Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2018, 22:19   #271
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Hi Mantrig, nice thread buddy. Your black beauty looks amazing after all these years.
Thanks Mitesh (assuming that's the name).

Congratulations on your purchase. You won't regret one bit, this bike is just perfect all-rounder. Have done Mum-Ladakh on this bike and had only one issue due to riding all day long in last week of May through dry Gujarat heat (40+ Degrees) which felt like 45+ when the coolant started leaking & it was due to a nut seal tearing at casing joint which was replaced in Ahmedabad. Rest she performed excellent across terrains, states, altitudes with no trouble whatsoever.

My experience with Dalbir & other folks (who are equally helpful) at Om Sai Honda has been too good to explore other options. Had tried the fort ASS (not sure about the name) & Jhaveri Honda near Reay Road but the experience has been far from acceptable. Big plus is Kandivali center is spacious & has dedicated bay for CBRs (not sure they still do, been 6 months since last visit).

Yes, please feel free to take my reference (Gaurav M. from Shivaji Park/Dadar). Call him a few days in advance, have PMed his number. No, they don't change parts unnecessarily and will give you a fair estimate. In fact, post dropping the bike - 1st thing they do is give you an estimate and tell you what is necessary & what can be deferred until a later date. Even if you insist, they do not change what isn't necessary.

Except for Cone set replacement, I have gotten the rest carried out at the same place.

Happy Riding!!

P.S. Will be changing the rear Tyre hopefully over the weekend, pondering over my options (Stock - Contigo / PSD - front is PSD / Michelin)

Last edited by aah78 : 26th January 2018 at 00:31. Reason: Quote size edited. Please avoid quoting large posts entirely. Thank you!
Old 26th January 2018, 13:16   #272
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Thanks Mitesh (assuming that's the name).

Yes, please feel free to take my reference (Gaurav M. from Shivaji Park/Dadar). Call him a few days in advance, have PMed his number. No, they don't change parts unnecessarily and will give you a fair estimate. In fact, post dropping the bike - 1st thing they do is give you an estimate and tell you what is necessary & what can be deferred until a later date. Even if you insist, they do not change what isn't necessary.

Except for Cone set replacement, I have gotten the rest carried out at the same place.

Happy Riding!!

P.S. Will be changing the rear Tyre hopefully over the weekend, pondering over my options (Stock - Contigo / PSD - front is PSD / Michelin)
You got the name right Gaurav. Yes it certainly is a wonderful machine at the price point. Ticks almost all the right boxes for highway rides. I've been riding to Leh/Spiti/Zanskar on my Yamaha FZ16 with minor difficulties in all these years so I can imagine how easy it would be for CBR out there. I'll probably ride to Leh this year (or Bhutan) if I gain some more confidence in the condition of the bike after some service & replacements.

Recently, on my Rajasthan ride, I had a heart in mouth situation when the engine oil was leaking crazily from the filter area and I didn't notice this until after a good few 100 kms. Thankfully I carried extra oil so kept topping it up until Honda Udaipur could fix it with a sealant jugaad since they didn't stock the filter gasket.

Thanks for the reassuring words on Om Sai people and their service, definitely worth a visit in coming days. Really appreciate your help on this. Will get in touch with Dalbir and keep you posted on this.

PS: I'm no expert on CBR tyres but I'm currently running on Michelin Pilot street (Made in Thailand) on both ends and they sure live upto their hype and the price. No grip problems whatsoever on high speeds & cornering although they are 2-3 years old now and 15000 kms used. They still have good life left & I'll not consider twice before picking up a similar set once again if they're available when I need later this year. They come with a 5 year warranty as well

Last edited by camitesh : 26th January 2018 at 13:23. Reason: Added info on tyres
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks