Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 15:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bikes for my office operations team. Budget <50K

ah yes, the Jive. I have only seen a miniscule handful of them in delhi, BUT:

a. As a bulk buyer, if you can ensure a good relationship with the service center - then brand doesnt matter.
b. For someone like you - what is the worry?
-> Mileage - should be decent. Not abysmal
-> Comfort - Hygiene factor but not entirely irrelevant
-> Reliability - Top notch
-> Running repairs - Should be minimal.

The last point should be less with the Jive. My belief is that any shared vehicle being driven by multiple people will first have its clutch/brakes screwed.

So its a combination of reliable bike with a robust clutch and a service center who respects your bulk business and can treat your bikes well (doesnt matter if the center has a bad repo, as long as he can manage your work just fine). Bulk business inspires good service automatically.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 14:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novella View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking at geared and ungeared options for the guys and girls. For guys I have kinda shortlisted the Bajaj Platina and HH Splendor Plus / Pro. For the ladies it would definitely be the Scooty Pep. Its way lighter than the Activa and easier for the vertically challenged people to manage. Any idea on the performance of Suzuki Access?

Would look into the electric bikes as well.

All depends on the financing schemes available with the dealers/ banks.

Would keep this post updated on my decision
The Scooty Pep/streak is a good choice both weigh the same but the storage in streak is bigger, diff in price should be 2k.

for the guys look at the TVS MAX4R it comes with split seat and seat can be reoved via lock to accomadate luggage.It is a no nonsense commuter basic to look at and easy on the pocket for maintainence.

do not bother with the Mahindra scooters as none of them are fuel efficient
s.prashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 19:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Wouldnt that go beyond 50k ?

TVS Jive is also a good option, if the commute is to be done on crowded city streets. Its got gears but no clutch, super easy to ride therefore.
Even though it may be 1-2k more than his limit, but I have recently purchased the same bike for my staff, and I can tell you that in terms of longevity, efficiency, mileage and resale, this bike would turn out to be a more prudent purchase in the long run. No one wants to be see his decision turn out to be penny wise and pound foolish...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks