Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 13:13   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Swift DDIS already has a Turbo what more do you want? Another turbo?
Of course DDIS comes with a Turbo. But I guess, it is not really called a turbo when you compare with the custom turbos. The stock turbo kicks in @ 2200 rpm whereas, the custom ones comes into the presence a bit earlier (not really sure about this).
Old 19th March 2010, 15:19   #77
BHPian

I have heard Swift D Turbos are so puny and owners always have a feel that 2200rpm is too long a wait ! Even I felt so when I drove the car and it was not a good feeling during city drives !
Old 5th October 2011, 11:05   #78
BHPian

Turbo Chargers - For Petrol or Diesel ?

Hi,
I've been having this question for quite some time now. Are turbo chargers really suited only for diesel engines ? or do they do well with their petrol cousins as well ? What is the technical reason for the same ?

I have not really seen a turbo charged petrol. Experts: please give in your views

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th October 2011 at 11:47. Reason: Use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 17:29   #79
BHPian

Re: Turbo Chargers - For Petrol or Diesel ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
Hi,
I've been having this question for quite some time now. Are turbo chargers really suited only for diesel engines ? or do they do well with their petrol cousins as well ? What is the technical reason for the same ?

I have not really seen a turbo charged petrol. Experts: please give in your views
Linea T-Jet, Laura TSi & Laura RS are all Turbocharged petrol engined cars.
Old 4th March 2012, 11:06   #80
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Points to consider before TURBO-Charging your car

Hi,

Can the ANHC be turbo charged??? If yes, any ideas where is the best place to get it done??
Old 4th March 2012, 17:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

In the Opening Post, under the "Things that will harm your turbo" it is given that Prolonged Engine Idling will harm your turbo.
Now how much of time can be treated as "Prolonged"?
Old 4th March 2012, 23:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Hi,

Can the ANHC be turbo charged??? If yes, any ideas where is the best place to get it done??
Yes. Red Rooster seems to be the best bet as of now and they should have a branch in your city.
Old 5th July 2014, 16:19   #83
BHPian

Diesel turbo on a petrol corolla?

For years I have been using a Corolla with stage 2 cams and an Emanage Ultimate.A couple of years ago the Emanage conked off, using the stock ecm since.
Bored with the power and unwillingness to sell the car has left me with one option only - BOOST.
My initial plan was to procure parts over a year , as finances work and then instal, according to the plan I got an AEM EMS4 standalone ecm and a pressure sensor, awaiting further monies to buy a turbo and manifold. Most "performance" turbos cost 1000$ and beyond.
A friend suggested that i should save my $ and put in a turbo and intercooler from an Indian diesel car. I've tried looking for specs for stock turbos on most popular cars but cant find any info.
In theory diesel engines make more exhaust gases than a petrol , also most stock diesel turbos make boost pretty early and peak out at 3500 revs. So if I were to pick up a turbo from a larger engine and plonk it in my 1.8 corolla it should give me a kick in the pants ?
Suggestions ? Opinions?
Old 5th July 2014, 17:08   #84
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diesel turbo on a petrol corolla?

You will need a diesel turbo from a 4.0 to a 5.0 diesel engine.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 19:38   #85
BHPian

So truck turbo ? Why do you suggest a turbo from such a big engine ?
Old 6th July 2014, 14:57   #86
BHPian

Re: Diesel turbo on a petrol corolla?

why dont you get a turbo from a mahindra scorpio? I have see a palio 1.6 and baleno running in this turbo. Intercooler from tata manza and swift respectively.
streetracer_919 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 21:29   #87
BHPian

Turbocharging a Baleno for daily driving.

I have a 2006 Baleno Vxi that has done 40258km on the odometer and the car's been bone stock. Not that it is boring or anything like that. But I was thinking what if I could build something like a turbo charged daily driver to light up what was a bone stock life for the old girl. Something that doesn't need a mainframe to keep things in order.

Here are my requirements or I think they are.

1. The car has around 91BHP I guess I am not sure but this surely needs to go up to atleast 150 BHP. I am not aiming anything beyond 180 bhp.

2. My intention is purely an increase in torque and mid and top end power delivery. To put it fair and square something similar to what you used to get from a Skoda Octavia RS or a Fiat Linea T-Jet.

Will this kind of a mod break my bank of of course the "kitna deti hai?" question applies. Welcoming all your suggestions.
Old 27th November 2014, 21:51   #88
Senior - BHPian

Re: Turbocharging a Baleno for daily driving.

based on experience you can expect 8 in city and 10-12 highways.
It is better to see what examples are running in Bangalore now. Based on those you can arrive at conclusion. For doing things properly it would cost lot of money. It may be better to hunt for a used T-jet.
kutlee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 22:20   #89
BHPian

@kutlee well I know what you mean. I wanted to do it on the Baleno purely because I cant let it go for another car. No idea why.
Old 27th November 2014, 22:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

To take on a T-Jet or the old Octy vRS, all you would need is about a 25% increase in output.

As mentioned, 7-8 and 10-12 kmpl in the city and on the highway respectively, is what you can expect however there also lies the potential to extract 4 kmpl based on how much fun you have.

Turboing your ride is easily possible but will require a good amount of money if you want to do a dependable and proper job. From the questions you seem to be asking, I would suggest you spend a little more time learning about all this before you leap into it.
IshaanIan is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks