he is unwilling to provide me with the bosh product. He also suggested some other brand by the name MTEK (tech) which was around 1200rs. including installation. Guys any pointers? what should I do?
Old 21st June 2010, 13:23   #947
Senior - BHPian

Hi.

As I told you on other thread that I paid Rs.450/- for Roots Windtone pair and Rs.100/- for the relay. This was including installation.

Try some other accessory shop.
Old 21st June 2010, 13:39   #948
BHPian

Hi Guys
i am form chennai, where can i get Stebel horns in chennai, and reviews regarding the same
Old 21st June 2010, 13:50   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi.

As I told you on other thread that I paid Rs.450/- for Roots Windtone pair and Rs.100/- for the relay. This was including installation.

I guess these guys are taking me for a ride! let me check in some other accessories shop for the exact price for the Horn + installation.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:27   #950
Senior - BHPian

I got Stebel nautilus installed in my Santro with a switch to change between Stock horns. The sound of Nautilus is pretty sweet, loud and has good reach. Installation was done pretty neatly by "EVO" in bangalore Cambridge layout . Price was Rs 850 including installation.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:00   #951
BHPian

hi guys a reminder again, is there a shop in chennai where i can get stebel nautilus horns / or is it possible for anyone from banglore to ship it to chennai for me
Old 21st June 2010, 21:35   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi.

Can you please post the pic of Roots Windtone pair ?
Old 21st June 2010, 21:47   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi_seln View Post
hi guys a reminder again, is there a shop in chennai where i can get stebel nautilus horns / or is it possible for anyone from banglore to ship it to chennai for me
dude, please call up genuine car accessories shop in habibullah road T.Nagar. Also search online for the shop's list of accessories. Please do let me know where in chennai, you are located?
Old 21st June 2010, 21:52   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I did not click the pics while installation and I don't think I will be able to click the pics of installed horns in an i10 as one of them is deep below headlight and the other one is also not visible very clearly.

However, I will be going to the accessory shop in next 2-3 days. Then I can click the pics of a new set.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 21st June 2010 at 21:54.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:33   #955
BHPian

i live in shenoy nagar near thiru vee kaa park next to chintamani signal of anna nagar east
Old 23rd July 2010, 21:02   #956
BHPian

Has anyone changed the crappy stock horns on a Manza yet? I wonder whether I would be able to squeeze a pair of Roots Megasonic or Red Grills? Megasonic should be a better bet, an overweight horn (1.25kgs) for and overwt car ( overwt driver too) !

Last edited by windiesel : 23rd July 2010 at 21:06.
Old 12th August 2010, 22:01   #957
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Guys
i am form chennai, where can i get Stebel horns in chennai, and reviews regarding the same
Quote:

Hi My advise,

Please dont waste your money in STEBLE.Just see the info in the link,i too purchased it and it died in just two weeks time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1587871

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1610497

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
guys, i called up a dealer here in chennai and enquired about roots windtone. He quoted 950 including installation. When enquired about BOSH, the dealer said they are getting a lot of complaints and he is unwilling to provide me with the bosh product. He also suggested some other brand by the name MTEK (tech) which was around 1200rs. including installation. Guys any pointers? what should I do?
Go for the Hella Red Grill,its superb for city as well as Highway.Bosch is also good but not every body like its sound.

Cost: 1350 for Hella,2250 for Bosch

Go for the Hella cut out ,its a must for horns performance

I got my 2nd hella redgrill for my swift last month.You need help call me ,guess you have my number
Old 12th August 2010, 22:23   #958
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

Go for the Hella Red Grill,its superb for city as well as Highway.Bosch is also good but not every body like its sound.

I got my 2nd hella redgrill for my swift last month.You need help call me ,guess you have my number
Mate, Where can I get/fit 'Hella' in Chennai? My Vista's horn is quite weak and I want to upgrade it. If 'Hella' is good I will consider that.
I need an ability wherein I can switch between the 'default' horn and the add-on one.

Cheers
Old 12th August 2010, 23:23   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post

Roots or Bosch Windtone sound loud yet pleasing. Great buy for 500Rs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Has anyone changed the crappy stock horns on a Manza yet? I wonder whether I would be able to squeeze a pair of Roots Megasonic or Red Grills? Megasonic should be a better bet, an overweight horn (1.25kgs) for and overwt car ( overwt driver too) !
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Mate, Where can I get/fit 'Hella' in Chennai? My Vista's horn is quite weak and I want to upgrade it. If 'Hella' is good I will consider that.
I need an ability wherein I can switch between the 'default' horn and the add-on one.

Cheers

Ask you TASS to fit it for you. They quote higher rate for fixing but they will fit it proper,at the right place so you get max sound and warranty remains valid.

I was charged 800Rs for fitting Bosch. This included the clamps if it was used.Would suggest that you get the small Bosch relay instead of local ones.
Old 12th August 2010, 23:53   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I guess these guys are taking me for a ride! let me check in some other accessories shop for the exact price for the Horn + installation.
950 is the price for roots vibrasonic, any chance that he got confused ? windtone is 450 mrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi My advise,

Please dont waste your money in STEBLE.Just see the info in the link,i too purchased it and it died in just two weeks time.

No offense but I had a Stebel horn for more than a year with no problems (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1289745-post643.html). The sound was not loud since it was installed deep inside the engine bay. Using red grill now though and am more than happy the volume is perfect. Also used vibrasonic , while it was loud for some reason no one would bother about it, I guess thinking that it is some amby

Last edited by bottle : 12th August 2010 at 23:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks