Team-BHP - ARTICLE: How to modify a diesel car for more performance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On modifying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: How to modify a diesel car for more performance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/19373-article-how-modify-diesel-car-more-performance-4.html)

most manufacturers recommend normal diesel over the ones with additives. i know toyota, skoda and tata recommend this.

speed diesel and turbojet by hp are definately better than normal diesel......to test this.....use turbojet for a month and after that fill up with normal diesel....u will see a strong performance decrease.
GM recommends premium diesel for the Tavera...so im sure other manufacturers like Skoda and Mahindra reccomend the same.

performance in a diesel vehicle can also be increased by adding diesel fuel injector cleaner by STP....especially in vehicles which have covered in excess of 20000 kilometers.

Thanks for all the update on Addictive Diesel.

Just wanted to know more about Power chips and boxes. Can be fixed to Scorpio?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironager (Post 378404)
speed diesel and turbojet by hp are definately better than normal diesel......to test this.....use turbojet for a month and after that fill up with normal diesel....u will see a strong performance decrease.
GM recommends premium diesel for the Tavera...so im sure other manufacturers like Skoda and Mahindra reccomend the same.

why dont you read on tbhp. skoda does recommend normal diesel and so does toyota. innovas have been known to smoke after premium diesel is added to them.

kama - petes box isnt available for the scorpio and i dont know of any other good tuning boxes available in india.

Checked with the manufacturers....GM...FORD....TATA....MAHINDRA reccomend premimum fuel for thier cars

ok fine.. how about some pics of your tavera?

hi everyone,

i own a 2000 ford ikon 1.8 diesel car and i already have a k&n filter, free flow exhaust system installed and i got the fuel pump altered to get more performance of the car. i would really appreciate if anyone could suggest me any more mods that i could do on the car.

thanks for ur time.

Hi,

I own a TDI intercooled Indica, i was reading about the LPG.diesel dual combustion technology on some of the websites. could you tell me if this modification can be done in bangalore. If so what would be the approximate cost of this modification

Thankz

I dont know where to post this .....so am posting it here as it seems a bit connected.

Recently on giving my car for its 125000 km service I noticed a drop in perfomance on my way back home from the MyTvs service centre, but I never took it seriously as I thought it was just a feeling. The next day on my way to Cochin I noticed the car wasnt pulling like it used to.So I pulled over to check if anything is wrong.

On opening the hood I found out the problem......Before giving it for service I had told them that there is a breakage in the air intake pipe from the filter, guess how they rectified that problem ?
All they did was stick insulation tape over it and that too atleast around 20-30 turns coz when I tried pulling it out it simply wont come out. Had to get a good knife and cut off the insulation that was partially sucked in. To temporarily fix it , I got some quick fix and tried, but it wont close comeletely neverthless its better than driving with a big crack. The point is this is a job done by a reputed firm in my place . Thank god I was able to sense it and take out the insulation or else I dont know what would have happened.

Now am on a mission to find the oe replacement to it or make a custom pipe and fix a conical.

hey guys,
i have a esteem basically 1000 with sumthing called toyota turbo just drove it once it was good works like a charm old car basically just brought in from my village,i m a regular bike rider,but just started driving it ,,so can anyone tell me anything about its engine i dont know its displacement nor bhp but i know it has a turbo and it acclerates rather quickly,
thx in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 368588)
What exactlty is LPG Fumigation and how and where is it done. How much will it cost. Last when i inquired i heard LPG kits are not available for diesels stupid:

Hi BUSA,

LPG fumigation is adding LPG into the cylinder head in addition to Diesel to help diesel combust better.. This is similar to Nitrous kits for Petrol the difference being that this can be used for longer durations..:Cheering:

I got some detailed document from the net but am not sure how to send it to you..

will try PM..

Am looking out in Chennai so that I could try out on my JEEP!!:deadhorse

Cheers

@westracer:
What U have is the Toyota 1N-Turbo engine. Its 1.5L,8 valve,67bhp engine used in the Toyota Starlet and a couple of other cars in the late 80s/early ninetys.
Its a good engine with good FE. Let us know how many kms u're getting for a litre of diesel.

hey nitrous ,
thx for the help wen i drove it i got 20 genuine kmpl on hyderabad with sc switched off

Quote:

Originally Posted by westracer_hyd (Post 415563)
hey nitrous ,
thx for the help wen i drove it i got 20 genuine kmpl on hyderabad with sc switched off

Thats pretty good FE extraction for an old engine:)