Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:53   #196

[
2) Older diesels benefit a lot from Pump tuning and injector cleaning.[/quote]

I own the old Mitsubishi Lancer diesel whose engine is not a common rail one neither does it have a turbo. I personally think its a very underpowered car so can pump tuning and injector cleaning as you have mentioned be done on this car..? If so where can i get it done..?
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:48   #197
BHPian

For a Car Like Scorpio, Would point number 1 & 5 be helpful. I belive rest all are taken care already. If not please advise your thought
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:47   #198
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
For a Car Like Scorpio, Would point number 1 & 5 be helpful. I belive rest all are taken care already. If not please advise your thought
Of course yes! There's already some power chips being sold for the Scorpio, though I'm not too sure of how a free flow would go with the SUV. Try Pt. 1 out, you'll be pleased
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:55   #199
BHPian

Any ways of increasing power in the 2835cc IDI,Turbo Mitsu Pajero?
Old 29th June 2009, 02:54   #200
BHPian

Quote:
I personally think its a very underpowered car so can pump tuning and injector cleaning as you have mentioned be done on this car..? If so where can i get it done..?
Yes, its possible and I have done this in my TCIC Safari. Its very easy if you have Bosch pump and MICO injectors. But don't expect any Mileage if you tuned the pump for performance. i am getting only 5-7 in city now. Also clean your catalytic converter and Air filters frequently. I also recommend you a manual decarbonization too, if you feel your car is not like new now. You can also try some good additives like Automax, OWS, Bhardhal - but its my personal experience.

Guys,

I am also thinking about removing the catalytic converter completely from my car as I NEED to clean the converter once in 3 months to maintain the performance. ANYBODY DONE this before?

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 29th June 2009 at 02:58.
Old 6th November 2009, 09:23   #201
Senior - BHPian

thats sound really interesting ,xtracting all the power outta the engines.but can anyone please tell me abt the exhausts that are available for a diesel car .there should be some exhausts that works around the smalll powerbands available for the diesels rite.
can anyone posts videos or pics of exhausts modified in an indian diesel car.
Old 6th November 2009, 16:43   #202
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
but can anyone please tell me abt the exhausts that are available for a diesel car .
Logically, a free flow exhaust should improve the performance of a diesel car. Would sound rather funny though.

BHPian "Drifter" had a setup on his Accent CRDi. Please search & look up his thread.
Old 9th December 2009, 13:27   #203
DNS
BHPian

Sorry, I am not very knowledgeable with regards to exhausts on diesels. Haven't given it much thought. But of the top of my head.

A turbo runs on exhaust generated by the engine. If one was to install a Free Flow Exhaust (which streamlines the flow of exhaust), one would have a drop in exhaust pressure at the turbo. Hence, creating further turbo lag or making the turbo less effective.

I drive a Diesel SWIFT, and the Pete's Box and Green Filter are in the pipeline. If a Free Flow Exhaust helps the engine breath (exhale) better (in turn giving better performance), it would be something I would like to look at too.

Awaiting your response,
Thanks.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:14   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS View Post
A turbo runs on exhaust generated by the engine. If one was to install a Free Flow Exhaust (which streamlines the flow of exhaust), one would have a drop in exhaust pressure at the turbo. Hence, creating further turbo lag or making the turbo less effective.
The FFE would be after the turbo and not before. hence no difference on the way it would perform albiet it would improve if there are restrictions on the exhaust after the turbo.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:42   #205

Can some one tell me if any power chips are being sold for a 09 ford icon. where I could get them and how much it would cost.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:17   #206
BHPian

Advice on modifying GP..

Hi,

I have a GP multijet oj July 2009.
Am planning to do some performance upgrades soon after my first service and need advice on it from you experts.
Pete's ofcourse i can go for; other than that what all mentioned here is suggested on a new car.
And what all effects the warranty out of it.
Pete's is easily removable before further service and wont cause trouble with warranty i guess. Rest no idea.. Please help!!
Old 19th February 2010, 03:10   #207
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 View Post

However, from what I've seen - top mount intercoolers don't really work. Heat soak really kills them. I have not worked on many TMICs but I did watch a Mazdaspeed 6 get dynoed, and it lost 30HP with every consecutive run due to heat soak. It literally went from 265 to 230 to 205 in consecutive runs with 20 second breaks. This was with some dry ice on the intercooler to help with cooling on a cool day - ~15*C.

Ram
We have done quite extensive testing with intercoolers that are top mounted and I do not agree from the test results that TMICs are not the best option but can be made work very efficient.

On the supercharged Mini Cooper S we measured on the TMIC at 5.5k during a long constant run at 16 Celsius 129 Celsius just before the ports.

After replacing the OE intercooler by and identical (outside) shaped one with an improved core, we had the temperature at hte ports reduced by over 70 Celsius.

The temperature before the intercooler dropped by about 20 Celsius!

I obviously a as a design engineer and performance tuner use dynos, but the testing you referred to does not represnet any relevance to the real situation, whether dry ice is used or not.
Old 19th February 2010, 03:13   #208
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
Hi,

I have a GP multijet oj July 2009.
Am planning to do some performance upgrades soon after my first service and need advice on it from you experts.
Pete's ofcourse i can go for; other than that what all mentioned here is suggested on a new car.
And what all effects the warranty out of it.
Pete's is easily removable before further service and wont cause trouble with warranty i guess. Rest no idea.. Please help!!
Unfortunately there is not too much you can do on the 1.3 M-jet.

Which power output does it have? Over here they do a 75 and a 90bhp version.
Old 21st February 2010, 02:24   #209
BHPian

Not moving away from the original thread... I have a Skoda 1.9 tdi. It currently has a Petes Custom Code Remap on it. After remapping I haven't seen any significant change in fuel efficiency (decrease). I've read the discussions and well..still not too sure whether a a Free Flow on the Octavia would help. I've used a Free Flow on a Petrol car, and its more psycological and less actual in terms of the performance boost...but I maybe wrong or the exhaust just wasn't good enough.

Im looking for some suggestions and pointers to improve performance.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:25   #210
BHPian

Guys,

I join T-Bhp today and out of curiosity I want to check if there can be any modification done to Bolero with Xd3pu heart to increase the BHP something like Turbocharger + intercooler+ Filters. I would be glad if I can get atleast 10-15 horses more.

If it is possible, could someone suggest me the place in Bangalore where I can get it done and the cost and risk involved.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks