Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2011, 00:59   #61

Hero honda - fill it shut it forget it... What was hero motor thinking when they launched a 13bhp sissy offroading bike....
I expected hero motors to do a lot better than offer a good bike the milkman could ride to his remote village with 13 odd bhp. Either make a bike purely for a purpose or dont do the same mistake bajaj did with the small funny plastic enduro
Old 11th December 2011, 10:20   #62
BHPian

Re: Hero Impulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistwrist View Post
DK,
Rightly said 140kgs is too much for an offroad bike.
The actual weight for Impulse is only 119 Kg and not 140 Kg.
Old 13th December 2011, 07:55   #63
BHPian

pics which show what u can do with the bike.

xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community - View Single Post - [NEWS INDIA]: Hero MotoCorp prices 'Impulse' at Rs 66,800
Old 13th December 2011, 08:03   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Wow! Seriously impressive stuff!

I seriously doubt the 'new dirt biker friend' post though. Photos look to be media stuff. Anyways, shows the abilities of the bike.

Bike has created quite an impresssion within my team in office. Lot of people have noticed that bike, and thats a nice beginning. However, one serious concern most people shared is that - "We would look like an idiot if its used on road" (like a regular trip to office in formals!). For casual weekends ride (and for handling our city roads) its the perfect choice indeed!
Old 13th December 2011, 11:50   #65
BHPian

here is another pic of the same guy (found of FB impulse page)
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Impulse-382237_284551561578990_100000724454965_936728_1924415581_n.jpg  

Old 13th December 2011, 17:13   #66
BHPian

Hero Impulse in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Thanks Niks, Posting the same pictures here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wow! Seriously impressive stuff!

I seriously doubt the 'new dirt biker friend' post though. Photos look to be media stuff. Anyways, shows the abilities of the bike.
Crazy Driver. Does it really look like media stuff ? Hero Moto are you listning? You should give at least some discount to me as I am doing so much marketing for you and that too free of cost. By the way I am waiting for this bike to hit my town so I can buy one.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Impulse-nitish05.jpg  

Hero Impulse-nitish01.jpg  

Hero Impulse-nitish04.jpg  

Hero Impulse-nitish06.jpg  

Hero Impulse-nitish11.jpg  

Hero Impulse-nitish12.jpg  

Hero Impulse-nitish13.jpg  

Hero Impulse-nitish14.jpg  

Hero Impulse-nitish15.jpg  

Hero Impulse-nitish16.jpg  

Last edited by DesertKing : 13th December 2011 at 17:27.
DesertKing is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 20:16   #67
BHPian

Hey guys! I just test-rode one (for the second time in a week ) Seriously, this is a cracker of a bike. Superlight, ultra-flickable, and oh-so-fun to ride, and you won't complain it makes only 13bhp. It makes for an awesome city bike. I'm seriously contemplating it, just waiting for the KTM Duke 200 to be launched though.
Old 13th December 2011, 22:55   #68
BHPian

Re: Hero Impulse in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Thanks Niks, Posting the same pictures here too.

Crazy Driver. Does it really look like media stuff ? Hero Moto are you listning? You should give at least some discount to me as I am doing so much marketing for you and that too free of cost. By the way I am waiting for this bike to hit my town so I can buy one.
DK,

Nice find.Looks like Free flow exhaust is put on one of them. Please update as you get pictures.
Old 14th December 2011, 18:55   #69
BHPian

Here are some pictures from one of my another new friend Hitesh ...
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Impulse-hitesh01.jpg  

Hero Impulse-hitesh03.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 14th December 2011, 20:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Here are some pictures from one of my another new friend Hitesh ...
Let me correct the above information. I actually copies these photos from Hitesh's facebook profile and posted after permission from him. I never thought that they are not his own. I understood from other forum that these pictures are of Zigwheels journalist Varad and has got nothing to do with Hitesh.
Old 17th December 2011, 17:56   #71

Another video with stunts from web.

I'm a guy very content with the 2006 Libero G5 which I use today (along with Chevy Spark) till I saw this bike. I used to own a Unicorn earlier which I liked but was heavy for me (I'm 168 cm in height and 68 KG ) so had issues riding it. Looking at all these stunts I feel like I can use Hero Impulse on Hyderabad roads effectively. Meaning, it will be easy on the speed breakers and the potholes etc. I have two options either to fix the suspension on Libero and use it for some more time (I don’t know if it is possible and how) Or buy Impulse with supposedly has a great suspension. I have no complaint whatsoever with my Libero other than not so great shockers. Actually I felt I’m very comfortable with the Libero and got used to it and yes I like it a lot for its light weight and easy manuverability (dang! how do I spell that?). I’m yet to take a test ride but want to hear from people who already had experienced these three bikes. How safe is the Impulse? How easy is it for a guy with medium height and weight and for a person who was disappointed by a 150 CC bike? I dont want to do stunts but want to ride easy in traffic and bad roads.
chbpreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 23:11   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chbpreddy View Post
Another video with stunts from web. HERO IMPULSE Bike Stunt Show by THROTTLERZ Team.mp4 - YouTube
=========
How easy is it for a guy with medium height and weight and for a person who was disappointed by a 150 CC bike? I dont want to do stunts but want to ride easy in traffic and bad roads.
Amazing show it was. They make it look so easy on a stock bike.Looks like the bike will be a hit in the 150cc segment.
Old 19th December 2011, 07:43   #73
BHPian

Guys, hureeeey!!! Finally I got my dream bike last Friday (16th Dec). It is a black Hero Impulse. I am an adventurous person and love off roading. I have even built a Jeep and did many offroading for two years before I sell her.

My first hand experience is that the overall riding position is too good, very comfortable. Also The seddle height is really so much as that you feel like if you are on an "SUV" Bike .

I have covered 510 KM in 3 days on the bike which includes many Kachcha roads, gravel roads and no roads. I am very much impressed with the suspension of the bike. Speed breakers are no more pain in your axx instead they add fun in your ride, and Kachcha roads add spice in your life. I was able to touch 70 KMPH on a gravel road and the handling was simply superb. I am also learning to ride the bike with body balance.

Other updates...

1. After 60 KM, I got the engine oil changed.
2. Saree guard removed.
3. Added front wheel U lock fitted, the orange reflectors in the sides had to be moved a bit.
4. One more horn added, the OEM one is like moped. I like the Pulser kind of twin horn as they are loud and clear.
5. Today my bike is going for her 1st service.

Last edited by DesertKing : 19th December 2011 at 07:47.
DesertKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 07:48   #74
BHPian

Dear Naren,
Congrats on the new acquisition. Cheers. pls post more detailed pics of your bike. your earlier post seems to lack pics, but description is there.
Best regards.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, hureeeey!!! Finally I got my dream bike last Friday (16th Dec). It is a black Hero Impulse. I am an adventurous person and love off roading. I have even built a Jeep and did many offroading for two years before I sell her.

My first hand experience is that the overall riding position is too good, very comfortable. Also The seddle height is really so much as that you feel like if you are on an "SUV" Bike .

I have covered 510 KM in 3 days on the bike which includes many Kachcha roads, gravel roads and no roads. I am very much impressed with the suspension of the bike. Speed breakers are no more pain in your axx instead they add fun in your ride, and Kachcha roads add spice in your life. I was able to touch 70 KMPH on a gravel road and the handling was simply superb. I am also learning to ride the bike with body balance.

Other updates...

1. After 60 KM, I got the engine oil changed.
2. Saree guard removed.
3. Added front wheel U lock fitted, the orange reflectors in the sides had to be moved a bit.
4. One more horn added, the OEM one is like moped. I like the Pulser kind of twin horn as they are loud and clear.
5. Today my bike is going for her 1st service.
DK,

Congrats on the new ride. I am sure you will enjoy the otrs there on impulse. Do post some photos here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks