Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 13:56   #31
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: The Team-BHP Guide to BASIC Car Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaldahiwade View Post
Yes, i think most of us struggle with accurate sizes of stock speaker sizes. If not for all, then for the more popular cars atleast.

Any sources you are aware of?
carwale dot com has a thread with list of stock OEM speaker sizes for a good number of cars. I would link it but I don't know if I would be breaking forum rules. Also if anyone is making a copy over here, please mention source or due credit.
Old 30th March 2014, 01:19   #32

Really nice way to summarize the requiements for selecting a new car audio system. From the aesthetics point of view it is required to have some idea about 1-DIN/2-DIN panels and display of the system. Also, how many speakers should one prefer? If someone could throw some light, it would be great. I'm looking to have a good stereo for my K10 that essentially will be used to hear bass beats and guitar tunes.
Old 26th June 2014, 20:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by er.sudhansu View Post
Really nice way to summarize the requiements for selecting a new car audio system. From the aesthetics point of view it is required to have some idea about 1-DIN/2-DIN panels and display of the system. Also, how many speakers should one prefer? If someone could throw some light, it would be great. I'm looking to have a good stereo for my K10 that essentially will be used to hear bass beats and guitar tunes.
For hatchbacks its better to have component speakers for front and coaxial speakers for back .
If you need good bass ,one need to add a sub woofer and a basic amplifier.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 15:16   #34
BHPian

I am planning to upgrade/update my car speakers. I have a 2012 Fluidic Verna. Any suggestions please?
Old 19th August 2014, 00:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest how to get the best sound out of the unit in the SX4?

Can I install good high end speakers or do I need to go for an amplifier?

I'd prefer to keep the oem unit to keep the steering controls.
Old 19th August 2014, 00:52   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Can anyone suggest how to get the best sound out of the unit in the SX4?

Can I install good high end speakers or do I need to go for an amplifier?

I'd prefer to keep the oem unit to keep the steering controls.
A good 4 channel amp. with built in crossover and components for front and rear should be able to give you decent sound quality. The choice of speakers and amp. combo is huge and I would suggest you go to a reputed ICE installer in your city and he would be able to advise what is best suited to your car and music preferences.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 20:21   #37
BHPian

If a amplifier is present separately does the HU still hold any importance?
Old 28th March 2015, 10:56   #38
BHPian

Does anybody know a good car-audio dealer in bangalore? Or suggest a good brand/model of both player and speakers for santro xing?
Old 28th March 2015, 12:41   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Does anybody know a good car-audio dealer in bangalore? Or suggest a good brand/model of both player and speakers for santro xing?
Dear abhi7013, can you please tell us specifically what you are looking for. A basic audio system which will just play music or a system which will flex windscreen and wake the neighborhood? Tell us more about your taste in music (genre). Also an insight into your planned budget will help. "Sachin's Auto shop" in koramangala will be a good place to get the install done.

Last edited by Mashblue : 28th March 2015 at 12:43. Reason: car-audio dealer in bangalore
Old 28th March 2015, 13:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Dear abhi7013, can you please tell us specifically what you are looking for. A basic audio system which will just play music or a system which will flex windscreen and wake the neighborhood? Tell us more about your taste in music (genre). Also an insight into your planned budget will help. "Sachin's Auto shop" in koramangala will be a good place to get the install done.
Hello sir, thanks for your reply. Am looking for a basic player system. Something which is not too complicated. I have a pioneer system but there's no aux or usb. Just a cd drive. So planning to buy an interface which has both usb and aux.
Also, i have a pair if JBL rear speakers, both of which are not working and beyond repair. Broken diaphragm. So was looking out for a 400-500W jbl speakers.
Budget: it would be great if both the player system and speakers do not exceed 10K. I looked at two shops both of which quoted 10,500 for a pioneer system and a 400W jbl speaker pair..
So wanted to know good shops which offer good price in areas like jc road or sanjay nagar or RT nagar in Bangalore..
Old 28th March 2015, 19:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hello sir, ...
So wanted to know good shops which offer good price in areas like jc road or sanjay nagar or RT nagar in Bangalore..
Look for a headunit which has at least 20 watts RMS output (i presume you wont be using an amplifier). Avoid pioneer if you wont be using an amp. Something like JVC KD-R456 will be fine and should retail for around 5.5K. For rear ovals Alpine SPS-69C3 would be my choice and these cost around 4K. I personally would avoid JBL speakers as there are many counterfeit JBL products in the market.
Purchase the products online and get the installation done locally, This will be more cost-effective. Keep us updated
Old 4th April 2015, 22:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Look for a headunit which has at least 20 watts RMS output (i presume you wont be using an amplifier). Avoid pioneer if you wont be using an amp. Something like JVC KD-R456 will be fine and should retail for around 5.5K. For rear ovals Alpine SPS-69C3 would be my choice and these cost around 4K. I personally would avoid JBL speakers as there are many counterfeit JBL products in the market.
Purchase the products online and get the installation done locally, This will be more cost-effective. Keep us updated
Thank you for the advice! Went for jvc kdr456, the same which you recommended.
As for the speakers, got hold of jbl, 400watts speakers. Loving the quality!! Thank you.
Old 4th April 2015, 23:23   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a pioneer system but there's no aux or usb. Just a cd drive. So planning to buy an interface which has both usb and aux.
If you are satisfied with the current HU output and if you could live with AUX only, here is something for you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3636748

EDIT: just read your last post regarding JVC HU purchase.

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 4th April 2015 at 23:25.
Old 5th April 2015, 13:06   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
If you are satisfied with the current HU output and if you could live with AUX only, here is something for you

It was worth the read! Lots of information gathered. Thank you! Another friend of mine wanted to upgrade. He was searching for sony xplod systems but the modek he wanted was not available. The link you sent will definitely help him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

Thank you for the link. Lots of information gathered! A friend of mine wanted to upgrade and was searching for xplod systems. Will show him the link. It will be useful for him..

Last edited by ampere : 9th October 2015 at 22:35. Reason: Back to Back posts merged
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:26   #45
BHPian

Hi BHPians!!

I need few suggestions for a new add on accessories for Baleno(Zeta) that i am going to buy soon.
I was not happy with the bass range that the standard music system produced, It was giving more vibrations rather than the thump. I am planning to add a SubWoofer and an amplifier. Need suggestions for the same!!
Budget ~ 10K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks