Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2011, 16:07   #1
BHPian

Contessa Carb Upgrade

This is the Weber 32/36 DGAV install on my 1.8 Contessa. I had it stock with the Mikuni and then the Nikki. Nikki was a good carb but the tuning on the Weber 32/36 DGV is much better. Plan to do the blow through eventually.

After the carb upgrade the acceleration is really smooth and low end torque is slightly higher....

Sharing a few pics of my car and the carb...

Old 3rd April 2011, 16:30   #2
BHPian

Re: Contessa Carb Upgrade

Thats a lovely car you have. One of the very few contys in great condition.
Is the airfilter and box custom made? The carb base looks similar to maruti's mikuni carbs. Can this weber be interchanged with an 800 or zen?
You have one outlet unconnected. I hope thats just the purge.
Old 3rd April 2011, 18:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knob View Post
Thats a lovely car you have. One of the very few contys in great condition.
Is the airfilter and box custom made? The carb base looks similar to maruti's mikuni carbs. Can this weber be interchanged with an 800 or zen?
You have one outlet unconnected. I hope thats just the purge.
Airfilter and its box are from the performance mods available on the isuzu gemini.
Yes thats just the purge port. I know that the weber DCOE are fitted on the zen dont about this bro. The base plate has a redline adaptor kit.

Last edited by GTO : 4th April 2011 at 18:46. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language on this community; only FULL English. Correcting your post
Old 16th September 2013, 10:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_hiyyer_714 View Post
This is the Weber 32/36 DGAV install on my 1.8 Contessa. I had it stock with the Mikuni and then the Nikki. Nikki was a good carb but the tuning on the Weber 32/36 DGV is much better. Plan to do the blow through eventually.

After the carb upgrade the acceleration is really smooth and low end torque is slightly higher....

Sharing a few pics of my car and the carb...
That is a lovely car you have got. I have some questions on the modification?

1. Where did you source the Weber from?
2. What problems did you face in the Niki?
3. Do you find any increase in power from changing to a Niki from Mikuni? And changing from Niki to Weber?
Old 16th September 2013, 14:47   #5
BHPian

Thats one really pretty Contessa! Where is it? MH-12 reg. is it in pune?
Old 25th September 2013, 22:09   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
That is a lovely car you have got. I have some questions on the modification?

1. Where did you source the Weber from?

I bought the carb on ebay

2. What problems did you face in the Niki?

Nikki is a nice carb, but performance mods are difficult in it as there is very limited availability.

3. Do you find any increase in power from changing to a Niki from Mikuni? And changing from Niki to Weber?
Mikuni is just asthamatic...Nikki is a good drive but needs good tuning. The secondary butterfly on a Nikki opens up with Engine Vaccum. The best thing would be to make that mechanical and remove the electric choke

Weber is the best carb in the world, so easy to tune and upgrade. If you are going for a carb upgrade, I would recommend a 38/38 DGV which is a synchronous twin butterfly. You will love it!!
Old 25th September 2013, 22:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you are going for a carb upgrade, I would recommend a 38/38 DGV which is a synchronous twin butterfly. You will love it!!
From where can you get this carb in Mumbai and at what cost?
Old 28th September 2013, 18:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
From where can you get this carb in Mumbai and at what cost?
Actually I bought on ebay from a guy in OZ. In Mumbai you can try Anant from N1 he may be able to help you.
Old 29th September 2013, 10:06   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In Mumbai you can try Anant from N1 he may be able to help you.
Not much of help. Anant is not visiting forum for years and I don't have his number. Let me see what I can do to get this.
Old 29th September 2013, 13:17   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Not much of help. Anant is not visiting forum for years and I don't have his number. Let me see what I can do to get this.
Have you tried VPost? Its one of the things where you can shop overseas and get it delivered in India.

Make sure you also get the Redline adaptor for the 4ZB1 as you will need this to mount this on the manifold of the Isuzu in your conti.

The best part of installing this carb is, over time you can also go for the blow through set up and that will be kickass. The 4ZB1 has a low comp ratio anyways so it works really well...
Old 11th April 2017, 11:49   #11

Quote:
Have you tried VPost? Its one of the things where you can shop overseas and get it delivered in India.

Make sure you also get the Redline adaptor for the 4ZB1 as you will need this to mount this on the manifold of the Isuzu in your conti.

The best part of installing this carb is, over time you can also go for the blow through set up and that will be kickass. The 4ZB1 has a low comp ratio anyways so it works really well...
Hello get_hiyyer, thats a lovely car you have and the carburetor setup exactly what I want on my contessa. I wish I could drive it once and feel how much power difference it really has made.

Anyways, my location is Delhi/NCR and I want same setup. Could you please help me out in sourcing one here and direct me what I need to do step by step. Also what would it cost me approx.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks