Team-BHP - Inspiring documentary on Parth Ghorpade, among India's youngest Formula drivers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motor-Sports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-sports/)
-   -   Inspiring documentary on Parth Ghorpade, among India's youngest Formula drivers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-sports/145919-inspiring-documentary-parth-ghorpade-among-indias-youngest-formula-drivers.html)

Video Description:
In a country where Formula Racing is not considered a sport. Parth Ghorpade, who is just 20 is following his dream and making a successful career in Racing. Here is what it is really like to live the life of a Formula Racer in India.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2noBxSsO9sM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrivz (Post 3327892)
Video Description:
In a country where Formula Racing is not considered a sport. Parth Ghorpade, who is just 20 is following his dream and making a successful career in Racing. Here is what it is really like to live the life of a Formula Racer in India.

Hope he makes it to Formula One soon.

Could you please post the stages one has to cross to reach F1 and Path's current progress on these stages ?

Vettel joined F1 at the age of 20, can Parth make it to F1 in the next 2 years ?

It makes me sad, when I hear from parents the need of funding. I really do not understand, why Indian government fails to recognize such budding talent and help them. We have a dedicated ministry for this and a lot of funds are given to them year after year. Yet, I have not heard of a single instance, where someone stands and say that "Yes, I have been able to achieve a milestone because my government helped me".

Abhinav Bindra is an example, his family put their weight behind him and the government only realized his talent after the medal he won.

It is high time that the government gives such issues a serious look, when we have a policy of a corporate house spending a certain percentage of their profit in CSR activities, I would suggest, exempt entire automobile industry from CSR spending and ask them to focus on the motor sport and use their resources compulsory in promoting such sports.

This will help us in recognizing such talents at an early age and who knows one of them reaches a certain height thus bringing India at par with other countries in terms of motor sports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mints21 (Post 3328357)
It makes me sad, when I hear from parents the need of funding. I really do not understand, why Indian government fails to recognize such budding talent and help them. We have a dedicated ministry for this and a lot of funds are given to them year after year. Yet, I have not heard of a single instance, where someone stands and say that "Yes, I have been able to achieve a milestone because my government helped me".

Abhinav Bindra is an example, his family put their weight behind him and the government only realized his talent after the medal he won.

It is high time that the government gives such issues a serious look, when we have a policy of a corporate house spending a certain percentage of their profit in CSR activities, I would suggest, exempt entire automobile industry from CSR spending and ask them to focus on the motor sport and use their resources compulsory in promoting such sports.

This will help us in recognizing such talents at an early age and who knows one of them reaches a certain height thus bringing India at par with other countries in terms of motor sports.

We have a sports minister who only comes on the TV, when someone wins a medal or when India hosts a games event.

I dont know what the sports minister does in his day to day activities.

They are not promoting any sport, Formula racing is a long shot, when the sport is unknown to most of the elected representatives. :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 3328387)
We have a sports minister who only comes on the TV, when someone wins a medal or when India hosts a games event.

I dont know what the sports minister does in his day to day activities.

They are not promoting any sport, Formula racing is a long shot, when the sport is unknown to most of the elected representatives. :deadhorse

You said it right, unfortunately in India most of the sports federations are being headed by people with little or no knowledge of the game. The positions have become more of status symbols and matter of pride for updating in their respective CV's but they hardly have time for promotion of sports.

Let us keep motor sports aside for a while, You take any sport be it cricket, table tennis or lawn tennis, the equipment's are so expensive that a normal person has to pay through his nose when buying quality stuff for kids. Then we talk about promoting sports in our country. No subsidies' or recognition of talent in these areas, which are very popular and almost every sports complex have them across the country.

The country spent crores for upgrading sports infrastructure during common wealth games and now everything is gathering dust :Frustrati. We could have atleast, put that to good use for our own countrymen.

Given such a scenario, what do we expect from specialized sports.

Right now in India most of the private/public effort is targeted towards Olympic sports. e.g Olympic Gold Quest, Mittal Champions trust etc. Unfortunately talented boys/girls in motor sports find themselves way down in the priority list. Someone mentioned Abhinav Bindra; it was actually Mittal Trust that supported him with ammo imports and money and not his parents.