Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car

Old 22nd April 2019, 19:12   #706
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Thanks again sir! Checking all out this week. Keep ya posted. I also wanna try the Turanzas.
Can suggest an alternative underrated tyre - Falken Sincera. Tyre wears out faster but ride quality is a notch better than the Yoko Earth 1's, Bridgestone besides having equally tough sidewall. It will be cheaper as well.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2019, 19:14   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Can suggest an alternative underrated tyre - Falken Sincera. Tyre wears out faster but ride quality is a notch better than the Yoko Earth 1's, Bridgestone besides having equally tough sidewall. It will be cheaper as well.
Alright. Thank you for this. Shall check it out for sure.
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 18:42   #708
BHPian

Went to good ol Saifee, was pleased to meet the good ol staff & Jitubhai. Today's patient was the Honda City. And it got the XM2 treatment. I also got to compare the CC5, ER300 and the BlueEarths side by side. I loved the asymmetrical pattern of the Turanza ER300s. While the tyres were being changed got 2 customers running the CC5's and the Earth 1. The CC5s were on a Innova Crysta and the owner wasn't happy. The friendly mechanics suggested I go for the CC5. I am biased towards the Turanzas because of the fab experience I had with the ER60.

The CC5, ER300 & BlueEarth are coming at 4700/piece whereas its 5500 for the XM2s. Jitubhai might give me a good deal on the Michelins since I have already got a pair. The heart says Bridgestone. Lets see how this goes.
coolmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 19:35   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Went to good ol Saifee, was pleased to meet the good ol staff & Jitubhai. Today's patient was the Honda City. And it got the XM2 treatment. I also got to compare the CC5, ER300 and the BlueEarths side by side. I loved the asymmetrical pattern of the Turanza ER300s. While the tyres were being changed got 2 customers running the CC5's and the Earth 1. The CC5s were on a Innova Crysta and the owner wasn't happy. The friendly mechanics suggested I go for the CC5. I am biased towards the Turanzas because of the fab experience I had with the ER60.

The CC5, ER300 & BlueEarth are coming at 4700/piece whereas its 5500 for the XM2s. Jitubhai might give me a good deal on the Michelins since I have already got a pair. The heart says Bridgestone. Lets see how this goes.
Continental MC5 is good for cars , Innovas should probably stick to whatever Bridgestones that Toyota provides, they are supposed to carry a lot more weight and last long while doing that.

Michelins suits city as it helps with keeping the noise down and it remains noise free till the end. This is from experience with 09 city, I'm sure it helps current city as well.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2019, 15:06   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Continental MC5 is good for cars , Innovas should probably stick to whatever Bridgestones that Toyota provides, they are supposed to carry a lot more weight and last long while doing that.

Michelins suits city as it helps with keeping the noise down and it remains noise free till the end. This is from experience with 09 city, I'm sure it helps current city as well.
Agree. So finally went ahead and got the Turanza ER300 for the Liva and XM2 for my brothers Honda City. Was a tough call with the CC5 but chose the Bridgestones because of the previous great experience I had with them. Im a little biased towards medium-hard compound because our roads are never going to improve. We need tough tyres.
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 08:02   #711
BHPian

I am going to get my car's tyres changed today, can anyone suggest a good tyre shop in Delhi (mostly north and central)?
Rshrey22 is offline   Reply With Quote