Team-BHP - ARTICLE: How to modify a diesel car for more performance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On modifying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: How to modify a diesel car for more performance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/19373-article-how-modify-diesel-car-more-performance-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 880526)
I had the pleasure of doing some extensive testing on an Elantra Crdi running 18-21 psi (stock is 16 psi) for over 2 months now. Results are quite marvellous when compared to other peted elantra's in Bangalore. The owner of the car (who is still unable to log in to his ID(s) and post) shall be soon putting up a detailed review I hear. So lets wait for it.

wish i'd talked to you when I had the chance at kuttikanam:Frustrati
this Elantra with the boost controller, does it also run with a pete's box or does it have just the boost controller? and what are you doing for fuelling, now that the amount of air forced in has gone up?

sorry for all the questions, but really impatient to find out more.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 880546)
wish i'd talked to you when I had the chance at kuttikanam:Frustrati
this Elantra with the boost controller, does it also run with a pete's box or does it have just the boost controller? and what are you doing for fuelling, now that the amount of air forced in has gone up?

sorry for all the questions, but really impatient to find out more.:)

Pete's box increases the injector pulse duration thus throwing in more fuel thats needed. Also the car will soon be switching to a standalone which will control fuelling. Pete's was set from stage I to stage II.

Water injection (engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
does anyone know about water injection ?

hi
can members confirm me that has K & N filters for SWIFT ddis
Thanks in advance

hi guys is there any engine mod available for lancer diesel.

Any update on this fantastic Elantra?

can anyone give me an estimate for fitting a branded well equipped turbo for my swift diesel !i would like to know

1) price(approx)
2)time
3)shop
4)your guarantee

urgently

you want to change the turbo on you ddis? Why???????

I wonder, why are we not thinking of asking turboindia.
Also, how about grooving?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAR_GOD_666 (Post 968587)
can anyone give me an estimate for fitting a branded well equipped turbo for my swift diesel !i would like to know

1) price(approx)
2)time
3)shop
4)your guarantee

urgently

I'm not sure if you're unaware of this , but the swift diesel is already turbocharged :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1038787)
I'm not sure if you're unaware of this , but the swift diesel is already turbocharged :D

LOL Greenhorn! I am certain he meant to ask about upgrading his turbo?

Been googling to find out about exhaust mods in Turbodiesels and found this website. Its focussed on VWs mainly, but the advice given there sounded pretty sensible to me. Would be nice if we could discuss some of that here

1000 answered questions about your diesel - FAQ and how to index
This is the link to the FAQ section. have a look around.

The general advice on this website is- Do not try to turn your 4 cylinder diesel into a racecar, you will fail!
I agree with that, but with just a small taste of what can be done with a very simple mod like the PSI box, I'm hooked! Makes me want to experiment more. stupid:

Here are a few think you guys might like to know:

Unlike gasoline engines diesel engines can be easily modded to produce additional power by simply increasing the boost pressure and the amount of fuel injected. the chip you install will increase the boost pressure with your existing turbocharger and increase the pulse width to the fuel injections. However, this leads to elevated exhaust gas temperatures (EGT). It's very important to keep an eye on your EGT since prolong exposure to high EGT can destroy your turbo.

Water injection: High cylinder temperatures lead to high NOx emissions - water injection helps cut down emissions by a huge amount.

Diesel engines use fuel as a means to carry away heat to prevent high EGTs. When your engine puts out black smoke - its usually because it is running rich. Diesel engines do not like to be revved up - and when accelerating you will notice smoke early on and the smoke will disappear as the turbo spools up and your AFR reaches its optimum point.

Again, keep an eye on your EGT (Exhaust gas temp) if you're modifying your turbo diesel!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swifty2008 (Post 1038602)
Also, how about grooving?

I think grooving is useless. It works on ancient inefficient engines but on the well-designed that we're using its simply nonsense.

Grooving aims to improve atomization of fuel by introducing turbulence. But careful attention has been given to the way fuel atomizes in the cylinder by using specific piston shapes to create an inverted mushroom-cloud effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 (Post 1132761)
Here are a few think you guys might like to know:

Thanks for the info, Atlblkz06. Would you have anything to add to this thread?