Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2009, 11:11   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
'Chennai Ford' is Quoting 3850/- for Waxoyl Paint Protection (Only exterior), I have a feeling Im being ripped.

Has anyone gone for Waxoyl paint protection lately ? Thanks
Honestly saying don't go for Waxoyl protection. It's simply hogwash. Once I had done it for my bike; got a sticker, that's all.

In the guise of Waxoyl protection, they are simply doing a wax job.
Old 20th February 2009, 12:11   #17
BHPian

Thnx for your response's, Iam getting a Black and live very close to the beach hence the concern.
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:18   #18
BANNED

Anyone used this 3M Paint Protection Treatment ?

3M India: Paint Protection Treatments
Old 5th August 2009, 19:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Thnx for your response's, Iam getting a Black and live very close to the beach hence the concern.
It is advisable to get Paint protection done. you Can go for Autoglyms 3 coat system. Autoglym products are endorsed by Jaguar, Aston Martin & Merc in UK.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron&Walters View Post
It is advisable to get Paint protection done. you Can go for Autoglyms 3 coat system. Autoglym products are endorsed by Jaguar, Aston Martin & Merc in UK.

How can you go for autoglym products when they are not available here, unless you have a secret supplier, please advise.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:26   #21
BHPian

Guys!! My new ford Ikon is getting scratches all over, not coz anyone is hitting the car or any accident, its just minor scratches over the sides . Could be coz of the cleaning guy using the cloth to wipe the dirt off.

Is there any polish available to rid of these scratches?? Have tried Turtle and all, but these would last only for a week or 2.

Have also heard, teflon is not good enough as dealers are making fool of customers by using the available polish.

BTW, is anybody aware of a Turtle retailer in Delhi/NCR?
Old 15th August 2009, 14:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Guys!! My new ford Ikon is getting scratches all over, not coz anyone is hitting the car or any accident, its just minor scratches over the sides . Could be coz of the cleaning guy using the cloth to wipe the dirt off.

Is there any polish available to rid of these scratches?? Have tried Turtle and all, but these would last only for a week or 2.

Have also heard, teflon is not good enough as dealers are making fool of customers by using the available polish.

BTW, is anybody aware of a Turtle retailer in Delhi/NCR?
Waxes and ploish helps you in filling up the scratches temporarily, I've heard many people saying 3M's scratch and swirl removal work is pretty good, I'm getting it done to my car soon. It will cost you 2.5k to 3k

Check my posts here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...lear-coat.html
Old 16th August 2009, 12:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
I've heard many people saying 3M's scratch and swirl removal work is pretty good,
Hey Akki bhai, Can I get this Scratch and Swirl remover from any retail store and what if I do it myself!! Any harm in that?

PM me any retail shop where I can get this bottle and if you coud also get the cost of 1 bottle.
Old 16th August 2009, 15:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Hey Akki bhai, Can I get this Scratch and Swirl remover from any retail store and what if I do it myself!! Any harm in that?

PM me any retail shop where I can get this bottle and if you coud also get the cost of 1 bottle.
Yes, you do get many swirl removal products in the market, Get the swirl&scratch treatment done professionally for better results as it involves rubbing out a few microns of paint.

Contact the major A.S.S of your car in your city and enquire about the 3M swirl and scratch treatment. It will cost you 2.5k-3k + peace of mind and good results guaranteed!
Old 4th September 2009, 16:32   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
How can you go for autoglym products when they are not available here, unless you have a secret supplier, please advise.
I can tell you about Anand, he does a fantastic grooming job using AutoGlym in mumbai anandpereira71@gmail.com
Old 4th September 2009, 19:14   #26
BHPian

I look to wash the car myself every week and use waxpol liquid wax, I have a lot of faith in Waxpol have been using it from ages starting from bikes and I think this is one good way to keep your car shining.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks