Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 22:54   #1
BHPian

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review

Hi Guys,

Yesterday (3 July 2011) Brought a TVS Wego, White colour.

Back ground,

I had a TVS Victor GLX since 2005 and was serving very well with no issues at all, but the use was strictly limited to city, and some time dad also uses the same, but as it did not have button start, it was getting difficult to use for dad, so decided to sell the bike, and Wego was already in mind as one of my friend already has this scooter.

Purchase:
So on 2nd Junly 2011 went to the dealer, he had two Wegos in stock one is Black and other white, my choice was White, but dad wants to have look at Brown, but it was not readily available, so we decided to go for White, so inspected the vehicle, for the scratch/dents , but found to be ok. So deal done there, he told to take delivery next day, as he will get the insurance done and will wash the vehicle before delivery.

Next day at around 12.30 PM reached to take the delivery with payment and required papers, the White wego was waiting for us to take her home. The on road price is 53,800, including octroi, tax, insurance and registration(Will be done on 7-8 July 2011)
With the scooter i got Body cover, Seat cover and Grips.
No discount given, Not yet received the final invoice, so will provide break up later, but the ex show room price is 45k.

Ok now about Wego,

Looks/Fit and finish
It looks good with aggressive stance, Wego has LED Tail lamp, looks good at night.
Two storage spaces, under seat and at front, really don't know why the front space is provided, i think it will not even hold a half lit water bottle, strictly to keep the papers. Under seat space is sufficient. Seat has great width with nice comfort, and white stitching looks classy. Best part is fuel Cap opener, situated on the left side of body panel, which is also used to open space below the seat, turn the key to left to open fuel cap and turn the same to right to open the seat, nice and easy operate.

Paint finish is just average(Not expected from TVS), ,quality of plastic use is good though, fit and finish is just average, but absolutely rattle free.

Ride and Handling,

I think best part of this vehicle is its ride and handling, simply superb for a scooter, one really has to ride it to believe. On bad roads it just glides, rear comfort is best, may be due to Gas filled rear shocks. seat length is also enough for two. Max i touch is 50 Km/hr so will not able to tell you the high speed handling, but handling i must say is very close to a bike and plush.
Front telescopic absorbs medium size path holes with ease, and i doubt if these tyres are made by TVS, looks like they have out sourced the same to Michelin's, excellent grip even in Wet, Large12 Inch Wheels also helps and those alloy wheels looks good also and also adds additional strength. Breaks are of 130MM dia are good enough to halt wego. No wobble under hard breaking.

Engine:
It shares its heart with Jive its 109 cc 8 bhp power, excellent.I dare say it felt smoother than Activa, Not able to test the full acceleration as its new, but felt very good. Engine is very quite, refine. And the transmission is also of very good quality no jerks at all. The scooter hardly has 32km on odo, so waiting for the running in period to be completed , to exploit the power.

Don't have good pictures will take few in next 4-5 days and will upload the pics.

Thank for reading.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Here We go..TVS Wego..Ownership Review.

@Parimal,

Congratulations on the Wego.

I could see the definite advantage of having the fuel cap not below the seat which is very awkard during refilling.

Have you got the Anti rust done? Would suggest you to do so since you have got the vehicle during monsoon. What about the maintenance schedule? Is it any different from Activa's?

Great to have Michelin tyres on the Wego, a bit surprised though since most of the scooter come with MRF ones.
Old 5th July 2011, 11:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Parimal,

Congratulations on the Wego.

I could see the definite advantage of having the fuel cap not below the seat which is very awkard during refilling.

Have you got the Anti rust done? Would suggest you to do so since you have got the vehicle during monsoon. What about the maintenance schedule? Is it any different from Activa's?

Great to have Michelin tyres on the Wego, a bit surprised though since most of the scooter come with MRF ones.
Thanks ghodlur,

Yes the fuel cap is very positioned is spot on.
No i have not done any coating, is it required ..? Mainteinance schedule really dont know, wil able to post once i will get the owners manual.

No no, wego has TVS Tyres only, what i want to say is, tyres are so good that, it feels like the scooter is running on Michelin tyres.
Old 5th July 2011, 11:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Hi Guys,

Yesterday (3 July 2011) Brought a TVS Wego, White colour.

Thank for reading.
Congrats on the Wego Parimal. Please post some pics.

Can you comment on the following:

- How is the footboard space ? Does it have bag hooks ?

- Does it have goodies as in the PEP+, 12v outlet, Lamp in the storage, Side stand beep ?

- How is the under seat storage ? Can it take a full face helmet ?

- The tyre size is 4.00 x 12 right ? Do we have front disc brakes as an option ?
Old 5th July 2011, 12:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Congrats on the Wego Parimal. Please post some pics.

Can you comment on the following:

- How is the footboard space ? Does it have bag hooks ?

- Does it have goodies as in the PEP+, 12v outlet, Lamp in the storage, Side stand beep ?

- How is the under seat storage ? Can it take a full face helmet ?

- The tyre size is 4.00 x 12 right ? Do we have front disc brakes as an option ?
@Parimal: I also own a Wego, so I might just end up interjecting on and off! I didn't know that the engine is shared with the Jive though.

@para: I felt the footboard space is very large because of the tiny front storage space. There is a baghook just below the handle bar unlike below the seat on the Activa.

It does have the 12v outlet space under the seat, but the actual fitting of the outlet socket will have to be done outside. It does not come company-fitted. But there is no storage lamp nor is there any side stand beep. I didn't know these are featured on the Pep+

The front alloy does not have any provision for a disc brake. However, I wonder if the Aviator front alloy can be used here in case we want a disc brake.

Cheers!

Prajwal

Last edited by prajwalkashyap : 5th July 2011 at 12:43.
Old 6th July 2011, 09:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No i have not done any coating, is it required ..? .
You should get the underbody anti rust coating done taking into account the MUmbai road conditions and monsoons.

Why haven't you recd the owners manual, was it not given during the delivery.
One request - can you post the pics of the Wego esp the fuel point?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 10:46   #7
BHPian

Re: Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review

@parimal_g

Congratulations on the Wego! Have been hearing good stuff about the vehicle.

Can you tell me how tall the vehicle is? I am planning to buy one for my sister and she's not that tall! I just want a relative height comparison b/w Access 125, Activa/Dio, Scooty Pep+ and the wego.
Old 6th July 2011, 23:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
You should get the underbody anti rust coating done taking into account the MUmbai road conditions and monsoons.

Why haven't you recd the owners manual, was it not given during the delivery.
One request - can you post the pics of the Wego esp the fuel point?
Ok, will check who will give me the Under body antivirus coating, today i asked my dealer he told me not required, as he was telling me he has not received a single compliant about the rusting and all. But still as a precautionary measures it better to get done.

About fuel cap Please give me 2-3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
@parimal_g

Congratulations on the Wego! Have been hearing good stuff about the vehicle.

Can you tell me how tall the vehicle is? I am planning to buy one for my sister and she's not that tall! I just want a relative height comparison b/w Access 125, Activa/Dio, Scooty Pep+ and the wego.
Thanks , i think pep will be shortest followed by Wego, Activa i think little taller than Wego, but never driven Dio and Access, but by the looks i think Access should be on par with Wego. If you want exact saddle height will check and let you know.
Old 7th July 2011, 10:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, will check who will give me the Under body antivirus coating
Thats something new for me, had me in splits for a few minutes.
Old 16th July 2011, 15:13   #10
BHPian

Guys,

After almost 12 days i have covered a distance of 139 Kms, and the Approx Millage i got is 33 Km/lit ... I think it ok as vehicle is new and i dont think it will improve much as our road and traffic conditions are pathetic.
No issues till now.
Positives.
1> Pickup is Amazing.
2> Breaks are also excellent.
3> Handling is simply spot on, it feels like bike, excellent in wet.
4> Very very very comfortable.
5> Head light is good compare to other scooters.
6> Rattle free.
7> Engine is smooth.
8> Conveniently located Fuel Cap.
9> LED Tail lamps looks good at night.

Negative.
Don't find any but still ..
1> Paint quality is not top notch.
2> Panel gaps are irregular.
3> No standard mobile charger, Scooty has.
4> I personally like the Scooty Bag hooks more.
5> Body colour Mirrors missing, like in Scooty Streak.

And answers to the questions asked by para_7k, Prakash, ghodlur

1> Tyres are 90/90 X 12 Inch
2> Height of the Seat is not mentioned in Manuel but its on par with other scooters.
3> Two years or 24,000 Km warranty.
4> First service is at 500- 750 Kms or One month and then after Service Interval is approx 3K and Oil change interval us 6k .
5> Ground Clearance is 132 mm.
6> Service Book has 9 Services out of those 1-5 are free and next 7th and 9th are Free services.

Now some Snaps..
Attached Thumbnails
Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2634.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2692.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2635.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2636.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2641.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2702.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2648.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2695.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2688.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2650.jpg  

Old 16th July 2011, 15:38   #11
BHPian

ghodlur, you can see in previous set of pictures how the Fuel cap works, move the key to left to open the fuel cap and to right for Seat, its nice feature.
Few More Snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2703.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2680.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2689.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2671.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2644.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2645.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2646.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2697.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2649.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2664.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2679.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2654.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2686.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2698.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2711.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2673.jpg  

Here We go..TVS Wego : My Ownership Review-img_2667.jpg  

parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 22:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Thats something new for me, had me in splits for a few minutes.
Ha Ha Stupid mistake , may be i was updating antivirus at that time or just a stupid mistake.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

Amazing snaps and concise update after close to 150kms. Glad to know that the scoot is doing well

With regards to rattles, you have use the scoot for a few thousand kms to know if it really rattles. It is too early to predict. But I am guessing it will hold up well for years to come.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 23:23   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Amazing snaps and concise update after close to 150kms. Glad to know that the scoot is doing well

With regards to rattles, you have use the scoot for a few thousand kms to know if it really rattles. It is too early to predict. But I am guessing it will hold up well for years to come.
Thanks Abhinav,
Yes that's true for the real picture for rattles, may be i can say will able to tell after one year of running.
And this running in period is killing me 50 km/hr is max, and its more than 15 days and the Odo reading is only 190km so 800kms more to go, few years before i did my Shogun's 1000kms in 7 days flat.

Last edited by parimal_g : 19th July 2011 at 23:31.
Old 20th July 2011, 10:08   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Abhinav,
Yes that's true for the real picture for rattles, may be i can say will able to tell after one year of running.
And this running in period is killing me 50 km/hr is max, and its more than 15 days and the Odo reading is only 190km so 800kms more to go, few years before i did my Shogun's 1000kms in 7 days flat.
Our Wego has done about 2500 kms and 2nd service just got over. No rattles anywhere as yet. The scoot does 24kms every weekday through thick traffic and over well-potholed roads. No rattles anywhere. Of course, speeds are restricted to less than 50kmph, but that's more due to the traffic/roads than self-control.

Prajwal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks