Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 20:15   #1
Team-BHP Support

Iceman wants back In

Renault have confirmed that 2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen, the enigmatic Finn who left Ferrari to drive for Citroen in the World Rally Championship this season, has been in contact about their second seat for 2011.

more here

Kimi Raikkonen looking for Formula One return with Renault

Will he and schumi duel at the back ?

Edit- Link fixed

Last edited by ajmat : 14th September 2010 at 21:45. Reason: Link fixed.
Old 14th September 2010, 21:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
For sure it would be great to see him back. But they should be dueling at the front not back
But knowing what happened with all the Kimi rumors last year, we will have to wait and see what happens actually.
Old 14th September 2010, 21:49   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I miss his C3PO responses on the podium. I do hope he comes back and shakes a leg there - hopefully his own.
Old 15th September 2010, 21:20   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I know there's a lot of Raiko fans on the forum, and I don't intend to start a debate here. But seriously, Kimi has got to learn to perform consistently. He has way too many off days. I'd much rather F1 promotes fresh blood & talent than bringing back older drivers. There's even some buzz about Villeneuve driving (and investing??) in some newbie team next year.

I hope this interaction between Kimi & Renault stays at the "contact" stage only.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I know there's a lot of Raiko fans on the forum, and I don't intend to start a debate here. But seriously, Kimi has got to learn to perform consistently. He has way too many off days. I'd much rather F1 promotes fresh blood & talent than bringing back older drivers. There's even some buzz about Villeneuve driving (and investing??) in some newbie team next year.

I hope this interaction between Kimi & Renault stays at the "contact" stage only.
And you certainly did!

Come on!
When did age become a criteria for driving in F1? Nobody is against fresh blood and talent. But it definitely helps to have someone like Kimi back in F1. I believe that he still has something to offer to F1. Btw, F1 does promote fresh blood and talent. Thats how you have Hamilton, Vettel, Kubica etc in F1. Even Kimi, Alonso etc are what they are now because someone picked them up when they were young.

But does that mean they don't have place in the grid anymore? Kimi is just a year elder to Button and 2 year elder to Alonso. If you think Kim is 'old', what will that say about Schumi and Barri? Grand old men?
Forget them, even Mark Webber is 3 year older than Kimi and he is leading the WDC. So i don't think it should be a problem if Kimi comes back.

You may be right to some extent about Kimi's inconsistency while he was in Ferrari. But i am sure you know the kind of politics Ferrari plays. If he decides to come beck, i am sure he will be as motivated as ever to prove doubters wrong, though he won't admit it openly.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:01   #6
BHPian

I just hope he comes back and does what he is capable off. Rather than take assylum in another sport and tarnish his own image.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

He never showed what he is capable(?) of consistently. Maybe he wants to comeback. Does F1 need him?
Old 16th September 2010, 12:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
[b]
Why at the back? The way Renault has been consistent this year, I think they have what it takes to stand up against the big boys (Ferrari, McLaren, RBR)

Regarding Kimi's consistency and age? I agree with the first and not with the second.

Kimi sure has unfinished business in F1. He can do more than winning a single WC.

No wonder then, he remains to be one of highest paid sportsmen in the World.
Old 25th September 2010, 12:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'd much rather F1 promotes fresh blood & talent than bringing back older drivers.
Talking only about age (and not consistency):
Jure Robi? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

what a crying shame in the end, though. But completely turns the age argument on its head.
Old 26th September 2010, 22:19   #10
BHPian

Just saw this news on star sports and he was still getting criticized for doing too many accidents in WRC, c'mon there are better drivers than him. (Some people dont even learn the hard way)
Old 27th September 2010, 11:21   #11
BHPian

'I will return', Douglas MacArthur, and how!

I do hope Kimi returns. And this time with reliable machinery.
He is one driver who does not need to be mollycoddled by a team boss, or team orders or deals to do well!

With him back, I'll get back in front of television again.

Last edited by issigonis : 27th September 2010 at 11:23. Reason: Corrected the text
Old 28th September 2010, 16:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
I do hope Kimi returns. And this time with reliable machinery.
He is one driver who does not need to be mollycoddled by a team boss, or team orders or deals to do well!

With him back, I'll get back in front of television again.
I totally agree with you about this point, He really needs a reliable machinery so that he can prove himself again & many of us can see what driving capabilities he has got.
I would really like to see Kimi & Schumi driving for the same team & will be definitely glued to the television every race weekend.
Old 30th September 2010, 17:04   #13
BHPian

Well I do agree with some of you, he is not raw talent like Hamilton and Alonso, But He is equally talented as Webber, Kubica and more talented than Massa, Button. If these guys deserve a spot on the grid, then so does Kimi. If i were the team principal of any of the top teams besides mclaren or red bull, i would be giving kimi a serious consideration.

Classic case of people underestimating kimi was in 2009 when the ferrari F1 car was just not up to standards. Everybody criticised the drivers. It was only when Fisichella joined the team after massa's accident and when he started finishing towards the end of the field that people started realising how good kimi had been doing in the car that was given to him.
Old 30th September 2010, 18:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling he contacted Renault just to hedge/boost his chances for a 2011 rally drive. F1 is much too disciplined for Kimi.

If he is genuinely interested, I feel 2012 is the only option with Red Bull to replace Webber or Mercedes to replace MS
Old 7th October 2010, 13:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

No Renault for Kimi.
He says he didn't even consider driving for Renault seriously. Looks like Renault tried to do a Toyota here.
autosport.com - F1 News: Raikkonen rules out Renault F1 seat
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks