Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:16   #1
BHPian

Looking for a shell for my Vijay Deluxe

Guys,
First of all, sorry for starting a thread for my requirement. I am sorry but the search button returned zero results!

I actually own a Vijay Delux and it so happened that my mom who thinks it as junk, got rid of the shell (sad! sad!). I still have the engine intact.

All I am asking of from you guys is that "is there anybody who knows of a place where i can get the shell (including chassis)?"

Please help. Iam in love with this scooter "Again!" Want to bring back life to it.

Please help!
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Looking for a Vijay Deluxe Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalblood View Post
I actually own a Vijay Delux and it so happened that my mom who thinks it as junk, got rid of the shell (sad! sad!). I still have the engine intact.

All I am asking of from you guys is that "is there anybody who knows of a place where i can get the shell (including chassis)?"
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...vers-here.html
Could be thread relevant to your search. Have you got any good friends in Pune. A mechanic little far from my place has got a Vijai Chassis & side panels. If some one can co-ordinate I shall be able to guide him till the mechanic.
-Ilango
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...vers-here.html
Could be thread relevant to your search. Have you got any good friends in Pune. A mechanic little far from my place has got a Vijai Chassis & side panels. If some one can co-ordinate I shall be able to guide him till the mechanic.
-Ilango
I guess i can arrange for a person in pune but iam not sure if he would be able to transit it back to bangalore or not!. :( Will come back to you on this later today. & Thank you for the lead.
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:26   #4
BHPian

Hi,

There are still Vijay's in remote villages near nashik also i had seen one Avati with a lambby last time.

But getting the Scoot from Maharashtra you will have to do lots of RTO work for NOC and all.

IF you still ready to do the headache then i will help you out

Regards,
Ranjit
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawabiker View Post
Hi,

There are still Vijay's in remote villages near nashik also i had seen one Avati with a lambby last time.

But getting the Scoot from Maharashtra you will have to do lots of RTO work for NOC and all.

IF you still ready to do the headache then i will help you out

Regards,
Ranjit
I just spoke to a fleet friend & he is more than willing to help me with the transit part. As for RTO is concerned, Please tell me, Can't i get the chassis & stuff from there & get the RTO formalities done here locally? I mean, If i just get it transported here and then ask my friends off RTO to do the honors? possible?
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:19   #6
BHPian

Hey Buddy,

I was talking about a scrap vijay or running vijay not about the shell.
I am not more aware about the RTO norms though but for inter state transfer you need a NOC for sure.

Regards,
Ranjit
jawabiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Looking for a shell for my Vijay Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalblood View Post
Guys,
First of all, sorry for starting a thread for my requirement. I am sorry but the search button returned zero results!

Please help!
I am not clear from your post regarding the shell which was disposed off as scrap. Is it the side panels which you are talking about. What about the frame, is it still with you. Why, I ask because you say that the engine is with you. Unless the scooter was dimantled threadbare and kept, the shell can not be got rid of. Is it so.

Last edited by rajeev k : 3rd August 2011 at 18:21.
Old 4th August 2011, 00:03   #8
BHPian

Yes. Space constraints forced me & my brother to dismantle the scoot. Now, we are left with only the engine (almost ruining) want to being back life to it. I also have a roadking which I restored 3 yes back. Today, it is my daily commute media.
Old 4th February 2013, 11:23   #9
BHPian

Re: Looking for a shell for my Vijay Deluxe

Hi Guys,
Back again. Am all set to start the restoration of my vijay. Just running short of a handle bar (with cover) & RHS footrest. Any possible leads please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks