Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 09:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

The Grp. N 1400 is going to be restricted to Esteems ONLY. Both carb & MPFI. Working on control suspension as well to keep costs in check.

As of now, the RSC & 1400 Esteems from the INRC can compete straight off. They would have to do some work to achieve the minimum weight though.

Regs are up on the MAI site. Homepage>upcoming events>click on the applicable event and it will open to the page where the regs are. Am trying to upload them here as well.

EDIT: Regulations have been uploaded. Link is in the first post of this thread.

Last edited by Rtech : 27th July 2007 at 11:25.
Old 1st August 2007, 16:03   #17

After having looked at the regulations, it seems pretty obvious that these rules are especially tailored to eliminate the fast Bangalore cars namely Bobby Jairam's Dolphin, Raj Hingorani's Honda powered Zens, Shabbir's Honda City powered Zen and other very fast Baleno engine Zens from the open class.

The very fact that they have a 950 kilo minimum weight implies that these cars would have to run approximately 300 kilos of ballast which is ridiculous. It looks like these rules are tailored to suit the MRF Fiestas and the 800 kg Tata Silvets built by J Anand of MRF. I wonder how fair the rest of the rules and races are going to be! Its time someone brought out fair rules so that competitive cars still remain competitive instead of carrying almost another car in weight as ballast.

Simon Paul
Old 1st August 2007, 16:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
After having looked at the regulations, it seems pretty obvious that these rules are especially tailored to eliminate the fast Bangalore cars namely Bobby Jairam's Dolphin, Raj Hingorani's Honda powered Zens, Shabbir's Honda City powered Zen and other very fast Baleno engine Zens from the open class.
What makes U think that these cars can handle on a circuit?
Old 1st August 2007, 16:21   #19
Team-BHP Support

siiigh. There's always one in every bunch isn't there.

I suggest you either purchase a copy of the International Sporting code of the FIA or log onto their website and download it. Then read the regulations on minimum weights. I do not know you or know where you get your information from, but it is very clear that the saying, a little knowledge is dangerous, is apt in this situation.

Lets not get into the ridiculous fights on things like this. This is racing at a National level and even an International level for certain classes. Not a club event that allows you to run anything from a go-kart with a V8 engine onwards. There are certain regulations to be followed, the same ones being successfully followed for years in many countries. These regulations are ever changing and evolving. Rules cannot be made to suit a one off vehicle that happens to be prepared by a particular tuner.

Now lets stop this nagging and go race. I'm getting really tired here.

P.s. How about an introduction of yourself first and maybe a brief summary of your involvement in the sport? It would allow the rest of us to have a better idea of who we're talking with.
Old 1st August 2007, 17:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpaul View Post

The very fact that they have a 950 kilo minimum weight implies that these cars would have to run approximately 300 kilos of ballast which is ridiculous. It looks like these rules are tailored to suit the MRF Fiestas and the 800 kg Tata Silvets built by J Anand of MRF. I wonder how fair the rest of the rules and races are going to be! Its time someone brought out fair rules so that competitive cars still remain competitive instead of carrying almost another car in weight as ballast.

Simon Paul
if they didn't have a 950kg minimum weight then what's to stop someone from fitting a gokart with a hayabusa engine (it's been done) and taking part.

you've taken part in the fissme, it seems, you should know better than to question these rules.
this is a nationally conducted sporting event with the same basic rules that apply in any sporting event in the world. not your regular jakkur speed run.

the rules are there for a reason. not for fun.
Old 1st August 2007, 17:36   #21
BHPian

Well.... The weight limits are a bit harsh for the Indian Open class considering 950 kgs and there is a difficulty for the cars mentioned to race. Adding 300 kgs by way of ballast is no joke and there is a lot of truth in Simon Pauls statement. I just guess we have to race elsewhere if the rules do not suit us . I for one definetely will not even think of adding 300 kg ballast and driving and am quite sure the others names mentined will also find it difficult to do so.
Anyway Saloon racing is a great thing to happen to Indian Motor sport and may be things/rules may change in the future or we have some heavier cars to race. I am looking foward to be a spectator at this race and watch the fancied saloons from Sri Lanka.
And by the way I am sure my car can handle on the circuit as I have raced this for many years( this one in reply to Nitrous) .
I am sure Simon also must be a E zen or a B zen. otherwise he will not be feeling these rules to be harsh.Local drag racing is the way to go for now.
Old 1st August 2007, 18:08   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I do agree with Bobby sir to a certain extent regarding the rules in the Indian Open. Its debatable whether engine swaps could be allowed to run in a separate category and also reduce the weight of the cars for this class only. But I guess what is more important here is the rules made keeping in mind the safety factors. Its too early to speak at the moment. I would watch a race and then make conclusions. Though the regs for the saloon series seems to be well thought.

Bobby sir, I will take your word when you say the GT will handle brilliantly on track. So when can I see her in flesh ?
Old 1st August 2007, 18:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Im sorry,Jairam sir.
I didn't mean to offend anybody.
Its just that cars used in drag racing have a different setup compared to circuit.
Just my 50 paise.
Old 1st August 2007, 18:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Im sorry,Jairam sir.
I didn't mean to offend anybody.
Its just that cars used in drag racing have a different setup compared to circuit.
Just my 50 paise.
Well we arent there as yet where you say the cars are built purely for drags as Drag cars are more focussed on just straight line power for a few seconds, however street cars do fall into a category that can be suitably modified to perform on track too. The trick is to build reliable and well handling cars with Adequate power for the straights and just the right gearing to come on to the accelerator coming out of the corner. Exit speeds and traction are the most critical factor here.

Bobby sir would be able to throw more light on this based on his experience as these are my two cents based on the track days I have attended.
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:31   #25
BHPian

We are definetely years away from having event specific cars and quoting my experience can safely say that we have raced,rallied, autocrossed and dragged the same car with just a different setup. It would great to see drag specific cars which just do that and nothing else.
Will happen ....some day. But for now ..just make the best of what we have.
Old 9th August 2007, 22:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

the 950 kg min. for the open class is a cruel joke. if there are enough entries in the open class though, i think they might agree to bring it down.

mr. jayaram and others who have been doing this a long, long time should try and do something about this. otherwise an entire generation of racing expertise will virtually be lost on all of us.
Old 21st August 2007, 15:22   #27
Team-BHP Support

Rough schedule for the weekend:

Thursday:
9am to 1pm: Free practice for all classes
1pm to 2pm: Lunch
2pm to 6pm: Session 2 of Free practice

Friday:
10am to 1pm: Free practice for all classes
1pm to 2pm: Lunch
2pm to 5pm: Qualifying for all classes

Saturday - Race 1 for all classes: First race starts at 9.30am with a race every 1 hours. Track closes at 5.30pm.

Sunday- Race 2 for all classes: First race starts at 9.30am with a race every 1 hours. Track closes at 6pm followed by the prize distribution
Old 31st July 2008, 12:43   #28
BHPian

Indian Touring Car Championship

Hi Guys,

I was wondering why in India we do not have a Touring Car Championship similar to what they have in Britain, Germany, Australia and many Scandinavian countries.

We now have variaty of cars in India, from different manufacturers, and it would be great to see these pitted against one another in competitive environment.

Just imagine a line-up of Verna, Fiesta, City, Aveo and SX4 in 1600CC Class, and Civic, Corolla, Cedia, Octavia, and Elantra in 1800CC category.

I believe such type of racing can also generate huge fan following, and provide great spectacle and entertainment.

I am too sure if there is already something similer happening in India, but definitely the manufacturers can be roped in to promote this.

It would be great to hear what others have to say about this.

Cheers

Jaskirat
Old 31st July 2008, 13:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Please go through this thread,Jaskirat:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...-included.html
Old 31st July 2008, 19:08   #30

Single Seater Races?

Is MRF conducting Single Seater Races this time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks