Team-BHP > Motor-Sports

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 21:13   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

2012 F1 Indian GP launches single day tickets

Jaypee Sports has announced the sale of single day tickets for all categories of the 2012 Formula 1 Airtel Indian Grand Prix which will take place at the Buddh International Circuit on October 26 - October 28.

Sunday tickets for October 28th are available on www.bookmyshow.com.

2012 F1 Indian GP launches single day tickets-f1.jpg
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 22:43   #2
BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 Indian GP launches single day tickets

A good move me thinks. They have learnt their lessons well from the poor initial sales of last season where they had to bring out race day tickets anyway!
Old 5th October 2012, 17:26   #3
BHPian

This will be the last time to watch Schumacher race in F1 as he has now officially announced his retirement from F1 at the end of this session.

Schumacher announces F1 retirement
Old 8th October 2012, 18:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to book tickets for the GP and I see this note in the fine print

"* 5 Yrs & above to be allowed to enter the circuit"

My kid is 3 Year old, does it mean I cant take her to watch the race!?
Old 8th October 2012, 18:34   #5
BHPian

A very good idea. Will prevent wastage (read burning money). Last year we bought the season pass and ended up going only on Race Day. What has to be seen is if they have made any concessions on the Parking permits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
A good move me thinks. They have learnt their lessons well from the poor initial sales of last season where they had to bring out race day tickets anyway!
I wouldn't term last years sale poor. At least not in the stand I was in. My stand was at 100% occupancy. But good move nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am trying to book tickets for the GP and I see this note in the fine print

"* 5 Yrs & above to be allowed to enter the circuit"

Good you mention this. Now that I try to recall, I don't remember seeing toddlers at the stands on Race Day last year. If you take your kid, make sure you carry ear plugs for him/her. Absolutely needed for kids. It is only we petrol heads who like to savor the sound of those engines.
Old 8th October 2012, 22:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

No, you will be stopped at the outer security perimeter itself. Last year I saw a few of the scenes of people arguing on day 1, none on day 2 & 3. As it is, it will be very harsh for the delicate ear drums of the infants and toddlers to bear the high pitch scream of the F1 engines and repeatedly at that, besides it is a tough full day excursion given the not so child friendly facilities, rest areas etc. It is unfortunately a harsh environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

Last edited by khoj : 8th October 2012 at 22:52.
Old 9th October 2012, 11:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Good you mention this. Now that I try to recall, I don't remember seeing toddlers at the stands on Race Day last year. If you take your kid, make sure you carry ear plugs for him/her. Absolutely needed for kids. It is only we petrol heads who like to savor the sound of those engines.
True!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
No, you will be stopped at the outer security perimeter itself. Last year I saw a few of the scenes of people arguing on day 1, none on day 2 & 3. As it is, it will be very harsh for the delicate ear drums of the infants and toddlers to bear the high pitch scream of the F1 engines and repeatedly at that, besides it is a tough full day excursion given the not so child friendly facilities, rest areas etc. It is unfortunately a harsh environment.
I agree, it will be a harsh environment for a 3 year old to be in unless they love the whole thing about motorsports.

Change of plans now :(
Old 11th October 2012, 14:54   #8
BHPian

And if I may ask, how do we get autographs of drivers ? Is there a exclusive session where any fans can meet the drivers for autographs or is it that u need to buy any particular tickets only ??
Old 13th October 2012, 11:47   #9
BHPian

booked my ticket for the race, had a question though is it possile to bring your camera on a normal ticket or do you need a special permission letter or something???
P.s-Its my first time attending a Gp bare with me
Old 13th October 2012, 18:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit choudhary
booked my ticket for the race, had a question though is it possile to bring your camera on a normal ticket or do you need a special permission letter or something???
P.s-Its my first time attending a Gp bare with me
Yes you can take any camera and lens for the event. No need for letter of permission. No tripods. I took my slr and 300mm lens and they did not have any problem.
drkakkilaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 18:04   #11
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2012 F1 - Indian Grand Prix -Buddh International Circuit

Speaking about the circuit and the race, Any idea where to purchase parking? The Bookmyshow site seems to be down.
Also, how are the jams. Does the expressway get jammed up, or do the jams start only when you leave the expressway onto the service lane.
If Expressway is relatively clear, I can get dropped near circuit and walk 1-2kms
Old 26th October 2012, 19:48   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Indian Grand Prix -Buddh International Circuit

Didn't get the idea of this thread.

Race day tickets (single day ticket) were available last year too, and they were up for sale for quite some time for this year. In fact if my memory serves right, they have actually hiked the price (for race day ticket) as compared to last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Speaking about the circuit and the race, Any idea where to purchase parking? The Bookmyshow site seems to be down.
Also, how are the jams. Does the expressway get jammed up, or do the jams start only when you leave the expressway onto the service lane.
If Expressway is relatively clear, I can get dropped near circuit and walk 1-2kms
Again this is with reference to last year, so please pardon me if something is incorrect.

- For 2 or more tickets, you get the option to purchase the parking ticket along with the main tickets.
- In case you haven't booked parking, you can purchase the same at outlets provided for the same. Last year, one of the outlet was at the Galgotia college of engg at Greater Noida, just adjacent to the expressway. There was another outlet in Delhi too I believe.
- Jams are (were) negligible in the morning. Even the traffic management is pretty good at the race track to manage the inflow of cars and with proper signs to guide you towards your parking slots. Even the service lanes were relatively empty. (Do note - we reached early)
- Jams are (were) horrible in the evening. Expect jams at the race track exit point (attached image), and more worse jams when you reach Greater Noida on the highway.
- If it helps, Gurgaon - Jaypee Sports City took us 1-1.5 hours in the morning. The same on the return trip (on race day) took us 4.5 hours, with a good amount of it spent on the Noida expressway.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 F1 Indian GP launches single day tickets-jam-exit.jpg  

Old 26th October 2012, 22:10   #13
Team-BHP Support

I have just one ticket, so I guess I will need to buy parking ticket from a ticket sale outlet, like cafe coffee day
Old 27th October 2012, 17:54   #14
BHPian

I have a race day ticket. What's the parking scene there? One of my friend attended Practice yesterday and he said there was some open parking available next to the circuit - charges Rs. 100/-.

What other options do we have in terms of parking?

Even for Park and ride, they say you need to book the shuttle in advance?

Most Viewed