Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 10:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: FZ16 as first bike, in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb9800 View Post
Eek, 30k is pretty big hit, so yeah, avoiding that would be nice... how do you guys generally find decent mechanics to trust on used bike evaluations? Are they dealer techs you get to know via your existing bike, do you take your bike to some non-brand repair shop, etc.?
mate,
If you feel depreciation is major stumbling block for you at this moment, why dont you consider buying a pre owned bike? Pretty sure you will get second hand bikes being used for less than 3-6 months for around 65K. One of my friend sold his FZ (limited edition - midnight black) for 65K, a bike that ran hardly 600 odd kms in a stint of 4 months. Probably you might need to search around a lil bit more. Do check out Yamaha Sales if they have any track of such bikes?
Old 17th June 2011, 10:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah sounds like it... where do people generally list these things to sell directly?
Where else other than our very own Team-Bhp classifieds The other site I know is Sulekha.

But 1 year down the line, if petrol price touches around 80 Rs. in Bangalore, be ready to take ~30k hit on the selling price. In that way, used bike sounds good. You can weigh the pros and cons of both and then decide.

All the Best
Old 17th June 2011, 12:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Eek, 30k is pretty big hit, so yeah, avoiding that would be nice... how do you guys generally find decent mechanics to trust on used bike evaluations? Are they dealer techs you get to know via your existing bike, do you take your bike to some non-brand repair shop, etc.?
Dealer techs are ok to an extent. Best is to check for direct customer vehicles rather than used dealers. Below are a few sites you can check:

TBHP Classifieds section
Sulekha
Craiglist (India)
Quikr

When it comes to trusted mechanics, its only thru long term association. Either PM me or post the area of Bangalore where you reside. In case you land up with a good used machine, I can help you with getting it checked based on the area you stay in.
Old 28th June 2011, 13:02   #19
BHPian

Ok thanks all for the inputs.

Just finished up the MSF course-- pretty solid.

Will probably pick up some gear here then decide on the bike (whether FZ16, then new/used) once back in India in a few weeks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks