Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2011, 21:09   #61
BHPian

Re: Enfield Bullet : Classic 350 versus Classic 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
Randhawa Do you have one (service manual) in electronic form ?

Hey Bradhey,

I have the ones mentioned below (all are for the old bullets & not the UCEs), let me know you need any of the below and I can email it/them to you :-

1. Pete Snidal's - 2002 Service Manual for RE 350 & 500
2. Workshop Manual - Indian Service Centers
3. Service Guide - Indian Service Centers

If yes, pm me your email id (preferably gmail) as they support attachments upto 10MB.

Last edited by mantrig : 15th July 2011 at 21:21.
Old 16th July 2011, 15:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hey Bradhey,

I have the ones mentioned below (all are for the old bullets & not the UCEs), let me know you need any of the below and I can email it/them to you :-

1. Pete Snidal's - 2002 Service Manual for RE 350 & 500
2. Workshop Manual - Indian Service Centers
3. Service Guide - Indian Service Centers

If yes, pm me your email id (preferably gmail) as they support attachments upto 10MB.
@ Mantrig : Hi many thanks, but its the UCE EFI service manual I am looking forward to. I have the original CD of Pete Snidal, as well as PDF files of the other two......but thanks for your kind consideration.
Old 17th July 2011, 02:45   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
@ Mantrig : Hi many thanks, but its the UCE EFI service manual I am looking forward to. I have the original CD of Pete Snidal, as well as PDF files of the other two......but thanks for your kind consideration.
Hey no worries Bradhey,

I am trying through my sources and might soon have the the EFI service manual. Will share it with you, Randhawa, Nasir (& others) as soon as I get my hands on one.

For now, just keeping my fingers crossed for it.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 11:53   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanvash View Post
To validate, my Nov' 10 booking is stuck at 36 for last one month. I dont think I would get mine in 8 months, July 29th 2011.
Any update on your bike? Did you get it or are still in the wait-list?
Old 26th September 2011, 17:34   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Any update on your bike? Did you get it or are still in the wait-list?
Still in the wait-list..they are telling me that its faster to get black color but not green as they are getting very few green bikes. I think if I opt for Black color, I should get my C5 in next two weeks....frustrated with long wait but no choice...Thanks for asking.
rajanvash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 18:13   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Still in the wait-list..they are telling me that its faster to get black color but not green as they are getting very few green bikes. I think if I opt for Black color, I should get my C5 in next two weeks....frustrated with long wait but no choice...Thanks for asking.
Well, The story I get from Teknik each time I call is different than yours. After endless waiting on the phone, I am told that Black is a rare colour and I have to wait. No guarantee how long.

Today's call yielded the same result.

I am not sure if Enfield Management ever reads these pages.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 26th September 2011 at 18:29.
Old 26th September 2011, 20:30   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Well, The story I get from Teknik each time I call is different than yours. After endless waiting on the phone, I am told that Black is a rare colour and I have to wait. No guarantee how long.

Today's call yielded the same result.

I am not sure if Enfield Management ever reads these pages.
Ahhh, these are dirty tactics used by Dealers to give bikes to people without booking...I got to know that someone from my company got in touch with Venki (RE CEO) and got his bike delivered much faster...
Old 26th September 2011, 20:51   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Ahhh, these are dirty tactics used by Dealers to give bikes to people without booking...I got to know that someone from my company got in touch with Venki (RE CEO) and got his bike delivered much faster...
Does Venki ever read these forums? With all his background, I really hope he would be the man to bring some refreshing change in a company we all value so much but have ended up getting disgusted with.

I only hope there is a trun-around. As I said in another post, my experience of dealing with even a RTO office without paying any bribe has been more pleasant.

Now you can understand the agony of dealing with Enfield dealers now.
Old 9th October 2011, 20:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hey no worries Bradhey,

I am trying through my sources and might soon have the the EFI service manual. Will share it with you, Randhawa, Nasir (& others) as soon as I get my hands on one.

For now, just keeping my fingers crossed for it.
Eagerly waiting for this.

Today I cleaned my throttle body & injector with STP & petrol. Wanted to reset my TPS after this. Source for manual for quite some time.
Old 9th October 2011, 22:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

You don't reset the TPS instead adjust it. If you have a volt meter handy then I'll explain it how to do it. I hope you cleaned up the idle screw and re calibrated it.

Last edited by Randhawa : 9th October 2011 at 22:44.
Old 10th October 2011, 08:27   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
You don't reset the TPS instead adjust it. If you have a volt meter handy then I'll explain it how to do it. I hope you cleaned up the idle screw and re calibrated it.
My idle screw was almost jammed. I tried to take it out forcefully but was afraid I might spoil it. So I cleaned the air by pass channel & MAF sensor holes with stp, petrol & a small copper wire.

I remember reading a procedure were you disconnect the battery & reconnect. Keep ignition on for 10sec with throttle 100% till the MIL light blinks. I don't remember the exact procedure. This I found in one of the RE Owner's Manual for EFI with lambda sensor.

I am also following this question here How to reset TPS ( Throttle body sensor )
Old 10th October 2011, 10:28   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

The service manual for the UCE 500 imported to the U.S. says the throttle position sensor is a variable output rheostat that measures the position of the throttle plate.

The computer uses this output to adjust the fuel ratio and the ignition timing.

At idle the output should be 0.6 +/- 0.2 volts. At wide open throttle the output should be 5.0 volts.

I mention that this is for the U.S. version which uses an O2 sensor so the values may be somewhat different for your Indian version.
Perhaps with the Indian version there is a built in computer check loop that allows the computer to figure out where the TPS is but I rather doubt it.

I think you need a good digital volt/ohm meter to test the output voltage at the blue wire at idle like Scooter Bob suggested on the other forum.

Although you have already taken your throttle body apart, my dealer cautioned me to NEVER adjust or mess with the settings on the TPS.
More than one of his customers thought the screws on the TPS at the side of the throttle body were there to adjust their idle speed and by changing them they ended up back at the dealer begging him to fix their poor running bike.

For those wanting to adjust their idle speed the idle adjusting screw is the large brass screw that is located down in a hole on the top of the throttle body and according to the service manual 1/4 turn will change the idle speed about 200 rpm.
Turning it clockwise will slow the engine speed down. Counter clockwise will speed the engine up.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 10th October 2011 at 10:30.
Old 10th October 2011, 10:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth_menon View Post
My idle screw was almost jammed. I tried to take it out forcefully but was afraid I might spoil it. So I cleaned the air by pass channel & MAF sensor holes with stp, petrol & a small copper wire.

I remember reading a procedure were you disconnect the battery & reconnect. Keep ignition on for 10sec with throttle 100% till the MIL light blinks. I don't remember the exact procedure. This I found in one of the RE Owner's Manual for EFI with lambda sensor.

I am also following this question here How to reset TPS ( Throttle body sensor )
Use some wd40 on the top of the idle screw for a min or so and try again. You will be surprised how much carbon accumulates under it. Did you removed and cleaned up the by-pass(choke) too?

For some reason the battery reset thing does not works on my C5.

@Jim- It's the same specs for TPS voltage on domestic C5.
Old 10th October 2011, 14:29   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth_menon View Post
Eagerly waiting for this.

Today I cleaned my throttle body & injector with STP & petrol. Wanted to reset my TPS after this. Source for manual for quite some time.
Have not been able to get my hands on it yet. Have been tied up with work and got no time to follow up.

Will be on the task again and will share it as soon as I have it on me.
Old 10th October 2011, 16:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to mention, TPS gets reset at every start so really don't need to bother with the setting unless you know what you are doing with it.

Most Viewed