Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 11:17   #46
BHPian

Re: A Hyundai Sonata V6 Story - From Barge To Bullet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
I wanted to car to look elegant...any more black will spoil the looks IMO.
Elegant? and that too Having a hot hot red? IMHO, It Looks and Meant to look Sporty!

Brilliant job and seems to be well executed. Kudos to your effort to try one such!

Just few points.
- Red and Black always goes nice, consider one with black/black with red lip wheels and grill as badboyscad PS'ed. Looks really good.
- and again Green glass on a red hot car doesn't serve to its beauty either, medium dark tint would look nice.
- as said above, silencer tip on both sides +1
- Is it only me who feels lot of colors used(wheels,stickers,natural glass,chrome strips)? Just keep everything black instead of that cheapo looking white reflectors. Just look at the rear alone with smoked taillight n red, you will get what most of us are saying.

you do or not consider, I love your car and one of the best looking Sonata I have seen (in my recent memory).

And more photoshoot please

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th April 2011 at 18:38.
Old 1st April 2011, 12:48   #47
BHPian

Great modification job done on V6 Sonata. The car looks beutiful in red. I actually, love the new grill--not only because,as you stated before: that it allows more air to pass--but because this new grill with the headlights , together from the front the car seems to me looking somewhat like a miniature Bentley car!!--But, then thats my impression.

Neverthless, the 'Bolt on Replacement' method--seems to me, though i may be corrected here, if my assumption is incorrect-- for modification employed on your Sonata has a 'Hit and Trial' sense to it. Usually, running the car for definate amount of kilometers after the modification of this kind results in one or other 'Aclimitization issues' creeping up.

Some questions:

How many kilometers has the car gone through since the modification done?
And, arnt you having any 'Aclimitization issues' since, the modification?
Old 1st April 2011, 14:04   #48
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Vivek. You've done your homework properly.

Two things I would change in the car:

1) The grille, like many others pointed out.
2) The adapter plate you custom made for the gearbox to mate onto the engine. I am guessing that the imperfection in this job could be eating up your clutch.

Keep up the good work and the roof.
Old 1st April 2011, 14:24   #49
BHPian

Elegant? and that too Having a hot hot red? IMHO, It Looks and Meant to look Sporty!
I meant the OEM kinda look. With black it looks done up. Believe me, i have played the black wheels theme in my mind before the colour was decided! The OEM look grows on you!

Brilliant job and seems to be well executed. Kudos to your effort to try one such!
Thank you!

Just few points.
- Red and Black always goes nice, consider one with black/black with red lip wheels and grill as badboyscad PS'ed. Looks really good.
- and again Green glass on a red hot car doesn't serve to its beauty either, medium dark tint would look nice.
- as said above, silencer tip on both sides +1
Can't do the silencer tip on both sides... no clearence on that side.

- Is it only me who feels lot of colors used(wheels,stickers,natural glass,chrome strips)? Just keep everything black instead of that cheapo looking white reflectors. Just look at the rear alone with smoked taillight n red, you will get what most of us are saying.

Again, already considered the blackening the chrome strips, but again the OEM thingy pops up....trust me, the car looks FAR better in person than pics!

you do or not consider, I love your car and one of the best looking Sonata I have seen (in my recent memory).

Thank you!

[quote=ritedhawan;2299395]Great modification job done on V6 Sonata. The car looks beutiful in red. I actually, love the new grill--not only because,as you stated before: that it allows more air to pass--but because this new grill with the headlights , together from the front the car seems to me looking somewhat like a miniature Bentley car!!--But, then thats my impression.
A LOT of people have told me about the mini Bentley look!

Neverthless, the 'Bolt on Replacement' method--seems to me, though i may be corrected here, if my assumption is incorrect-- for modification employed on your Sonata has a 'Hit and Trial' sense to it. Usually, running the car for definate amount of kilometers after the modification of this kind results in one or other 'Aclimitization issues' creeping up.

The only "aclimatization" issue is that my speedo no longer works. Some signal issues, even though VSS, ABS et al work fine. In the process of getting it resolved. The car has done around 20,000 km since the mod.

[quote=moralfibre;2299512]Congrats Vivek. You've done your homework properly.

Two things I would change in the car:

1) The grille, like many others pointed out.
2) The adapter plate you custom made for the gearbox to mate onto the engine. I am guessing that the imperfection in this job could be eating up your clutch.

Actually the clutch plate was set up improperly initially. No issues now! The adapter plate was a perfect fit, being carved out from a billet plate by a CNC machine.
1self is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2011, 15:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Great looking car and a great job done to revive the car.Initially i was very much interested by now disappointed because there is no real convincing proof of Mr.Somender Singh's work.I have been very interested in his work but have failed to see any proper result.

What i would like to see is 2 similar cars with the following-

1.Stock dyno pull.
2.Dyno pull with Just the head shaved as much as Mr.Singh does.
3.Dyno pull with the groves after the head shave.

This would give a real proof of his grooves and work on the intake tract.I does not matter if the peak power does not increase.What i am interested is in an increase of the area under the curve.
Old 1st April 2011, 17:11   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Great looking car and a great job done to revive the car.Initially i was very much interested by now disappointed because there is no real convincing proof of Mr.Somender Singh's work.I have been very interested in his work but have failed to see any proper result.

What i would like to see is 2 similar cars with the following-

1.Stock dyno pull.
2.Dyno pull with Just the head shaved as much as Mr.Singh does.
3.Dyno pull with the groves after the head shave.

This would give a real proof of his grooves and work on the intake tract.I does not matter if the peak power does not increase.What i am interested is in an increase of the area under the curve.
how about visiting somender-singh.com? go to the testing results section, might help with your disappointment/interest thing that you have going on. i for one can vouch for the performance gains.
cheers,
Old 3rd April 2011, 19:39   #52
BHPian

Can you tell me how much you sourced the exedy clutch for? i fried mine in my optra magnum and thinking of going for the exedy.
Old 3rd April 2011, 21:04   #53
BHPian

Good build, waiting to see what all performance upgrades you plan.

If i were you, id get rid of the chrome/ reflective taping whatever it is, upsize the rims, and focus more on the handling department. Good color, smoked taillamps look great.
Old 4th April 2011, 05:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
If i were you, id get rid of the chrome/ reflective taping whatever it is, upsize the rims, and focus more on the handling department. Good color, smoked taillamps look great.
No upsize of rims. I will need expensive after-market ones & this car already does in excess of 230 kmph (checked via GPS). Not sure if the relatively cheap ones (less than Rs. 50000 for 4) will be good enough at those speeds. Besides the PP2's already cost a fortune being 225/50 R16.

Last edited by GTO : 5th April 2011 at 15:11. Reason: Please follow the standard quote & reply format on Team-BHP. Do NOT type in bold
Old 4th April 2011, 09:43   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
this car already does in excess of 230 kmph (checked via GPS). .
Ah, now thats more like it.
That statement alone speaks volumes for what you've been able to put in.
Of course, it also arouses the green giant, but thats a given aint it?

man-o-man!!
Old 14th April 2011, 11:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Will keep an eye out for the car, she is looking great. Where in Pune are you based BTW?
Old 14th April 2011, 11:42   #57
BHPian

amazing thread vivek.
I have followed his car on NH4, amazing acceleration , it just vanishes.
PS- vivek I have some pics of the car taken at mega meet , will search and post them here
Old 15th April 2011, 07:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nims View Post
Can you tell me how much you sourced the exedy clutch for? i fried mine in my optra magnum and thinking of going for the exedy.
This was a custom clutch kit with flywheel. Just the clutch kit will cost you around 30 grand.
Old 2nd August 2011, 05:55   #59
BHPian

Some more goodies for my baby!

19mm roll bar & 4 point H beam! Just got them fitted. The turning-in is obviously FAR better with the roll bar. With the H-Beam, the chassis feels a LOT more taut & rigid at all speeds than before.
Attached Thumbnails
A Hyundai Sonata V6 Story - From Barge To Bullet!-imgp4279-medium.jpg  

1self is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:14   #60
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
19mm roll bar & 4 point H beam! Just got them fitted. The turning-in is obviously FAR better with the roll bar. With the H-Beam, the chassis feels a LOT more taut & rigid at all speeds than before.
Great to know that baby is taut.

Where do you procure such goodies? Is there a dedicated aftermarket performance kit manufacturer for Hyundai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks