Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 09:15   #271
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to Modify / Tune your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grosserimperial View Post
Hello BHPians.

Hello BHPians,

I currently work as a Project Coordinator in a construction company in Pune. Due to personal reasons, will be shifting to my hometown in 2-3 months and continuing my family business.
======
We are open to buying a separate commercial vehicle however was also toying with the idea of keeping the Eon and using it for business purposes.
1. "can EON be repurposed for using it as a freight vehicle with appropriate modifications"

Any car can be modified to do any purpose .
However Converting a private passenger vehicle to commercial vehicle is illegal by Law.
You will need to check with your local MVD ( Motor Vehicle Department) for that.

2. " AC and power steering which cheap pick-up trucks don't have"

Cheap Pick-Up trucks are designed to pick-up and deliver goods in the cheapest and most efficient way. Anything that reduces the Savings/Km is avoided in such cases.
There are expensive alternatives with all creature comforts but I strongly suggest you get a Used MS OMNI or EECO or VERSA. You don't have to modify that , something like plug and play.

3. EON LPG

Quick question:
a) How many kilometers have you driven the EON?
b) What is the average service cost? and at what intervals?
c) Is there jerk problems in 1st and 2nd gear?
d) with 300-440 kilos + driver , I think the Hyundai engine is anemic and on LPG with full load it will be an anemic with ASTHMA.

Dear friend,

My answer is OMNI & EECO.
Old 4th February 2024, 13:02   #272

Re: ARTICLE: How to Modify / Tune your car

BHPians, I have a remapped Honda City iVTEC petrol 2017 model with no other mods or enhancements. I am now considering replacing stock air filter with a performance air filter for some performance gains.

I have seen mixed reviews of the K&N and understand it simply allows more air due to reduced filteration. I live in Gurgaon and wondering if this is a risky move given the car will operate in a dusty environment.

Feedback / inputs / suggestions needed
Old 17th April 2024, 16:58   #273

To mod or not to mod: my 2018 City Petrol

Hey everyone,

I'm merely a car enthusiast and nowhere close to many knowledgeable folks here, also why I'm writing here to get some solid advice.

I have 2018 City Petrol, V model - in Bangalore. It hasn't done a lot of Kms (covid ate a couple of years and I wasn't well for another), so it's barely run around 35K so far. Now that life is a little more settled, I'm thinking of taking the next step.

Firstly, I haven't had much or any complaints or niggles so far, even the mileage is a decent 11-12 Kmpl in bumper-to-bumper traffic with AC on all the time. The car has been serviced from time to time and barring a couple of scratches it also looks and runs as good as many other newer cars.

My initial idea was to wait and then eventually sell my city and upgrade to one of my dream cars - Octavia (maybe RS!) when it launches hopefully by end of this year or by mid-next year. But then a few more thoughts entered my mind and that's when I decided to ask for advice from the folks here.

So, here are my questions:

Note: Starting this year, I plan to drive a lot more. While most of the driving will remain in the city on most months but more road trips and longer road trips are on the cards. So, the objective is to make long drives more fun to drive and more comfortable.

1. Does waiting another year or so for Octavia to launch make sense? (My budget will likely be between 30-40L, no more - and I'm not an SUV person)
2. Should I instead modify my City instead? Here, I'm essentially talking about a stage-1 ECU remap - also, how much would this help in making the drive more fun?
3. Along with the remap, will adding a small rear spoiler help?
4. Do any of the above changes call for an improvement in brakes?
5. Given the above, is a tyre upgrade also advisable - currently they are stock.
6. Any different or additional suggestions for the same?

Thank you so much,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks