Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 19:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500

So I can surely say now welcome aboard comrade By the time you get yours, there will be few more changes and hopefully your bull will come with remapped ECU.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I converted my booking to CL500 as I don't mind the extra money/fuel and it really comes useful when going on long rides. But now I have to wait for 6-8 months, well at least one benefit is we can get to see if there are other interesting launches coming before we get our thumpers. I got their in house magazine called Beat and it shows the Standard 500 and Classic Chrome 500 as the new launches.
Did you mean you picked up the in-house magazine or have you been added to the mailing list? The reason I ask this is because I too booked and have not heard anything from them except when I make an occasional call to check on the status.

I booked in Feb and I was told 8 months. I called in May and was told that there are 72 waiting ahead of me. I called on Monday last and was told that the numbers waiting ahead of me is now at 63.

Can someone validate this for me please? I booked in Teknik, Indiranagar.
Old 13th July 2011, 12:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

You lot will be delighted to see the new website and the models already showing up on the Official RE webpage Welcome to Royal Enfield Motorcycles | Motorcycle India
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 13:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
You lot will be delighted to see the new website and the models already showing up on the Official RE webpage Welcome to Royal Enfield Motorcycles | Motorcycle India

Hey Randhawa,

this seem to be just a web site. When we click on the chrome model for ex. and select the country as india it says not available. so its just a new web site.
Old 13th July 2011, 13:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Got too excited and didn't checked before posting :( Yup indeed a misfire..so keep dreaming lads. One day we shall have them here too.
Old 13th July 2011, 19:39   #51
BHPian

Hey Sanjeet,
nice to see U still excited about R.E. despite all the troubles U've had with ur C5.

How's ur bike? We are all waiting for your latest long-term report.
cheers.
Old 13th July 2011, 22:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thats the beauty of it, you never get tired or bored of her. It always puts a smile on my face when I ride her after a while.

Bike is as good as ever although not riding for a while now. Me and summers don't gel very well, got baby Fiat so driving in a controlled weather cocoon.

I though no one would remember I ever said about writing a final review but seems like I was wrong
Old 14th July 2011, 09:09   #53
BANNED

What would it take for them to add a 6th gear to the CL500, I feel it really needs this. Imagine cruising at 120 at rock steady pace, eating up miles!
Old 14th July 2011, 09:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

Get a bigger front sprocket 19T and you wont feel the need. It does not have enough power to propel you at 120 on lower RPM.
Old 14th July 2011, 09:34   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Did you mean you picked up the in-house magazine or have you been added to the mailing list? The reason I ask this is because I too booked and have not heard anything from them except when I make an occasional call to check on the status.

I booked in Feb and I was told 8 months. I called in May and was told that there are 72 waiting ahead of me. I called on Monday last and was told that the numbers waiting ahead of me is now at 63.

Can someone validate this for me please? I booked in Teknik, Indiranagar.
To validate, my Nov' 10 booking is stuck at 36 for last one month. I dont think I would get mine in 8 months, July 29th 2011.
Old 14th July 2011, 17:11   #56
BANNED

I think RE is not very gun-ho about local bookings. They are taking it as it comes and asking the people to wait their turn whenever it comes. Looks like they are focussing more on exports and hence this lackadaisical response to booking in India.

Me, I am willing to wait because I'm in no hurry but anything interesting happens before that, then I am free to take my money elsewhere.
Old 14th July 2011, 18:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Randhawa,

It's disheartening to see that the Chrome model is available almost everywhere except Bahrain, Nepal & India.

However, one thing I liked about the new website is that the owners manual for each model are free to download. A good move I would say (pardon my ignorance if this feature was available earlier) as many of us like to have a soft copy of the owners manuals on our laptops/phones. Does come handy at times.
Old 14th July 2011, 22:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is silly of them not to launch these in India but I am sure we will have them soon. Having a e-copy of the manual is indeed quite handy along with the service manual if anyone can get it from abroad.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is silly of them not to launch these in India but I am sure we will have them soon. Having a e-copy of the manual is indeed quite handy along with the service manual if anyone can get it from abroad.
Randhawa Do you have one (service manual) in electronic form ?
Old 15th July 2011, 18:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

They wont give me one although I had requested them a long way back and I was told that it was in final printing stage and they had to add some info before releasing. But later I was told the real reason and knowing that I know it will never be released in India. They are very scared of getting the manual in every day Joe's hand due to the technical data(they don't want to share) and people might get into trouble if they start DIY without having skills and technical common sense.

Thats the same reason why some car manufacturer are not supplying screwdrivers along with a plier in the tool kit. As people actually started DIY with no knowledge.

Every RE dealer has one and if they can be your new found best friend then you will have the RE Bible in 15 MB. Or you can get the service manual from a service station and get it photocopied and later scan into PDF.

Sooner or later I'll get it and share it with you all.

Last edited by Randhawa : 15th July 2011 at 18:52.

Most Viewed