Team-BHP - ARTICLE: How to modify a diesel car for more performance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On modifying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: How to modify a diesel car for more performance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/19373-article-how-modify-diesel-car-more-performance-6.html)

Team, I own a safari dicor, and have just completed the first 5000 kms. I wanted to have the performance filter installed and approached the distributor for K&N. I was given the brush off........ I then did some looking up and got to know that green cotton had a kit available for the safari. it comes along with something called the dynamization kit.
Q1. What is a dynamization kit?
Q2. Has anyone on this forum installed a kit such as this before on a safari and if yes how has the machine responded?
Q3. I would like to get more details on the petes kit for the safari if available. Where and how can I find out more about this?
Q4. I would also like to install a free flow exhaust. Any advise as to which make would be the best (hopefully someone has tried and tested one)?

Would like to get max of the work done when Iam in bangalore the next weekend. Any suggestions on this will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Santa

Super-Admin: Kindly request you to delete my earlier post.

dont know about the air filter.

there isnt any petes nox available for it but one of our members steeroid has got hold of a tuning box. pm him for more details.

i free flow on a diesel would probably be very loud but you could try viper performance or automech.

@ Santa contact Peter aka Turboindia for the Green Filter, he will give you more details.

I own a 1997 model Tata Sumo , recently it had developed engine oil spillage & requires frequent top ups , according to the workshop guys the piston rings has to be replaced or else would require a complete engine overhaul,which according to them will cost me anywhere around 8k-20K Rs. Iam thinking of modifying this engine by boring & increasing the displacement to 2.2 litres or 2.5 litres , what will be cost required to do this modification & what will be the after effect (advantages & disadvantages) of this on mileage,power,refinement etc.... . Please advice me on this .

prram is there over size piston set that can take the capacity to 2.2/ 2.5L???

nikhilv12...try if you can to put sumo injectors on your indica... I do not know if they fit but they may have the same set as most manufacturers have these type of OEM part from same supplier so the fitting [plumbing ] may be same.

Hi

Has anyone heard about this product called XADO ? & its contemplating diesel engine oil ?
Xado India | XADO | Engine Treatment | Engine Oil Additives | Reconditioning Technology

PRRAM: As far as High Oil consumption for the sumo, you can see if this link helps
Xado India | XADO | Engine Treatment | Engine Oil Additives | Reconditioning Technology

A bhpian in the forum had his old honda city engine flushed and it created low compression problems and usage of this gel cured it to an extent. That thread is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-solved-4.html

Hi,
I have an Innova Diesel and have been waiting for the Pete's box to be released for Innova but my wait has been extended quite a bit, I guess I will have to look for some other option to increase performance of my Innova. What is the other best option for Innova? Has anyone done FFE for Innova Diesel?

I have a new Safari Dicor LX, do you think i should have a K&N air filter.. will it improve the performance. is there any impact on the warranty..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armyman (Post 542637)
Hi,
I have an Innova Diesel and have been waiting for the Pete's box to be released for Innova but my wait has been extended quite a bit, I guess I will have to look for some other option to increase performance of my Innova. What is the other best option for Innova? Has anyone done FFE for Innova Diesel?

keep waiting.. even ive been waiting. the box will be out very soon. peter has told me this. it will raise the power to 126bhp. till then you can get a k&n filter or a green cotton filter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramkumar (Post 542815)
I have a new Safari Dicor LX, do you think i should have a K&N air filter.. will it improve the performance. is there any impact on the warranty..?

Well its becomes too noisy, Steeroid tried it on his Safari.

stupid: is thr anything like diesel engine headers???

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicksperliter (Post 543725)
stupid: is thr anything like diesel engine headers???

most of them i have turbos so it would be tough to change. this is what i think.

headers on diesel hmmmm....... quit possible will take a lot of work but it should be doable... gain would be quit some thing but....noise control would be a headache....literally.

FYI Diesel engines dont have headers which can be changed :)