Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 07:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Project Yamaha Rx

i could be novice to all this but i think that the RX series bikes were always on CDI.
Old 29th April 2011, 09:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

^^ To my knowledge all the 100 cc bikes were CDI from the beginning. Except that the Ind-Suzuki AX-100 and Yamaha RX-100 had 6 volt electricals initially.
Old 29th April 2011, 12:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thats true, the RX 100 was 6 V and then some of them came in 12 as well. But to be true with you in my owner ship of arond 15 year never had a problem with starting
Old 29th April 2011, 20:21   #19
BHPian

i am getting one for Rs.30,000/- Rx135 5speed, year 2001 in fair condition. Need to know is it worth that much?

Actually was surprised to see others quote 50k and above here in mumbai for 5 speeds. But seriously is the bike worth that much?
Old 30th April 2011, 08:49   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
i am getting one for Rs.30,000/- Rx135 5speed, year 2001 in fair condition. Need to know is it worth that much?

Actually was surprised to see others quote 50k and above here in mumbai for 5 speeds. But seriously is the bike worth that much?
30k is bit high for a fair condition 5s. try to negotiate close to 25k.
Please do post some snaps for better valuation.
Keep in mind spares for 5s is rare to find and costlier than 135 4s & RX100. Initial pay is worth only if the mechanicals are in good condition, Leave the cosmetics part aside.

There are people quoting 75k for fully restored RXZ 5s.

To get a decent specimen in decent price patience and wide eyes are the only go.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2011, 12:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
30k is bit high for a fair condition 5s. try to negotiate close to 25k.
Please do post some snaps for better valuation.
Keep in mind spares for 5s is rare to find and costlier than 135 4s & RX100. Initial pay is worth only if the mechanicals are in good condition, Leave the cosmetics part aside.

There are people quoting 75k for fully restored RXZ 5s.

To get a decent specimen in decent price patience and wide eyes are the only go.
is this the selling price (say for RXZ) or it is just glorified explosive quote ? I saw somebody asking 82k for a Z and 225k for a RD
Old 1st May 2011, 02:54   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
.....glorified explosive quote ?....
True. I came across a few RX owners posting ads with price that will make you go mad (50k, 60k, 75k why not, even more than that) just to show off their vehicle.

'Great' beware of such quotes and always try to get these rare species from a known and reliable source for better deal.
Old 1st May 2011, 07:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Better source a bike from some rural area where prices will be reasonable. IMO an RX 100 in "as is where is " condition should not cost more than 15 k in such places. If I were to buy one, I will start looking only at places outside a 150 KM radius from any big city/town.

Last edited by Gansan : 1st May 2011 at 07:40.
Old 1st May 2011, 08:39   #24
BHPian

+1 to Gansan, although that may not be necessary as I have usually found decent RXs around town itself for 15k.

The Great: I may have misunderstood you, could you please clarify the following:

Are you looking for -

1. A shabby RX dirt cheap which you will then build to stock and perhaps later add performance mods?

2. A running condition RX which you will enhance to stock and perhaps later add performance mods?

3. A mint condition RX which you will perhaps later add performance mods?

The reason am asking is the price varies for all three (pts 2 and 3 will overshoot your budget if you are looking to do a full restore + mods later)

There are dime a dozens running RX100s available around mumbai for 20k which you can negotiate down to 17-18 and ride home to begin your endeavour.

I mention the RX100 because the rest of the series simply isnt worth it (As lovely as the RXZ 5s is, it doesnt have the retro charm of the 100, and the others in the series are just also rans).

Although, I know of at least 1 RX135 for 12k which leaves you with enough of the green stuff to build something special However one cannot suggest without first understanding what you are looking for so if you could be so kind as to share which option you prefer maybe I could be of some minimal assistance.

All the best!!

For eg. I also know of (was offered) some nice 6s RXZs for sale. With papers. 20 odd Hp, 150kmph top whack. Will cost double the aforementioned budget in your post but are THE thing.
DevilsOwn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2011, 09:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsOwn View Post
+1 to Gansan, although that may not be necessary as I have usually found decent RXs around town itself for 15k.

The Great: I may have misunderstood you, could you please clarify the following:

Are you looking for -

1. A shabby RX dirt cheap which you will then build to stock and perhaps later add performance mods?

2. A running condition RX which you will enhance to stock and perhaps later add performance mods?

3. A mint condition RX which you will perhaps later add performance mods?

The reason am asking is the price varies for all three (pts 2 and 3 will overshoot your budget if you are looking to do a full restore + mods later)

There are dime a dozens running RX100s available around mumbai for 20k which you can negotiate down to 17-18 and ride home to begin your endeavour.

I mention the RX100 because the rest of the series simply isnt worth it (As lovely as the RXZ 5s is, it doesnt have the retro charm of the 100, and the others in the series are just also rans).

Although, I know of at least 1 RX135 for 12k which leaves you with enough of the green stuff to build something special However one cannot suggest without first understanding what you are looking for so if you could be so kind as to share which option you prefer maybe I could be of some minimal assistance.

All the best!!

For eg. I also know of (was offered) some nice 6s RXZs for sale. With papers. 20 odd Hp, 150kmph top whack. Will cost double the aforementioned budget in your post but are THE thing.
Rx 100 is pure nostalgia and i love it. But what i have found out in the forums and posts is that the Rx135 5speed does have an edge over the 100.

I have refined my search to the 5 speed version and your point 2 is in my agenda now. (Not the RXZ though as i personally dont like the sporty look and somehow even if that bikes chassis is different i dont like the handling, which is ironically much stable)

The thing is i am not much keen to Port the engine or go for mods that are mostly race specific. I am much into getting the bike run to enjoy the ride, and to me, that dosen't mean that only getting the bike to 150kmph is enjoyment.

The sheer rich sound and feel of the bike at even 60kmph is what i crave.

So performance mods to me is getting the bike to such settings those make the bike feel lively.
Old 1st May 2011, 23:42   #26
BHPian

Excellent, now that we have established the requirement, we can proceed with what fits the budget.

Between the 135 and the 100, I would suggest you go for the 100 even though you seem inclined towards a 135 5s. The 100 is a pioneer while the others were "also rans" which carried the moniker through the 90s.

Get a 100 for about 20k (again, there are lots available) and spruce it up nice and slow, by the time you reach your budgets limit, you will have an awesome machine which with its taller gearing will continue to give you riding pleasure with that sheer rich sound and feel which you crave for.

Stay away from performance mods because it changes the character of the bike (not good to bad or vice versa, just different) and you will not experience constant nostalgia.

Do you want the number of the guy who's selling his 135 for 12k? Llet me know. And, quote 11 if you call him
Old 2nd May 2011, 00:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post

Saw the bike today, immediately the reaction was "Hell what is that thing". (in pure dislike, no pun intended to anyone).

People expect garbage to sell at those prices is really amazing hope. But in one way the shortage of good bikes has raised the bar for junkies too.

The bike was running on 3rd oversize and atleast needed 30k more worth of rebuilding. But that comes in question only if the engine is good. Which is not. hence the decision. Everything except for the handlebar was rattling like its gonna fall any moment.

Not criticizing more i just wanna say ... not worth it.

The hunt is still on, mumbai fellas pls help if u know any 5 speed selling, there is a buyer here waiting. (sighh i am also contributing to the desperation)
Old 2nd May 2011, 00:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsOwn View Post
Do you want the number of the guy who's selling his 135 for 12k? Llet me know. And, quote 11 if you call him
I am hunting one in mumbai. but just curious is that a 5 speeder?? i guess not at that price.

Anyways mail me.
Old 2nd May 2011, 23:10   #29
BHPian

The bike is in Mumbai.
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:22   #30
BHPian

Yamaha RX is like real estate? Changes ownership every month and each owner need 10k profit!!!!
georgev is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks