Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car

Old 18th December 2018, 11:22   #691
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I hope you want to increase the ride quality. My cousin is having the zxi+ version Ciaz with the stock 195/55/16 section tires, and has been using it for last 4 years for almost 60,000 kms and he has no complaints till now. The Ciaz is having a soft suspension set up, hence having a better ride and increasing the side wall height may result in increasing the body roll even further. So my suggestion would be to stick with OEM size which is a proper tire size and also increasing the tire width won't create much impact as the Ciaz is not a corner carver with that soft suspension.
Actually the first aim is to save the rims from cracks and tyres from any side wall bulges in case I miss a speed breaker on the highway or go over a pothole at speeds, also the other aim is to make the car more Ladakh'able and Thailand'able if that is the term I can use.

I currently drive a 185/70/R14 XM2 shod Swift Diesel, the suspension of the Swift is much harder than that of the Ciaz I agree, but the 70 profile has given me the confidence over the years of not tearing up the tyres or rims if I missed something during my highway runs.

You are right about the width, its not a corner craver anyway.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2018, 12:33   #692
BHPian

Hi ,

I want to change tyres of my 2015 Toyota Altis. the original ones are Bridgestone Turanza T 001 ( 195/65 ) , today i have option of Bridgstone Ecopoia , Yokohama earth 1 and MRF perfinza. I want your advise friends , which ones are better in quality and durable.
amolathalye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2018, 18:13   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
I want to change tyres of my 2015 Toyota Altis.
Have a look at dedicated Corolla thread (Toyota Corolla : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread).

Quote:
today i have option of Bridgstone Ecopoia , Yokohama earth 1 and MRF perfinza.
Among these three, would prefer MRF Perfinza as have been reading good reviews about these. Also have a look at Continental MC5.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote