Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 19:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
I dont know Veerji but i always thought that there were Kalakar bande in Bombay. any ways it looks good.
Veerji, this Sandip who gas done the lining job,water sticker fixing,,fixing 12.V.6.AH. on battery cover, gold lining job on P.tank,both tool boxes.Both number plates radium job...all for 300/-.Best price, even was expecting ing now.
Todays progress I am posting now.Regards...
Old 4th August 2011, 20:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I am posting todays progress of assembling part of the restoration.
Barkat came at 12 pm and started with the job.He started off with fixing fork, front wheel, head light housing (khopdi), mud guards,both tool boxes,front wheel,worm drive of speedometer, including wheel bearings for both wheels, rear brake pedal,side stand,etc. All the painted parts are packed in news paper.All nut bolts were given coating of grease before tightening.

By 5 pm Barkat was tired and was to go for namaz and breaking of fast.

I too called off the day ,he has asked me to get battery and foot rest rubbers tomorrow. In the end of the day tomorrow he is draining all oils and the draining will be for the entire night so that on saturday the bull will be totally dry for the new oil filter,engine,clutch,gear oils to be filled into it for its new life to begin in new hands..Regards..
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-bulls.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-momom.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-pipipip.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-plplpl.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-spedo.jpg  

Old 5th August 2011, 22:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, todays work output was not as of yesterday.But any how Barkat has drained all oils and the drain plug is removed and it will be refited tomorrow morning ,to let the entire oil flow through.
Tomorrow he will fill all oils,oil filter,peyrol tank, footrest rubbers which I got today from Bhagwati at malad.
I think tomorrow he wil fire the engine..Pls see the whatever little progress of today.Regards......
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-fitting.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-front.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-oils.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-oilsss.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-barkat.jpg  

Old 6th August 2011, 20:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi,guys today the work on the bike was started very early by Barkat bhai,he told me that today by evening he will complete the bike any how.
He refilled all oils, replaced oil filter, and fixed the tank.
Then he started with lights job and told me that light switch will need to be replaced,along with some bulbs.Itold him to go ahead even with new wiring set also.
At 5.00pm he FIRED the engine ,it started with about 7 to 8 kicks,as it was stationary for the last so many days.
There was very little smoke for some time which disappeared later.
It was late and I forgot to take my camera with me so took those mobile photos,.
Today late at night or morning Barkat will leave the bike with Rashid bhai for final polishing,little touch up, cleaning of engine, painting the engine block, head etc.
I will take delivery late tomorrow.Regards.....
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-03082011480.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-03082011481.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-06082011482.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-06082011483.jpg  

Old 7th August 2011, 23:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Today being sunday I was lazing on the bed at about 9.30 am and suddenly I realized that today I have to be after Barkat bhai for the promised delivery of the bike by him.I got up and left home after breakfast.

I went to his W/Shop and started helping his assistant till his boss came.
When finnally he came he made some changes to today work done and left to get the bike washed and cleaned. He asked me to come back at 3 PM.
After he was finished with washing he went to Rashid bhai the painter.
Who not only did touch up jobs but also painted silver colour to some bolts and nuts.Finnally did his final polishing for which I was waiting for so long.
Later Barkat bhai brought back the bike to his W/Shope and did last stickering job of pasting that caution sticker of yellow and black stripes I got it made yesterday.He stuck it on the chassis front portion.
Mirrors were fixed,grip covers were fixed ,and finnally a little cleanup with yellow duster I got today.
Then we had a small celebration with Pedas (sweets) before leaving his w/shop where my Bull got a new life and you may say it was reborn and was going to a new HOME.
I and both sons were there at the time of delivery we photographed our Restorers.
We came home and again there was a celebration .

Then there was a small competition between me and my sons who will go for the ride .or rides first.....that time my age was on my side and I was given first preference,of cource by my wife but I gave away my prized opportunity to my sons.

Later on I called Mr.Cary the earlier owner of the bike and told him that I want to show him HIS bike which at last is complete,and I went to his place ,he and his family was surprized to see the same bike which went away from his place about a month back.Some others in his bld were also surprized at the 22 yrs young BULL. I told them that as years are added to a ageing Bull it becomes younger and younger.
I am told by my restorer that I must service it in 2 months or 5000kms.
REGARDS.....................
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-restorers.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-bul.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-bullit.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-bulls.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-cklit.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-eng.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-engime.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-engpob.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-front.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-hananan.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-hkilyif.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-ooou.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-opop.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-raer-gad.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-rears.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-reeee.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-spspsp.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-tutut.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-wheel.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-yiiyiyi.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-dimpu.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-sunny.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-cary.jpg  

IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 23:25   #36
BHPian

A job Well done.
The bike looks Fabulous.
All that effort has finally paid off.
iron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 11:51   #37
BHPian

Iqbal Veerji, fantastic thread.

Just loved the way the your bullet has come out, it looks as good as new with a heart of everlasting gold.

I too am in the mkt for another bullet in addition to my present one, and looking for a 500cc bullet preferably 60/70's model which i am looking to restore to its glory days.

When it comes to it will get in touch with you for restoration/modelling tips.

Happy bulleting..
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 21:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, today I located photos of my son Jaspal's first Bull in the year 2002,I got this bike for him from Mr. Prem of versova.
I had paid 20000/- for this beauty in those days,and look at the prices we hear nowadays..
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-head-light.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-htyt.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-last.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-stand.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-tail.jpg  

Restoration Of My 1989 Bullet-tutukijhh.jpg  

Old 9th August 2011, 13:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Today being sunday I was lazing on the bed at about 9.30 am and suddenly I realized that today I have to be after Barkat bhai for the promised delivery of the bike by him.I got up and left home after breakfast.
===============
We came home and again there was a celebration .
Great rebuild Veerji Saab, the bike really looks fabulous now. Any particular reason for the caution sticker of yellow and black stripes stuck on the chassis front portion. As my guess is most of the times it would be blocked by the front tyre & mudguard
padikpanther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 20:07   #40
BHPian

That is one nice restoration and the bull looks fabulous in new avatar. But why didn't you do any chromium work around the engine and clutch casing's ?, it would had been as new as a showroom piece with that work

Anyways, Good Job
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 20:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Lovely, these bullets are so Majestic and your Bullets look great Veerji. This restoration job has left no stone unturned.

Would you be aware of the Mikuni carb of the Bullet can be fitted on a Norton ES-II?

Veerjio, pl empty your PM inbox, have been trying to send you a PM since the last few days. Sorry have no way of telling you so used this offtopic post instead.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 20:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Veerji, the bullet looks good, no offence but it could have been better with a little bit of work on the Engine exterior, as it was already off the frame you could have got it buffed and the shine would have been like a brand new one. any ways now you can pick up some brasso and do it by your self.

"NALE UNCLE JEE MEHNAT KARO GE TAN DHID GHAT JAYE GA"

ANd the golden sticker lining looks nice
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 21:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padikpanther View Post
Great rebuild Veerji Saab, the bike really looks fabulous now. Any particular reason for the caution sticker of yellow and black stripes stuck on the chassis front portion. As my guess is most of the times it would be blocked by the front tyre & mudguard
Boss,Thanks a million for the appretiation. No particular reason for the caution sticker just my son said that lets have something different in the front and the space was too good,yes you are right it will be covered by the front tyre ,but it is not covered fully.
All black in the front adds some charm with yellow and black..
Actually I am also looking for a steel flag rod with twin rods to be fitted to front mud guard, here in mumbai no one has.Kindly inform me or PM me about availability. Regards.......
Old 9th August 2011, 22:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Veerji, the bullet looks good, no offence but it could have been better with a little bit of work on the Engine exterior, as it was already off the frame you could have got it buffed and the shine would have been like a brand new one. any ways now you can pick up some brasso and do it by your self.

"NALE UNCLE JEE MEHNAT KARO GE TAN DHID GHAT JAYE GA"

ANd the golden sticker lining looks nice
Haan ji, I have booked 14th and 15th for the purpose of clean up of engine.Engine was not taken off the frame.

In fact I will take and apply SILVO paste and clean it up with finest water paper , for your satisfaction I may post before and after photos.
My son will not be able to help me as his office is working on 15th.
Golden lining was done by that guy Sandip near my home ,for all stickering and gold lining (3M) he charged me 250/- and for both front and rear no.plates 100/-.
As far as DHID is concerened I have tried each and every methods to reduce without any results, now I have given up totally,and learned to live with it, My freinds say let it be you look like Khate Peete Ghar Ka Munda.
Old 9th August 2011, 22:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Lovely, these bullets are so Majestic and your Bullets look great Veerji. This restoration job has left no stone unturned.

Would you be aware of the Mikuni carb of the Bullet can be fitted on a Norton ES-II?

Veerjio, pl empty your PM inbox, have been trying to send you a PM since the last few days. Sorry have no way of telling you so used this offtopic post instead.
Yes Gogi ji,Sat Sri Akal I am sorry for the mail box Full, same I am doing it right away.so that you may PM me.
I used all my imagination and I got a restorer with ample of patience and no KAMM chalega type job on it,also no unnessasary money wasted on things which can be used.
Gogi ji engine was not removed but otherwise every thing went to the painter , including brake,clutch levers.
After fitting job done bike went to the painter again for the touch up and painting of engine block and head.
The painter has calle dme after one month for another free polishing.
Total restoration took almost 25 days.Rubb Rakhaa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks