C/o Saya Automobiles Ltd
Siraspur (Opp. Gurdwara Hargobindsar), G.T. Karnal Road,
Delhi-42

Ph: 27116948, 27114730,
27732364, 27731325, 27411144, 27231957

Info from iglonline.com
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:48   #77
BHPian

I'm purchasing Wagon R LXi very soon. If saya automobile (or any other), can install a CNG kit, and protect my warranty (2 yrs+1 yr extended)??
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio, get the WagonR Duo (LPG version) if u're particular about Warranty.
I highly doubt if Maruti would give u warranty with an Aftermarket CNG conversion.
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:52   #79
BHPian

Maruti will no longer remain in the picture, when you opt for a LPG or CNG kit, Your dealer will give you warranty provided you get the installation from him at an obviously higher costs than than the open market.

I have seen More of Brand new Wagon R, Swift and Alto's with Rohan Motors stickers at the CNG pump.

I suggest you have a word with Rohan motors.

All warranty will be given by the Dealer and Only the dealer...So you need to clarify this and evaluate your options carefully..! In any case if you do look for a Car with Company Honoured warranty then your options are only Tata XETA,Ford Ikon CNG, HM Mitsubishi Lancer CNG,GM Chev Optra CNG..Maruti Wagon R LPG.
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:56   #80
BHPian

Saya or any others will likely cover warranty on the condition that you will have to go to only Saya or from where you got the conversion done. It should be a big dealership and they should have much experience in doing this conversion. The whole process should be professional and the final fitment should look neat and clean. I have seen village kids doing this stuff for a small dealer. That's dangerous. Get it done from a professional dealer who has been doing this for quite some time. He will cover the warranty and should also provide you on road 24 hrs service. At least there should be proper support. Saya is a better option as it looks professional or better than normal ones, likely.
Check it here - Saya Automobiles Limited
Anybody in Delhi has seen Saya?

For Maruti LPG - a good option with warranty, only check if there is enough supply of LPG (which isn't in most cities so this option hence is not worthy in that case) and that the LPG pipes are able to fill LPG as in most cases, they do not fill LPG due to problems in feeding pipes so you will have to return buying Petrol. Also check that the mileage on LPG is 11 kmpl or so. So cost savings are like 20-25% only. However performance is as good as Petrol and the engine is also quiet.

Santro CNG coming soon is also worthy of looking at.
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech
check if there is enough supply of LPG (which isn't in most cities
Dude, The southern states do not recieve CNG supply.
CNG is available only in certain belts of the country.
Old 23rd April 2007, 22:29   #82
BHPian

Ya the Pipe line is in progress by GAIL plans to set up in phases- Presently in Delhi,Agra,Lucknow,Ahemdabad,Baroda,Bombay and some more cities.
Old 24th April 2007, 14:31   #83
BHPian

Wagon R Duo doesn't look like value for money package. As it is almost 35000 costlier (considering 15000 discount on petrol mdel which is 25000 cheaper than Duo model, and discount on Duo is just 5000), and LPG doesn't save that much as compared to CNG.

For that 25% saving on fuel, i have to take care of its higher (than petrol model) maintenance and low resale value.

CNG is far better with 70% saving on fuel bills .
Old 26th April 2007, 09:35   #84
BHPian

This is not exactly related to the topic but could somebody tell me what does it mean when the LEDs on the CNG start blinking??? Since there are generally 3 LEDs does it mean when 1 starts blinking or goes off 33% gas is used? When it comes on red how much gas is left? I know it would depend on the capacity of the cylinder but still lets have an estimate..

Does the red light also blink or it just goes off??

What is the best way to calculate a car's mileage on CNG?
Old 26th April 2007, 10:53   #85
BANNED

Guys,

I have 2000 end Zen car is in good condition and has done 59k on odometer, now I have changed my job my daily commute is 70 in Mumbai, in traffic, petrol is getting very expensive for me, shd I convert my car on CNG?? I runs my car mostly on A/C

Plz advice

Thanx in advance
Jitendra
Old 26th April 2007, 20:48   #86
BHPian

Jits, before the conversion,You will have to get your engine checked, As Conversion to CNG or LPG can be recommended on the engine condition and wear.

Since both are High Ignition fuel, You will need to see if the Head, Pistons and all can take the Brunt.

In all case, I think if the approval comes through, You will need - New Spark Plugs + Ignition Coil ( As old one may not be able to perform well with CNG or LPG).

Govt Approval will also be madatory for a car that Old to be converted and endorsed on RC.

AC or No AC- The savings will be around 70 % of what you spend on petrol.
Old 29th April 2007, 02:00   #87
Team-BHP Support

CNG in WagonR with warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Maruti will no longer remain in the picture, when you opt for a LPG or CNG kit, Your dealer will give you warranty provided you get the installation from him at an obviously higher costs than than the open market.

I have seen More of Brand new Wagon R, Swift and Alto's with Rohan Motors stickers at the CNG pump.

I suggest you have a word with Rohan motors.

All warranty will be given by the Dealer and Only the dealer...So you need to clarify this and evaluate your options carefully..! In any case if you do look for a Car with Company Honoured warranty then your options are only Tata XETA,Ford Ikon CNG, HM Mitsubishi Lancer CNG,GM Chev Optra CNG..Maruti Wagon R LPG.
After reading the post, I called up Apra motors in Delhi and asked them about buying a new WagonR and getting CNG fitted in it.

They said it was possible and the warranty would stand provided I get all my servicings done from them. They are charging 43K for the kit including endorsement on the RC. They were clear that it will be a dealer warranty which they claim is no dofferent from the Maruti warranty in any way except for the limited "choice" of service workshops.

-- Is there any other difference in the warranty ?
-- How do I ensure that I am not cheated regd the validity of the insurance ?
-- Any difference in the first year warranty and the subsequent 2 yr extended warranty ?

And regarding the kit itself, the salesman told me that the Kit would carry a 2 year warranty. He told me the make which I cant recall ( think it started with A ). He said that it would include the lambda sensor.

-- How will I know that Lambda is actually installed ? Any way of physical verification ?

-- When is the right time to get a kit installed in terms of kilometers driven?

Also, do any other dealers offer this same CNG option ? Preferably in West Delhi area.

Last edited by Eddy : 29th April 2007 at 02:01. Reason: Typo
Old 29th April 2007, 03:33   #88
BHPian

ok it is clear now that ikon 1.6 works with cng, but ford themself says it is not suitable to be converted to lpg. The 'carwale' ask the expert section says many times to avoid conversion of ford vehiles to lpg.

Cng may be ok as ford itself is going to launch a cng version of flair. please confirm the news.
Old 29th April 2007, 11:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Cng may be ok as ford itself is going to launch a cng version of flair. please confirm the news.
Ikon CNG is already available since Nov 2006. It is for 5.78 laks On road Delhi.

I'm using CNG in my Ikon since last 1 week so still in experimentation phase. Getting a mileage of 15.5 kmpl with 80% AC. Though I'm not sure about the method of calculating milegae on CNG.
Old 30th April 2007, 00:09   #90
BHPian

So the problem is only with lpg, that i am sure about. Any ford dealer will give clarifications on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks