Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 10:41   #91
BHPian

Re: Project Yamaha Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Ended up buying 2 Bikes and rebuilding simultainuously....

The SHOGUN and the 135 5 speed.
Thats great news! Is this the same 5 speed that we spoke about a few months ago? When is the rebuild starting? Where are you getting it done?

EDIT: I should have guessed somethings comming when I read this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ke-engine.html

Last edited by benzinblut : 19th December 2011 at 10:45. Reason: See EDIT
benzinblut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 11:09   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Parts update..

Bought the RDD kit,
5 speed conversion kit (genuine and brand new lucky me)
Bought a new seat (genuine and og)
5 Speed crank cover (genuine from yamaha factory)
Speedo and tachometers,

Will wait for the monsoon to get over and only then i will rebuild the bike. The main reason is the bike is running totally fine as is, and once the rains stop i will go full throttle with the upgrades and cosmetics.
Hi Great,
I would also like to 5 speed my RX100. Where did you get this kit and is the fitment a DIY job ?
Old 19th December 2011, 11:49   #93
BANNED

Paul retain the RX100 as it is as the 5 speed kit is for RX135 4 speed which shares same crank, gear box, same capacity and same final gear ratio.
RX100 is all together different bike. Buy another 5 speed RX135 and enjoy.
Changing an RX00 to 5 speed is not worth the cost involved.
Old 19th December 2011, 13:15   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Thats great news! Is this the same 5 speed that we spoke about a few months ago? When is the rebuild starting? Where are you getting it done?

EDIT: I should have guessed somethings comming when I read this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ke-engine.html

Yes it is the same 5 speed that i am rebuilding. Actually riding it for about 5 months made all my confusions clear. The original 5 speed is far far better handler and fun than a Rxz (no pun intended to any zee lovers). I was infatuated with the RXZ and wanted one for myself in the original pure breed 5 speed one. But after riding many 5 speed rxz's, the rebuild cost involved and the scarcity of micro spares made my decision's stronger to stick to my 5 speeed original version.

Regarding the engine re - sleeving thread, that was a genuine attempt to gather proper info and knowledge for the pros and cons of it. My block is currently on the 4th oversize (the previous owner had it running at stock for 7 yrs and then as stupid as it can get he directly oversized to the 1mm piston size as that was the only available piston at the local spares shop... sighh )

It dosent require any oversize as of now and the compression is great but if at all i have to rebore i will experiment with big bore possibilities and would also keep a brand new stock block for future.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 13:23   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Hi Great,
I would also like to 5 speed my RX100. Where did you get this kit and is the fitment a DIY job ?
Firstly it is not at all a DIY job unless u know the bikes anatomy inside out, secondly it is possible to get a 5 speed conversion kit from the factory shop itself but a lot of local spares shops sell delhi made local ones too. It is very much possible to easily install the 5 gears set up but.......

The RX 100's gear ratios are awesome, i would also not recommend putting a 5th cog to the existing setup as the bike would loose the driving fun and the happiness of having an original stock setup. Its just a mental thing that you have 5 gears thats it.

In all these researches i have learnt one thing.. the stock 4 speed, stock 5 speed and a stock 100 have all different fun quantum's and modifying the bike's DNA will always keep you unsatisfied.
Old 11th July 2014, 11:41   #96
BHPian

All the bikes pics, and very soon a new bike will join my garage !!
Attached Thumbnails
Project Yamaha Rx-img_1232.jpg  

Project Yamaha Rx-3735-1.jpg  

Project Yamaha Rx-img_0167.jpg  

Project Yamaha Rx-img_00811.jpg  

The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 21:46   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

How come I missed this thread again? I mean once I came across this thread, thought of subscribing, but somehow after reading the posts I forgot to subscribe and later forgot about this thread. Found it again today.

Wonderful job mate. Thread gone dead for some years, is there any update?
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
How come I missed this thread again? I mean once I came across this thread, thought of subscribing, but somehow after reading the posts I forgot to subscribe and later forgot about this thread. Found it again today.

Wonderful job mate. Thread gone dead for some years, is there any update?
Thank you sir for the kind words. Even I have been following your threads and have seen the fantastic restorations done by you.

The bike (Rx135- 5Speed, in context of this thread) is a charm to ride, and I keep falling in love with it again and again. That's the magic of 2 stroke.

Nothing beats the fun of a stock bike. I was never satisfied with any of the "performance" mods and after market fitments which were supposed to magically transform my bike. The day I reverted back to stock setup I felt really very happy to ride it again. I have come to the conclusion that any modification with the stock setup is like injecting steroids to ones body to extract that much "extra" from the stock, which ends up to more experimentation and finally ruining the fun-factor, not to mention the side effects on other organs too.

The chrome silencer is installed in place of the original big Catalytic Converter silencer, that's the only main change from the oe 5 speed company setup as it literally sheds approx a dozen kilo from the bike, and the sound is just amazing to the ears.

Planned future changes to the bike:

~ Brand new cylinder and piston kit.
~ Square headlight and indicators.

Cheers !
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 07:02   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have been following your threads and have seen the fantastic restorations done by you.
Thanks Bro

Quote:
The bike (Rx135- 5Speed, in context of this thread) is a charm to ride, and I keep falling in love with it again and again. That's the magic of 2 stroke.
I second you. I'm experiencing the same fun every time I ride my friends 4 strokes (be it FZ, pulsar or RTR) and switch back to my RX. No words to explain that feel.

Quote:
Nothing beats the fun of a stock bike.
any modification with the stock setup is like injecting steroids to ones body
I have a set of people in mind & I wish they should read it again & again.

Quote:
~ Brand new cylinder and piston kit
~ Square headlight and indicators
All the best and do post the snap after you move to the new avatar.
Once I was against the boxy HL in RX, but later started liking it (especially with the RXZ speedo meter setup)
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks