Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 20:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a used Royal Enfield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The newer engines have far better acceleration and the overall QC is definitely improved.

I guess RE wants to be more main stream than a showoff kind of bike. The more simpler, efficient and powerful they make the RE the more people may begin to buy instead of the few ones who bought it during the cast iron period.

I would even want to see a shaft drive enabled RE in the future eliminating chains

but before going main stream the RE people should improve the product quality & focus on the customer support.

rgds,
Nikhil

Last edited by jeepster : 26th July 2011 at 20:07.
Old 26th July 2011, 20:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post

but before going main stream the RE people should improve the product quality & focus on the customer support.

rgds,
Nikhil
Nikhil, customer support and E.I. my foot. They are least bothered about customer backup.As you all know all new bikes are not to the mark of oldies in any way.In fact they are spoiling their image.When I asked a guy who got a brand new Bull told me this is a junk as compared to oldies.
Old 26th July 2011, 20:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nikhil, customer support and E.I. my foot.
hehehe....The only free service i did with RE was my frist service. The second service was with a reliable mechanic and the first thing i removed was the nasty click/clock sound making catalytic converter.

Quote:
As you all know all new bikes are not to the mark of oldies
Sales figure doesnt say that way. Spending 1L on a bike was absolutely out of question even these days for me. I cannot convince myself why i should pay over a lakh for a bullet. If they gave me 3 years warranty and free service, may be i would think about it.

Can i rip the engine like one can do with a Harley or a Ninja for that matter just out of the showroom and still honor warranty if something fails?
Old 26th July 2011, 21:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
hehehe....The only free service i did with RE was my frist service. The second service was with a reliable mechanic and the first thing i removed was the nasty click/clock sound making catalytic converter.

Sales figure doesnt say that way. Spending 1L on a bike was absolutely out of question even these days for me. I cannot convince myself why i should pay over a lakh for a bullet. If they gave me 3 years warranty and free service, may be i would think about it.

Can i rip the engine like one can do with a Harley or a Ninja for that matter just out of the showroom and still honor warranty if something fails?
Boss, see their assembly line on U tube and you will see those who are assembling these bikes whiling away time moving from their dedicated portion of assembly and going to others.
All this in a assembly line is not acceptable with reputed auto manufecturers.Regards..........
Old 27th July 2011, 12:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
4. Is 1.15 lakhs a good amount for this bike in bangalore.
I have been looking for a good Machismo 500 since I didnt find a good one at the value price, I booked a CL500. Rs1.15 lac is a high price. I know personally a vehicle quoted for 1.15 is staying unsold for more than 6 months now. I know recently one of the bhpian sold his for 90K, I didnt get the first chance there.

Please give me the second chance for this bike if you are not interested.
Old 27th July 2011, 20:04   #36
BHPian

Guys,I own a 2007 Electra 350 and till date nobody(apart from service center guys) have riden him.Now a days I am using it only for my daily commute and not for any rides, as my commitments towards family is increasing.I am in a confusion to sell or not.You can find him in my TBHP garage.Any suggession?it is like 85% No sell for me.
Old 28th July 2011, 11:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggession?it is like 85% No sell for me
Why would you sell it. The lost passion to riding always returns. May be its just in a hibernation mode. If you are taking the bike out even for few kms a week, you should keep it.
Old 28th July 2011, 20:19   #38
BHPian

Since we are on the topic of used bullets, I am looking for an old bullet to take up as a restoration/modification project (an interceptor to be exact, though it is doubtful I'll find one here) but am finding it hard to locate them in and around Lucknow. Does anyone know any good places to near Lucknow?

Thanks guys, sorry to digress.
Old 28th July 2011, 23:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Guys,I own a 2007 Electra 350 and till date nobody(apart from service center guys) have riden him.Now a days I am using it only for my daily commute and not for any rides, as my commitments towards family is increasing.I am in a confusion to sell or not.You can find him in my TBHP garage.Any suggession?it is like 85% No sell for me.
You won't get it in the future if you want it. I'd suggest to keep it. Btw, it will go at a higher rate than what you bought for. So beware of getting robbed in case you do sell it.

Tejas
Old 29th July 2011, 11:07   #40
BHPian

Thanks guys,

I am not going to sell it..thanks.
Old 10th September 2016, 04:00   #41
BHPian

*Bump*

Hello all, I'm in need of some advice. While looking to buy a CI Bullet, specifically the Std 500, I came across an ad online for a 2002 Std 500 with the right side gear shift. Interestingly, it has a 5 speed gearbox which the owner says is company fitted. Now, has RE ever made 5 speeds on the right side gear shift?

Also, what's the situation about spares for the Std 500 Cast Iron? Is it better to go with a Std 350 instead?
Old 10th September 2016, 07:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContessMan View Post
*Bump*

Hello all, I'm in need of some advice. While looking to buy a CI Bullet, specifically the Std 500, I came across an ad online for a 2002 Std 500 with the right side gear shift. Interestingly, it has a 5 speed gearbox which the owner says is company fitted. Now, has RE ever made 5 speeds on the right side gear shift?

Also, what's the situation about spares for the Std 500 Cast Iron? Is it better to go with a Std 350 instead?
I am quite sure there was no 5sp CI500 that was available from the factory. But I have seen few fitted with the 5sp gearbox from garages.
As for spares, it is expensive and difficult to source for the 500. 350 spares I think are easier to find.
The company doesn't make parts for these bikes anymore.
I'm referring to the engine components specially , for both the bikes.
Other parts are available from third party manufacturers.

Last edited by tharian : 10th September 2016 at 07:48.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 07:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
As for spares, it is expensive and difficult to source for the 500. 350 spares I think are easier to find.
The company doesn't make parts for these bikes anymore.
I'm referring to the engine components specially , for both the bikes.
I'm planning to use the motorcycle as a touring machine and that is why I was looking for the 500. Would you recommend the 350 CI as a highway tourer?
Old 10th September 2016, 18:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to use the motorcycle as a touring machine and that is why I was looking for the 500. Would you recommend the 350 CI as a highway tourer?
I would recommend the 500 for touring.

I bought a 500 back in 2007 just for touring over my 350 Electra. Used it for around half a lakh kms, did plenty of trips and sold it. But I spent quite a bit on it during 7 years. I sold it since I felt it's become slow for our faster roads now.

I wouldn't suggest a 500 now unless you are 500 aficionado. Rather go for a UCE 500 and do stress free trips.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 19:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:

While looking to buy a CI Bullet, specifically the Std 500, I came across an ad online for a 2002 Std 500 with the right side gear shift.

I have a 2003 Std 500 so I guess I can answer this one.

The gear shift has been retrofitted. The old Standard 500 has a 4 speed right side shifter, not a 5 speed one.

There is absolutely no problems with routine spares. The Std. 500 shares a lot of parts with the Std 350 so routine maintenance is easy. You will have issues sourcing engine parts like a valves, block and pistons and rings.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks