Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2012, 16:49   #91
BHPian

Re: My '74 Yezdi Type B Project!

Hi , Yeah I read some stuff from Gordon Jennings some years back, also tried some free expsnion chamber software which was anyway's quite complicated to fill in to get some shape. Don't know if i filled the correct parameters referred from various jawa forums. Got some shape from the software but I am quite sure it wont work . Hence looking for a working drawing.

Also have you tried reed valve mods ?
Old 23rd April 2012, 07:26   #92
BHPian

In fact, I just installed a reed valve modified by my mechanic here in Pune, but the thing needs a LOT more work. Pickup throughout the rev range was abysmal, although it seems to be quite a fuel saver. Not much to expect from a TVS reed, but we're working on another. I know of a bike in Bangalore which runs a RD reed valve, and I can say it works. The RD reed seems like the only viable option, jusging by its size. Installation on the Yezdi requires some modification to the reed cage though. I for now have chucked the reed and am using a brand new P43 carb. I think I need a seatbelt now, the way this thig accelerates!!!!

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 24th April 2012, 17:19   #93
BHPian

Tried a suzuki reed valve once, a home fit using extension spacers. Would'nt start. Had to loosen the reeds a bit, it started but the throttle response was poor since I was choking the vehicle using a smaller capacity suzuki reed. That ended my project with reed valves.

Had planned to then fit a blower unit to supercharge !! But never went beyond sourcing the parts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks