Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 11:21   #1
BANNED

Mahindra 2Wheelers All Set To Enter MotoGP Next Season!

Quoting verbatim from the source:
"India's youngest motorcycle maker Mahindra 2Wheelers is all set to enter the world's oldest motorsport event MotoGP starting next season!

The company will be participating in the 125cc category which will give the brand a big push and will also help company's marketing & brand building efforts.

"This category (125cc MotoGP) is relevant to people in India as bulk of the bikes are in the 110cc and 125cc,” said Anand Mahindra , vice-chairman and managing director of the Mahindra & Mahindra group.

“The advertising in the recent Football World Cup (for the group’s technology arm Mahindra Satyam) made us understand the power of global branding and benefited the group. So this is an interesting sequential chapter to our global branding effort,” he added.

Mahindra entered the 2 wheeler business last year by acquiring Kinetic and since then has introduced gearless scooters and more recently new bikes, the 300cc Mojo and the 110cc Stallio."

source: Mahindra 2Wheelers To Enter MotoGP Grand Prix 125cc Category In '11 | Autoholiks

and

M&M to hit MotoGP track for global bike - The Economic Times
Old 15th November 2010, 12:15   #2
BANNED

I would have thought this is a big news! :P
Old 15th November 2010, 12:46   #3
BHPian

Engines Engineering the Motor wing of Mahindra is already in the 125 championship. It was running the Lamberetta brand this year.

I guess they will just make a couple more bikes and run them in the Mahindra livery
Old 15th November 2010, 21:52   #4
BHPian

Good Move By Mahindra 2 Wheelers to Showcase Their Products At International Level !!

Its really a good move by Mahindra 2 Wheelers as they are new player in Indian market after they took over SYM & Kinetic; as this move may have a big fan following in India & it will definitely increase their sale here in India.
Hope they will launch Mojo & also some other 300cc+ bikes here in India.
BTW, here is the pic of bike that they have showed at Mahindra 2 Wheeler's 2010 Auto Expo Pavilion:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra 2Wheelers All Set To Enter MotoGP Next Season!-p1030708.jpg  

Old 16th November 2010, 09:53   #5
BHPian

Here is what Mr. Anand Mahindra, Vice-Chairman & Managing Director of Mahindra & Mahindra Group said about Mahindra 2-Wheeler's plans of Moto GP:
“This category (125cc MotoGP) is relevant to people in India as bulk of the bikes are in the 110cc and 125cc,”
said
“The advertising in the recent Football World Cup (for the group’s technology arm Mahindra Satyam) made us understand the power of global branding and benefited the group. So this is an interesting sequential chapter to our global branding effort,”
he added.
“Since we are new in the motorcycle business, participating in such an event will help build the brand equity, showcase technology and will be a testing ground for technology that we will offer to Indian and global consumers,” said Mr Mahindra.
“It will enhance our entire automotive range, auto components and IT domains,” he added.
“We will be taking over an existing racing team and call them `Mahindra Racing Team’,” he said.
Here are the links:
Mahindra 2Wheelers To Enter MotoGP Grand Prix 125cc Category In '11 | Autoholiks
Mahindra 2 Wheelers to enter 2011 MotoGP Championship | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
(Remember, there is a possibility of Moto GP Race in India in 201 on the same track where 2011 Indian F1 GP will take place on 30th October 2011)
Old 16th November 2010, 12:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Bold move from Mahindra but the timing is kinda weird.
2011 being the last year for the 2 strokes with 4 stroke Moto3 rules coming in 2012.

I don't know what Mr Mahindra was smoking when he said the 125cc class is relevant in India. The 125's are 2 strokers and India does not have a single 2 stroke bike under production.

Having said that, I wish Mahindra all the best the for the racing season. God know they need it to go against the might of the Aprilia that has dominated the series for so long. I wonder who the riders will be.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 16th November 2010 at 12:49.
Old 21st January 2011, 12:33   #7
BHPian

Re: Mahindra 2Wheelers All Set To Enter MotoGP Next Season!

The news is indeed confirmed. As a member of the Mahindra family i am right now watching the webcast of the Mahindra racing team being formally announced!

It's a pity that the webcast is not of a better quality else i would love to post more details about the same. Would definitely keep posting about any updates i find.
Old 28th January 2011, 13:12   #8
BHPian

The Lambretta was a good fast machine last year.

I do not remember the name of the British Rider who scored some points last year. The Machine was very unreliable. :(
Old 18th March 2011, 18:35   #9
BHPian

Spot two Indians - One is a racer (first Indian in MOTO GP!!) and One is a team
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks