Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 13:06   #1

Booked Royal Enfield Classic 500 but need help whether should wait for carb

Hello friends. I have been member of teambhp for last 3 years but this my first post. Needed help on the Classic 500. I am a defence officer and have recently booked a classic 500 whose delivery is scheduled in June. The bike has been booked in Mumbai and would be using the same in Mumbai for one month. I wanted to ask whether should wait for the carb one and when it would be launched. Also in July am going to Jorhat, Assam for posting so what precautions should i take in maintaining of the same in Assam as rainy season would be commencing there. Reliable transportation guys who won't damage the beauty. Also mechanics or service centre i that area would be appreciated.

Waiting for an early reply.

Thank you.
Old 14th May 2011, 23:02   #2
BHPian

Re: Booked Royal Enfield Classic 500 but need help whether should wait for carb

i would suggest you go over ownership thread of the C500 by randhawa.
it should rest most of your doubts.
As for the carbed 500 there is no conformed news on that yet.
Old 15th May 2011, 09:18   #3
BHPian

Classic 500 will only be available with an EFI !! However there are distinct possibilities of Standard 500, Electra 500 and TBTS 500 with a carbed version. But the decision would really be of RE.........!!
Old 15th May 2011, 09:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think a carburetted CLASSIC will not be made, it would be a step backward, the EFI should do fine, its a modern machine.

Also, the best way to transport a BULLET from Mumbai to Jorhat is on the road, ride it mate!

Guess you will have to stick to the authorised centers for repair and servicing. Though I own a STANDARD 350 99 model and have tried most individual mechanics, I feel they fleece you a lot, mybest experiences were with authorised service centers.
Old 15th May 2011, 10:11   #5
BHPian

Not worth waiting for the carb 500cc Classic, even it happens someday. EFI is the way to go.
Having said that, it was pathetic of RE to chuck off the lambda sensor from the EFI on the Indian variants.
Old 15th May 2011, 12:41   #6

Thanks a lot guys for the reply.
@thearun well was contemplating on riding the same but being in this profession leave is hard to get by and well in this year this is the only one month leave that i would be getting so planning to make full use of it. I tried searching authorised service centre in jorhat, assam but RE doesn't have any in Jorhat. 1 each are there in Silchar and Tinsukia but those are too far. Nagaland state is just next door but RE doesn't have any service centre there.

Anyone from Jorhat, Assam who can help me on this.

Also please tell me a good logistic provider who can transport the bike there without any fuss or damage to the beauty. Also precautions of transportation of the same.

Need help too on maintaining the bike in the torrential rains of the north east would be appreciated.

And yes am not waiting for some other version now.... Going ahead with the buy. hope the dealer delivers the same on the date promised.

thanks and waiting for reply
Old 15th May 2011, 23:47   #7
BHPian

I believe the best logistics medium is the Indian Railways itself.
Old 17th May 2011, 12:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan4renault View Post
Thanks a lot guys for the reply.
Also please tell me a good logistic provider who can transport the bike there without any fuss or damage to the beauty. Also precautions of transportation of the same.

Need help too on maintaining the bike in the torrential rains of the north east would be appreciated.

And yes am not waiting for some other version now.... Going ahead with the buy. hope the dealer delivers the same on the date promised.

thanks and waiting for reply
I think your Army's transportation is best way to get your priced possession safely to Jorhat.If i am not wrong officers get this service in VFJ tucks.But if you want to take your bike by private logistic provider, make sure they carry your bike in Car container trailer, one of the best way for bike/car transportation, may take little more time, but tried and trusted ( i shipped my bullet from Kolkata to Pune).
Carb 500 is not gonna come in near future, very concrete news. And EFI is good (new technology)

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 17th May 2011, 14:34   #9

@shubhendra well am not getting any army transportation as such. please tell me the name of the logistic provider u did the same.

and please help me on some good mechanic in the north east sector.

@arun a bit sceptical of sending the bike by train
Old 25th May 2011, 12:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan4renault View Post
@shubhendra well am not getting any army transportation as such. please tell me the name of the logistic provider u did the same.

and please help me on some good mechanic in the north east sector.

@arun a bit sceptical of sending the bike by train
Arun,
I will send you the name very soon. I do have contacts in Kolkata for spares and mechanic not beyond that.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 25th May 2011, 12:55   #11
BHPian

Why don't you try GATI?
Old 30th May 2011, 17:21   #12

Will try to contact Gati get the quote... and also help me abt the other services who can deliver the same....wat abt agarwal and leo?
also wanted to know whether this guys pack the same in a truck meant for transportation of bike or just dumping the same in the truck and moving it.... any reliable provider name would be more than helpful.

thank you
Old 29th June 2011, 14:53   #13
BHPian

Dear Ketan,

Was in your shoes few years back.

Believe me the only sure shot way of ensuring smooth transit without any damage to the bike IS Indian Railways.
Get a chap of your unit to be on that train too for the loading/unloading.
Give a bottle of liquid dollar to the guy who packs and loads at the station (shouldn't be a problem for you being posted in NE).
This will ensure EXXXTRA care when they load the bike.

If you have to transport it by road and not rdie it, you may try Agarwal movers and packers. I have recently sent a TB to B'lore and the recepient says he received it in good condition.

Happy Riding !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks