Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2015, 17:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Hitches in transferring my Yamaha RX135 - Help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
We have a scheme here in kerala for old cars and Bikes where in if the tax is pending for more than 10 years, there is a discount in the fine .
How much is the fine? In my case its overdue by 20 months
Old 21st October 2018, 18:17   #32

Help Needed Regarding Bike Engine Number

Hello Guys,

I need some advice regarding engine number of one bike. My friend bought a used Karizma R one year back. While buying, the bike was crisp and engine and chassis numbers matched perfectly. But it has come to pass that the chassis number might be punched. The original owner cannot be contacted anymore to check if he has the original engine cover with OE punches (most likely he doesn't). This will create problems at the time of re-registration.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix the situation? Also, does anybody know any HH employees who can get us an OE punch on a new engine cover? We know that there are still 8 years left before the re-registration but we would love to address the issue as quickly as possible as the bike wasn't cheap

Thanks,
Soumyajit
Old 21st October 2018, 20:32   #33
BANNED

Re: Help Needed Regarding Bike Engine Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdm_9999 View Post
I need some advice regarding engine number of one bike. My friend bought a used Karzma R one year back. While buying, the bike was crisp and engine and chassis numbers matched perfectly. But it has come to pass that the chassis number might be punched.
My friend recently registered his used CBZ in Kerala that he bought from TN, the engine number was punched as the engine was that of a Karizma we bought from a scrap dealer.

The whole re-registration process was no different as it would've been with the stock motor as I recall him saying.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd October 2018 at 01:50. Reason: compacted quoted post
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 23:57   #34

Re: Help Needed Regarding Bike Engine Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
My friend recently registered his used CBZ in Kerala that he bought from TN, the engine number was punched as the engine was that of a Karizma we bought from a scrap dealer.
Thanks, AP. But my friend is not willing to take the chance. What if the officer/inspector is in a grumpy mood and decides to check the whole thing

Last edited by ampere : 22nd October 2018 at 01:50. Reason: Formatted
sdm_9999 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks