Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 20:13   #1
BHPian

UNI Filter for Royal Enfield Machismo 500LB

Have had the K & N filter for some time now and wanted to go a step forward and fit the UNI foam based performance filters.
Can anyone help me with the below mentioned Q's
1> Has anyone currently fitted the UNI on their RE 500LBs, and how has the performance been after that ?
2> Which model of UNI should be used for a Machismo 500LB ? How much do they cost ?
3> Any dealer in Bangalore where we can source the same ?
Old 22nd April 2011, 20:14   #2
BANNED

Re: UNI Filter for Royal Enfield Machismo 500LB

Who is going to fix it?
As after increased air flow you have to have bigger jets.
My RD's runs on twin UNI filters and jet size is 320 compared to stock 140 and still i am on leaner side.
Get a proper tuner for fixing it as mostly people harm their engine by putting these filters.Buy it from US or your tuner may be able to get it for you.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 13:46   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Who is going to fix it?
As after increased air flow you have to have bigger jets.
My RD's runs on twin UNI filters and jet size is 320 compared to stock 140 and still i am on leaner side.
Get a proper tuner for fixing it as mostly people harm their engine by putting these filters.Buy it from US or your tuner may be able to get it for you.
I have offset the K & N with a 140 jet, as compared to the stock 110. Do you think it should be increased further to offset the same with a UNI. How is the performance of your bike after fitting the UNI ? Do you know any dealers in Bangalore or Pune ?
Old 27th April 2011, 15:50   #4
BANNED

Not sure about bulls with UNi and up-jetting, My bike actually feels more like drag bike just rev it and she pulls like train but its all together different set up, your bike need something else.
Not sure about dealer in Bangalore as last what I heard was some guy imported them from Australia which is known as sub standard Uni filters, even few Chinese sites are selling them with whatever brand you like to print on them, buy it directly from US and get it fixed with your tuner.
Old 27th April 2011, 16:04   #5
BHPian

Thanks a lot mate Ajaybiz. Shall also try and get in touch with a few buddies of mine from the Pune Road Shakers to source them. They are the ones who originally suggested me to try the UNI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks