Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 17:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Netflix to air Michael Schumacher documentary on September 15

A new documentary film on the life of 7-time Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher will air on Netflix on September 15, 2021.

Netflix to air Michael Schumacher documentary on September 15-224561947_380320813708206_2544694841492310929_n.jpg

The film titled, Schumacher, is the first film supported by his family. It gives a unique insight into the life of the legendary driver. The documentary will feature Schumacher's wife Corinna, son Mick, daughter Gina-Marie and father Rolf.

According to the producers, the film will not only portray Michael's career but also show the many facets of a complex man - the merciless and daring Formula 1 driver, the ambitious athlete, the accomplished mechanic with a unique technical flair, the reliable team player and loving family man.

Schumacher was seriously injured in a skiing accident back in December 2013. Having suffered a brain injury, he was put under a medically induced coma.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th July 2021 at 17:09.
TusharK is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 19:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Netflix to air Michael Schumacher documentary on September 15

Looking forward to this. Hopefully it would be an awesome one like the documentary on Ayrton Senna released 10 years back.
H0RSEPOWER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 10:39   #3
BHPian

I have very low expectations from this.
If they don't show or get into the detail of his life post the skiing incident, then I don't see the point in watching this documentary.

There has been a lot of speculation regarding his life and the state of his estate after the incident and frankly that's what interests me the most. Sounds morbid, but yeah you can't deny that there is a sense of mystery to his life and how guarded the family has been post the accident. Updates have been scarce and have offered very little insight.

Most people who follow F1 already know about his professional accomplishments and have had glimpse of who he was as a person. Don't need a documentary to tell me that.
veedub89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 10:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
There has been a lot of speculation regarding his life and the state of his estate after the incident and frankly that's what interests me the most. Sounds morbid, but yeah you can't deny that there is a sense of mystery to his life and how guarded the family has been post the accident. Updates have been scarce and have offered very little insight.
I fail to see the connection between curiosity about the state of his estate and his recovery.

Of course almost everyone wants to see Schumi bounce back like has done so many times on the track, but the lack of frequent updates could mean it will take longer, if at all. Either way I hope to see him regain his health to whatever extent possible. It is just not fair for a man who flew like the wind, to lie in bed for extended periods of time.
RedTerrano is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 11:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
I fail to see the connection between curiosity about the state of his estate and his recovery.

Of course almost everyone wants to see Schumi bounce back like has done so many times on the track, but the lack of frequent updates could mean it will take longer, if at all. Either way I hope to see him regain his health to whatever extent possible. It is just not fair for a man who flew like the wind, to lie in bed for extended periods of time.
Ever since his accident there has been a lot of speculation about his finances and who really is in control of them now considering his own state of health.

German media and the European media in general has floated a lot of conspiracy theories. Primarily due to the fact that the real facts have not come out. No one knows the extent of his injuries and how far along is he in recovering from them.

I am not from the medical profession but if someone has not come out of coma or has not had a single public appearance ever since the accident, I doubt he is bouncing back from whatever state he is in.

I think it is a bit sketchy that there has been such an embargo on the facts.

The privacy or the dignity of an individual is not compromised by informing the public that he is in fact recovering from something everyone wants him to recover from.

If he is not going to recover then why not just say so? At least it would put an end to rumours and gossip. That I think is far more dignified and respectful to the individual.
Old 31st July 2021, 11:47   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If he is not going to recover then why not just say so? At least it would put an end to rumours and gossip. That I think is far more dignified and respectful to the individual.
Him being SUCH a popular and public figure doesn't entitle the public to get updates on his health. Sure, everyone wants to see that he's ok but if the family wishes not to let people know how he is, so be it.

The documentary will be an interesting watch, although, quite like Drive to Survive, might not tell us way more than what we already know. Regardless of our expectations, I'm sure most of us will watch it.
libranof1987 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 11:56   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel so sad for Michael. And even more so for his son Mick.

Pretty sure if Michael was fighting fit today, he would probably have been brought in by Ferrari in some form to resurrect the team and guide their young drivers. Can you imagine Leclerc and Sainz getting their daily dose of support from someone like Schumacher? It will probably be like Niki Lauda's guidance to the Mercedes F1 Team when he was alive.

God, I would have enjoyed it so much.
Red Liner is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 10:44   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Calendar entry made, thanks for sharing . Netflix, please please don't mess this up. A documentary on one of the most iconic drivers had better be iconic as well. While comparisons to 'Senna' will be inevitable, even if the production quality is on par with what we have seen on Drive To Survive (2nd season), we'll be happy. Hope there is lots of insider info & footage. Because petrolhead documentaries & movies are in such short supply, I'll personally be happy even if this is a 3.5 / 5 star offering.

Quote:
I have very low expectations from this.
If they don't show or get into the detail of his life post the skiing incident, then I don't see the point in watching this documentary.
His wife has made it amply clear that Schumacher's current state is and will remain private. Hence, we shouldn't expect anything either. The family maintains the right to their privacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
It will probably be like Niki Lauda's guidance to the Mercedes F1 Team when he was alive.
would really be something, although I don't think Leclerc (and even Verstappen) would listen to someone else, no matter how senior.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 14:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Schumacher - Netflix Documentary

Netflix has released the first trailer for its upcoming documentary on Michael Schumacher.

Schumacher is set to be released on Netflix on 15 September, and will explore Schumacher’s success in F1 and life off-track with full support from his family.

Schumacher marks Netflix’s latest foray into F1 and motorsport after achieving considerable success with its Drive to Survive docu-series that is currently filming for its fourth season.

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 14:50   #10
BHPian

Re: Schumacher - Netflix Documentary

Awesome! First the series about John DeLorean and now this. From the trailer, it seems that it is going to be very exciting to watch
Old 25th August 2021, 14:51   #11
BHPian

Official Trailer By Netflix Germany
JohaanTJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 09:05   #12
BHPian

Thanks for this! I kind of lost interest in watching F1 live after Schumi retired. I used to be glued to the screen every race and have lived every moment with him virtually, good or bad. When I heard he had an accident and was in great danger, I prayed for his quick recovery. Looks like that is not going to happen any time soon Although I still do watch the occasional race, it just doesn't seem to have the same effect on me now. It is the same with Roger Federer too.

There is no dearth of videos on Schumi and his life, but this documentary will probably be watched by every Schumacher fan ever and many who weren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Him being SUCH a popular and public figure doesn't entitle the public to get updates on his health.
I completely agree with this. The privacy of even enormously popular public figures needs to be respected and we needn't poke into every single aspect of their personal lives.

Last edited by Stryker : 26th August 2021 at 09:08. Reason: Quote added
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 09:57   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

I've followed F1 since 98, on the dot. And It was Mika for me.
So understandably, I had a deep hatred(almost ) for Schumi. In that period, and after that when only one person keeps winning, winning and winning (BTW, now a Hamilton fan )

When he retired, I thought, good riddance, but then finger boy came along. Went neutral to Schumacher, started hating Vettel.

However, when the news of his accident came, I felt sad because I realized that had it not been for him, and his fight with Mika, I would not have followed F1. I would not have understood about the feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when two world class drivers go down to Suzuka for the championship. I hoped, still do, for him to come out, though the chances become bleaker by- now - every passing year. My thoughts go out to Mick, that he is at the level of racing (not talent. that is yet to be shown) that his father was, but he cant see it............ yet. I still hope that one day Junior and senior are at the same circuit.

The docu will definitely be a fantastic watch.

Last edited by mayankk : 26th August 2021 at 09:58.
Old 16th September 2021, 09:31   #14
BHPian

Watched it late last night. An excellent documentary. Lot of insights from various folks in F1 and his family members. Definitely worth a watch.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 10:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Goosebumps moment as I started watching this. Wow! Initial impression is good
Attached Thumbnails
Netflix to air Michael Schumacher documentary on September 15-img_6490.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks