Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2011, 13:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is the Avenger suitable for a tall well built person.

If you are built well, it will look funny IMHO I happened to see a TB near my Avenger last day; Avenger looked like M800 sitting next to a Safari.

And the seat is a pain in the po at times but its pretty stable at high speeds and is trouble/maintenance free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I am 6'1. I felt like driving a baby cycle and it was definitely not comfortable. I still prefer my bull .

The braking, gear change and the overall positioning of the feet is not exactly comfortable.
See!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
+1. Felt exactly the same thing on the test ride of the avenger. I am 6'0 and the positioning of the feet felt awkward. Rest was fine in terms of the relaxed seating etc. But the braking was scary due to the positioning of the feet. Probably if one gets used to it they might be at home with it!!
Braking is good and its just a matter of getting used to I guess.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 14:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Braking is good and its just a matter of getting used to I guess.
The braking is good but the feet positioning feels awkward for a tall person. To some one who is used to normal or rear set foot pegs, even if they are not tall, they will need some time getting used to the way you press the brakes in a car and can be scary the first few times at least!!!
Old 27th May 2011, 14:28   #18
Team-BHP Support

Nothing compares to the feeling you get when you straddle a Royal Enfield.

The Bullet/Machismo/Thunderbird is perfect for those above 6. It gives you a great view and a very commanding feel while on the road. The Avenger is a great bike too. A few of my friends in the 5'10"-6'2" region seem comfortable on their Avengers, though, I'd say they'd look better on a RE. And in all probability, would feel more comfortable on them as well.
Old 27th May 2011, 16:30   #19
BHPian

I'm 6'1 and I've been riding an Avenger for the past 6 years. IMO Avenger is more comfortable than any other bike out there except for the RE range. Stick to Avenger only if you want a trouble/maintenance free experience.

BTW why don't go for a classic 350. The TB looks too wannabe IMO. It doesn't look like a cruiser whereas the classic looks like a real classic.
Old 8th June 2011, 17:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well, I am 6'2, and I have driven both Avenger and TB. For me, it was TB all the way. Avenger was a bit uncomfortable.

I would have went ahead with TB if I had the need of a new bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks