Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 19:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki A-Star Dynapack Dyno Run

Firstly, this is not my car.

I came across this dyno run thread, "LEVI" Dyno Result, here at TeamCelerio a Phillipines car forum dedicated to Celerio/AStar/Alto 09. Thought people here would be eager to know the dyno result of an AStar.

The car was not stock and these are the modifications done to it.

Quote:
K&N Intake
1 3/4 BI Pipe 3-1 Headers
1.75 BI Pipe Chambered Muffler Exhaust
Grounding Kit
Mega Raizin
Raizin Spark
Power Mag Fuel Saver
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
14" Mags with Falken 185/60/r14 tires
Door Deadening (All Doors Approx. 10kls of weight)
Cross Bar (Approx. 4kls of weight)

Modified engine HP = 75-80whp
Baseline run HP(Modified with body) = 59.074whp
Suzuki A-Star Dynapack Dyno Run-celerio1.jpg

Suzuki A-Star Dynapack Dyno Run-celerio2.jpg

Suzuki A-Star Dynapack Dyno Run-celerio3.jpg

I lost him at modified engine HP, didn't see a dyno sheet with those numbers. Also why does the dynosheet have two results? One in Yellow and one in Green?

Now comparing this to the Swift 1.2 Dyno run here at . we can see that the AStar is making good power (even if its after the said mods) compared to the Swift run. The Blore run as we know is at a higher elevation so that might influence the reading a bit i guess. BUT from the dyno sheet we can see that the AStar is near its redline 6280RPM in 3rd gear doing 131Kmph making 58BHP and the Swift K is doing 162kmph at 5467RPM (in 4th?). Wouldn't the 1.2 Swift produce more horses than what that chart represents if taken to near its redline at 3rd gear. So is the Swift dyno run correct?

All image credit goes to jjhandog of TeamCelerio.

Last edited by Sankar : 6th April 2011 at 19:50.
Old 7th April 2011, 14:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Suzuki A-Star Dynapack Dyno Run

Sankar, for whatever it's worth, one thing I have learnt is to NEVER compare charts of dynos taken at two different places. There are simply too many variables. Best is to compare readings at the same dyno, of course keeping all other parameters the same.
Old 7th April 2011, 15:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Suzuki A-Star Dynapack Dyno Run

Yes i agree with that, but since i wasn't able to get my car to a Dyno or get the results of an Astar dyno run in india i guess this chart still helps a bit. The cars are the same except that its a ZXI LHD and the dyno is what red rooster uses in bangalore. The altitude, fueling and temperature would be different and that would influence the reading but still some yardstick to gauge the performance of our AStars. Stock Astars give around 45BHP at the wheels according to the owner of this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks