Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 06:44   #256
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: CNG vs LPG Comparision

Visited LOVATO dealer in Thane today.
He quoted Rs.37k for closed loop cng kit for my EECO.
Upon enquiring for SEQ kit, he told its not necessary for EECO.
He told me LOVATO kit is costlier than BRC as BRC uses many parts by ROHAN which is localised brand whereas LOVATO uses all imported LOVATO stuff only.

Also visited BRC Dealer Ashish in Mulund today.
He quoted Rs.31.5k for closed loop cng kit for my EECO.
Upon enquiring for SEQ kit, he told its not necessary for EECO.
Also he told me that ADVANCED CLOSED LOOP kit which was in my OHC is not necessary in EECO and that only Ordinary CLOSED LOOP will do.

Friends pls guide me.
Regards.

Last edited by drabhayshah76 : 16th June 2011 at 06:46.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:25   #257
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Have a few questions about CNG
- How much do you need to drive with petrol on a CNG fitted vehicle. Is a couple of kms everyday enough?
- What about PUC? Do you need separate PUC for both CNG & Petrol
- Other than regular servicing(what one does for a petrol car) does anything specific need to be done regularly for CNG fitted cars?
Old 6th August 2011, 16:31   #258
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I want information on ignition timing required for cars running on LPG. I have learnt that it requires quite high timing advance upto 2500 rpm for good performance after which it should be reduced to the regular ignition timing that is specified for petrol. Has anyone done any practical project on this? Our cars (previously a Fiat 1100 and now a Premier 118 NE) have been running on LPG since 1993 and have been done many long trips.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:04   #259

hi guys, need your opinion, i currently own a Chevy beat LS from 2010. The warranty has expired and i am currently thinking going in for a CNG option for the car . I stay in Mumbai so availability is not a problem.
- i will get it installed outside.I have come across a an authorized retro fitter called Dashmesh autogas in wadala that specializes in the same. What do you think about the same ?
-What is the approximate cost of the same ?
- In case of power lag, who will remap the ECU ?
Old 11th September 2011, 14:48   #260
BHPian

I have a VW Polo petrol , gives me about 8kmpl with ac on 95% of the time. My running is about 50-70 km per day in city. I am thinking of CNG option for it. I have a few questions -
1. Is it ok to install a CNG kit in a VW Polo Petrol.
2. If yes, then which Brand or CNG kit manufacturer should I go for?
3. What will happen of warrenty( car is about 10 month old)
Old 10th October 2011, 19:16   #261
Senior - BHPian

New CNG Kit for 75K run 2007 SX4 petrol in Mumbai

Hi to all

Need help in procuring the best and latest aftermarket CNG kit that can be fitted in my friend's SX4 in Mumbai. His car is 4 plus years old 1.6 petrol non VVT and clocked down 75,000 kms. Monthly running is 1500-2000 kms. The kit should be RTO approved and will also be endorsed on the RC copy and insurance. Budget between 45-55K. Can be stretched but no compromise in quality required whatsoever.

Also, the kit which comes fitted from the factory in the SX4 VXi green, any idea if the same is available at Maruti workshops? Which brand is it and what would be the cost of fitting it?

Inputs appreciated. Need help on urgent basis.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:32   #262
BHPian

Re: New CNG Kit for 75K run 2007 SX4 petrol in Mumbai

New Sx4, desire, are dealer fitted BRC sequential CNG kit from Greenglobe in Mulund west. their workshops have a large quantity of new, temp number plate, sx4, desire and eeco.

last month i checked for my car, the CNG BRC sequential kit is offered for 52k.

UM
UniqueMods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 11:53   #263
Senior - BHPian

I have used LPG cars for 2 years, it was a Spark LPG with sequential injection system. My brother-in-law has a Wagon R DUO which has a normal closed loop system the only notable difference between both cars was in top speed, Spark could reach upto 145 kmph in LPG also, so performance wise it was similar to Petrol. But you could feel the lag with AC same as in Wagon R. But my car delivered a mileage of average 14 kmpl with AC on highways, Wagon R delivered upto 16 kmpl on highways. From my experience I can say you get good power delivery with sequential kits but will compromise on mileage. In city driving conditions we both got similar mileage around 12 or 13 kmpl with and without AC, but speed never matters in bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore

Last edited by deehunk : 12th October 2011 at 11:55. Reason: small change
Old 13th October 2011, 07:44   #264
BHPian

I'm considering getting a LPG/CNG kit installed in my 2009 i10 Kappa - my requirements - in chronological order of importance:
  1. Minimal drop in performance
  2. Reliable - with minimal tune-ups required
  3. Quick fueling up (In Delhi - from what I gather CNG lines are longer, and fills still take 15-20 Minutes)

Funnily enough economy is not on my list at all - I'm looking at a 20-25% saving on the fuel simply so that I can drive without giving to much thought about the distance - surely any CNG/LPG installation should give me atleast that (if not more)

Basically - my EMI has just finished and I have ~ 30-40K to spend on modding the car - so rather than an ICE upgrade/CAI etc.. I'm seriously thinking of getting a CNG/LPG kit etc..

Frankly from my very preliminary research - I feel that LPG would serve me better - any suggestions?
Old 20th April 2012, 15:24   #265

I own a Fiat Punto E+ (Petrol), and am getting very pathetic mileage (10 kmpl on highway) on this otherwise splendid machine. I am considering putting up a LPG/CNG kit, compromising the boot space. In the course of my research, I came across some links which mentioned that Fiat was about to come out with a CNG kit of their own.

Anyone on this forum aware whether they did?
Old 21st April 2012, 16:18   #266
BHPian

I am having a Honda type 1 City AT [petrol] car. The milometer reads over 100,000 kms.
I have heard that many Honda car owners have converted to Gas.
Is it feasible in terms of engine performance and also regarding Fuel Efficiency.
What is the success rate as far as Honda City AT cars are concerned for gas conversion

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2012 at 17:21. Reason: Typo
Old 28th May 2012, 20:00   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
Recently i went to MUL showroom to see SX4 CNG, when i opened the boot, it was having a huge CNG clyinder and there was hardly any boot space left, only 1 or 2 laptop bags could fit in.

Does anybody know, whether CNG clyinders come in toroidal shape ( Fitting in the spare tire space)?? LPG Clyinders do come in toroidal shape, but Honda showroom salesman told me that within a few months toroidal CNG clyinders are going to be lauched. Does anyone have any news/knowledge on this front

Also MUL salesman told me that Maurti has discontinued its LPG line off cars because it adversly affects the engine (As per him the engine life is reduced by as much as 50%) IS THIS TRUE??
Hello Sunnyside
Were you able to resolve the issue about the toroidal shaped CNG cylinder?
Want to get a CRV converted and would be very happy to slip the cylinder into its spare wheel well in the boot.
Thanks
Amitabh
Old 4th June 2012, 14:38   #268
Senior - BHPian

[quote=adisag;2542423]I'm considering getting a LPG/CNG kit installed in my 2009 i10 Kappa - my requirements - in chronological order of importance:
  1. Minimal drop in performance
  2. Reliable - with minimal tune-ups required
  3. Quick fueling up (In Delhi - from what I gather CNG lines are longer, and fills still take 15-20 Minutes)
Hi did you go for a LPG conversion, my brother in law got his i20 petrol converted to LPG with the BRC kit costing 47k, the vehicle performance is very good and no difference bewteen Petrol and LPG mode. The installation was done by Pandian, he is getting an average of 12kmpl in city and overall 14kmpl.
Another relative of mine also converted his i20 petrol to LPG with the 37k BRC kit, although there is no difference in performance between Petrol and LPG mode, he is getting a mileage of 14kmpl in city.
Old 19th July 2012, 13:58   #269

heya. I'm planning to do an LPG conversion on my chevy spark and the new honda city. if someone here can help me with the contact of a good LPG installer and a good tuner too. north or south bombay, anythings fine. thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 15:02   #270
Senior - BHPian

trashishh, Very happy to hear one more LPG supporter. The BRC sequential kit which is used in Spark LPG model is available in the market suggest you to use the same kit for your Spark. In Bangalore the kit cost is 47k(GM-OEM) and 37k(Cheaper variant) don't know the price in Mumbai. Of course the kit will remain same for Spark and Honda city.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed