Team-BHP - ARTICLE: How to Modify / Tune your car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On modifying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: How to Modify / Tune your car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifying-car/25959-article-how-modify-tune-your-car-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrsraghav (Post 3063659)
Agree for the stock suspension quality.
However have adoubt, how does it effect the alignment of the car.

Adds a bit more negative camber, which adds grip. Besides that your normal. Toe In-Out can still be as per your liking.

Hey guys I just completed 2 years with my Beat Petrol and I think its a great car but now Ive got the itch to make it a liiittllee better and take the performance up a notch.
Since this is the first time ANY of my family's cars is going to be modified, I would appreciate as much advice as possible. I know there are threads covering some of these things but so far with all my reading I havent been able to draw a satisfactory conclusion, hence this thread.
So anyways

I do not want to go in for a CAI or conical filter mod since the Beat already has a CAI and a I think its a waste spending Rs 4000 for a performance panel filter for the minimum benefits it will provide

I have already visited Automech and spoken to Vivek about getting the job done. They seem very professional and seem to know their work. Still, with Automech, reviews seem to be divided.
So, Automech Yea or Nay ?
Any other person recommended for an FFE ?

My main question is about the downstream O2 sensor on the Beat after the catcon. The check engine light is going to come on for sure. How do I avoid this and will there be any effects due to the CEL and the air/fuel mixture and how can this be avoided.
This is one of my main concerns and mainly I would like advice on this aspect

Long term damage to engine : I had read one of GTO's posts that he avoided going for a FFE from Automech for his VTEC because he was shown another by the A.S.S. that had gotten engine damage
Any chances of severe long term damage due to FFE fitment, Automech or otherwise ?

Im also thinking of getting a plug and play tuning box/chip similar to the Racechip, any recommendations for something compatible with a NA Petrol Beat, under Rs 10K ?

I guess thats it for now. Ill add any further questions as I think of them. I always forget half the stuff I wanted to put down while typing out a long post stupid:

EDIT : I forgot to mention I dont want something too loud and obnoxious. I mainly want it for improved driveability and targeting the low-mid range where the Beat needs it the most

Why don't you get in touch with Tiretronics guys? They do provide customised ECU remap for Beat which will enhance better performance than going for FFE alone. There are good reviews on the forum on their work. They do visit Mumbai/Pune to offer therie services. I think it cost somewhere 25k for unlimited remaps for lifetime.

25 K for a remap alone is not something I would want to spend, although I do understand the benefits of a remap

Check this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ift-1-2-a.html

Haven't read that post of GTO about FFE from Automech. There are lot of people how are happy with Automech and they should be able to help you out.

Also, didn't GM come out with a new remap for Beat last year?

It was the year before last and Ive already upgraded to the Y4 version.
Mainly looking for a solution to the downstream O2 sensor problem and also possible error codes, what they cause and the solution to them

Possibly for some people, the biggest thing to modify is the roads they drive on and the way they use their brain.

If you have local, empty roads then use them to enjoy your machine. If not, find some, or find a racetrack.

The rewards will be far greater than squeaking another 10 hp or kw out of your engine, only to try and use it inappropriately.

Guys how to tune up a carburetor for a balanced performance & FE, also what are the possibilities in turbo charging a carbureted engine. My ride is a Maruti Gypsy 410W, 970cc F10A Carb engine 1995 model. please:

Hey guys!
This is my first long write up so please bear with me if i have committed any mistakes and mods, please make necessary changes if needed.
First of all i own a 2007 Type1 SwiftP with a G13BB mill. Now i'm in my 4th year of engineering education and pursuing mechanical engineering. Our final year project is just around the corner and i had this idea of working on my car. The topic in my head right now is "Deriving maximum perfomance from naturally aspirated engine".
I do know that the Maximum power can be derived from a block by going turbo. But given our budget constraint of ~25k, it is not feasible. There is this wild idea now of designing a free flow exhaust or maybe analyse the already fabricated ones by our brilliant Indian tuners. I was glued to the free flow exhaust thread since over two months, not just on TBHP but also on any other websites which provided me with even a tiny amount of information. When i was going through the forum i was unable to find a solid graph showing the amount of performance derived by just mounting a CAI and a FFE. This wild idea is all about providing a ballpark figure of the actual gains.
To explain it all in brief :
1. Acquire or fabricate a FFE.
2. Install CAI.
3. If possible a custom remap or opt for a piggyback ECU. (I have no clue about how this will come under the budget but hopefully i find a way)
4. To test the whole setup. (i was thinking of dyno but the vitamin M constraint strikes again. Any alternatives?)
5. Has to be N/A.
Any kind of help or suggestions are welcomed. I now know how frustrating it is for petrolheads while modifying their cars because of so many alternatives to choose from. My brain is frozen right now.
Lemme know if my approach is correct or should i rethink this whole thing.

Thank you in advance guys!
Cheers!

Since you're in Bangalore, how about trying to tie up with someone like Red Rooster Performance (http://www.redroosterperformance.com/contact.php), like a project internship?

The benefit is that you'll get access to their equipment (e.g. they have a dyno for wheel horsepower measurement) and advice to ensure you don't make a mistake.

RRP benefits by getting your car to work on, rather than using anyone else's car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3252057)
Since you're in Bangalore, how about trying to tie up with someone like Red Rooster Performance (http://www.redroosterperformance.com/contact.php), like a project internship?

Hey arun! I stay in Mangalore, not Bangalore!
And yes, you do have a valid point. I would be the happiest 21 year old in the world if i get to work with them :D
But i did not know that RRP offered any project internship to students. Does anybody have any idea on this?

Would request advice from T-BHPians on where to buy a good GT Spoiler/Twin Blade spoilers in Chennai. My friend needs it for his City VTEC type 2 model!

Thanks in advance :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottom Torque (Post 3316949)
Would request advice from T-BHPians on where to buy a good GT Spoiler/Twin Blade spoilers in Chennai. My friend needs it for his City VTEC type 2 model!

Thanks in advance :)

For show or go? For show go ahead, but for go I wouldn't recommend it on a fwd car.

I am on the look out for a K & N replacement air filter for my 2011 New Swift 1.2 K series. I tried searching online, but there was no site stocking it. Also inquired at a few shops in lajpat nagar, which are supposedly K & N distributors, but they also dont have any stock. I have asked them to get back to me but it has been more than a week,havent heard from them. Does anyone know where to get this from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! (Post 3374236)
I am on the look out for a K & N replacement air filter for my 2011 New Swift 1.2 K series. I tried searching online, but there was no site stocking it. Also inquired at a few shops in lajpat nagar, which are supposedly K & N distributors, but they also dont have any stock. I have asked them to get back to me but it has been more than a week,havent heard from them. Does anyone know where to get this from?

http://www.carware.in/Products/Car-Accessories-Performance-Air-Filters--Intakes-Stock-Replacement-Filters-(SRF)/KN/KN-stock-replacement-filters---Select-Car-model/pid-1449017.aspx

:thumbs up