Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2009, 08:16   #61
BHPian

Who does these turbo charging in India? Specifically, anybody in South India?

How do I find out if it is possible to turbocharge an Accent?
Old 8th February 2009, 15:28   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx View Post
Who does these turbo charging in India? Specifically, anybody in South India?
Allow me guide you to our Tuner Directory.
Old 8th February 2009, 21:45   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Allow me guide you to our Tuner Directory.
Thank you. I'll check them out.
Old 18th February 2009, 22:00   #64
BHPian

Has anyone ever tried to turbo an alto 1.1 (F10D engine) ?
Old 18th February 2009, 23:55   #65
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there was a Wagon R turbocharged on TBHP. The owner was in Mumbai. I think his used ID itself is wagonr tc or something to that effect.
Old 19th February 2009, 15:36   #66
BHPian

Can Turbo charging work on engines like that on a mahindra Jeep which doesnt have an ECU.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 19th February 2009, 19:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

Yes, carb. cars can be turbocharged too.
Old 21st February 2009, 11:57   #68
BANNED

1 year & 10,000/- kms of Turbo Charging Car

Hi Guys,

Its exactly a year today since I had Turbo Charged my Old Honda City which has a B16A2 engine inside it. Other than few initial issues all related to tuning the Stand Alone and 1 other incident have faced zero issues in my car.

I have switched over from 2 different Stand Alone ECU's, 2 different Tuners(for setting up the ECU) and gone thru some hardware upgrades in the engine during the course of this journey.

Let me share my views on TC'ing from my personal experience. If done right and setup correctly it is very rare for something to go wrong unless and until you do not respect your car and abuse it. There are certain do's if you drive a TC'd car like
1> Check Oil Levels daily
2> Check Coolant/Water levels during every fuel fill up.
3> Check for any oil leaks

If you can do this then you have nothing to worry about reliability. I have taken the car out of town on at least 10-15 occasions to Lonavala, Poona, Mahabaleshwar & even Nashik with zero incidence or reason to worry. This car is my absolute daily drive and I take it wherever I need to go even in bumper to bumper traffic running at 12psi.

Am not much of a writer and so I end this small review here. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have and will gladly share the info with you.

Viper
Old 21st February 2009, 12:08   #69
BHPian

Hey Jignesh Bhai,

Awesome ride you have there.Its great to know you have completed one year with very few issues,I'm sure a lot of hard work and preparation went into this project.If I may ask,what is your car's whp as per the last dyno?Are you planning to up the boost further anytime soon?And how is the ECU from Zakie running?Any issues with that so far?
Sorry is I'm asking too many questions,but your car's setup is so exciting I'd like to know some more about it.Damn thats a hell of a sleeper
PS-How long are your tyres lasting with that kind of power on a FWD?
Couldn't resist one more

Last edited by maverick030581 : 21st February 2009 at 12:11.
Old 21st February 2009, 12:16   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Hey Jignesh Bhai,

Awesome ride you have there.If I may ask,what is your car's whp as per the last dyno?Are you planning to up the boost further anytime soon?And how is the ECU from Zakie running?Any issues with that so far?
Sorry is I'm asking too many questions,but your car's setup is so exciting I'd like to know some more about it.Damn thats a hell of a sleeper
PS-How long are your tyres lasting with that kind of power on a FWD?
Couldn't resist one more
Hi Maverick,

My last dynoed figure that I have is 228 WHP @ 10psi on a conservative tune running on unleaded fuel. Boost will be upped in the coming week in preperation of the Torque Nite. ECU is doing great with zero issues to date. Tyres have lasted very well and have more than 60% life left in them since I drive carefully and dont abuse them much.

The only thing that needed to be changed was the clutch. Turbos running on high boost really eat up clutches which are expensive to replace.

Viper

PS - Advise for all those planning to TC their cars. Only go ahead if you have lots of Vitamin M and be prepared to shell out at least 25% more than the initial cost including stand alone withing the next few months of install.
Old 20th April 2009, 22:33   #71

Any Idea if super charging or turbo charging an old FIAT is possible? If yes could you please also mention what it would take to do so?
Old 21st April 2009, 00:47   #72
BHPian

Anybody try to turbocharge a TATA 1.4 16 Valve Twin Cam petrol engine from an Indigo XL (100 PS stock in NA form), and then move it to an Indica (lighter vehicle) ?

I understand that the 1.4 petrol engine block is cast iron (and shares a fair bit of it's design with the TATA 1.4 diesels), and can withstand some serious cylinder pressures.

Same with the transaxles (shared with the 1.4 DICOR diesel with it's high torque), for their torque handling capability.

Would appreciate comments from tuners / gurus.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:37   #73
BHPian

i know for a fact the nitrous is the sure shot at HP gains, can anyone tell me the cost of a wet fogger system from holly or any other well known brand. also the jet config for NOS and fuel for a 1.3 swift??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Could anyone please tell me what the boost pressure (in psi) is of turbos installed in various Indian vehicles, especially the one in the Indigo. Also, is there a possibility of increasing the boost pressure slightly in Indigo TDi in order to have a slight increase in power/pick-up. If so, then can it be done without having any adverse impact on the functioning, reliability and durability of any related mechanical component or system.
Increasing the boost pressure on a diesel vehicle is not advisable since the compression ratio of a diesel is much higher than that of a petrol version. hence i recomend sticking to the OEM setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Awwwwesome!!
Explains almost every aspect and kept very simple to understand.
Well done Psycho.

Regarding the idling of 2mins before shutting the engine, is it necessary for every Turbo equipped car?
And 5mins of idling before driving? Is this supposed to be done everytime or only on a coldstart?

Ahhh, Turbocharging for Dummies causes a lot of stupid questions, right?
Ignorance = Bliss!!
Their are oil chambers (That store oil to supply to the turbo once the engine is switched off) available in U.S. & U.k. to help u switch off without the 2 min shut off time. as per start up, the oil pressure light should go off only after the oil has reached the turbo. depends on how u plumb the oil line. ie pressure switch activation after the turbo.

Mod's Note: Please do not make back to back posts. Use the Multiquote button to respond to multiple posts at one go. If the content is already posted then use the Edit button in the 1st 20 mins of posting.

Posts merged.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:10   #74
BHPian

Would really love to turbo my Swift DDIS..is it possible and how much does it cost?
Old 24th February 2010, 16:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

Swift DDIS already has a Turbo what more do you want? Another turbo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks