Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 07:19   #1
BHPian

Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?

My (rich) friend who owns a Hyosung Aqilla 250 (just for the kicks) recently visited. I had my eyes on the beauty from the day I saw it.
Yeah, it's rather old (7 years).. but is maintained properly - He kept it inside his bungalow!
Had made him offers so many times, finally he budged.
Will be able to get it in sub 80K price range.
The cruiser has traveled 8k KMs hardly. The exhaust has a little hole due to rusting - but is manageable. The tacho needs some silicon (to avoid water seepage)
Friends, need your inputs. My driving also will be lesser. May be 3-8 kms a day.

Inputs are welcome
Old 31st August 2011, 11:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: I am buying a Hyosung Aqilla 250 - your inputs please

Preetam,
Guess you ought to make the decision over mind or heart here. Aquilla ain't getting you any spares to find so keep it in mind. 3-8 kms per day is relatively very less and it should not be too much of a hassle of owning ANY bike if that's what you intend to use it for.

If the present status of bike is neat with no major repairs in the near future then would suggest you to give it a deep thought.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 11:34   #3
BANNED

For a sub 80k price go for it. And if you still have doubts let me know. I will pick it up.

Spares everything is available. You can import them from Singapore.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 11:57   #4
BHPian

Thats a pretty ok price! Ive seen em go for around 55k in mangalore. This being well maintained et all should command a price of around 70k.

Cheers!
james is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 11:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

thats a good buy....(no pun).

And i dont think parts would a problem now, with garware being here and all.
or is that just being wishful?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 12:35   #6
BHPian

Sorry to barge in on this thread and this is a bit off-topic, but folks reading this thread might be able to help. I own an aquila as well - in Mumbai. I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a good mechanic. I have a couple of minor electrical issues that need to be taken care of, but can't find good enough mechanics to do the job.
maverhick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 14:00   #7
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Would be better if you could let us know what kind of problem you are facing.
May be the solution could be a DIY.
Old 1st September 2011, 14:23   #8
BHPian

I hadn't been using the bike for a while, so the battery went dead. I had it replaced, then found that the batteries were losing charge within a day or two of riding.

Then had the alternator re-wired. Then re-charged and again the same one - two day cycle

Then got in some parts from hyosung-source directly - I believe the rectifier. Fixed it, same one two day cycle.

Within this much time the mechanics had found a way to mess up the wiring. Sometimes a bulb would fuse or the fuel pump wouldn't work.

I'd just really like a good mechanic to take a look, assess and then fix the bike. I have quite a bit of spares as well if needed. But I am not feeling too lucky to randomly check out mechanics for this bike. So any recommendations help so that I can get the bike comprehensively checked out & fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Would be better if you could let us know what kind of problem you are facing.
May be the solution could be a DIY.
Old 1st September 2011, 14:29   #9
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

cool... 80k is a nice price. but look at it like this... 7 year old bike? i guess you could get down further. if you consider even 10% fixed depreciation for the bike over the last 7 years, you arrive at near about 80k. so i think you could go further....

but also consider, no warranty and a nightmare when it comes to parts....

Last edited by GTO : 2nd September 2011 at 19:09. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
naturaldisaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 06:51   #10
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
I hadn't been using the bike for a while, so the battery went dead. I had it replaced, then found that the batteries were losing charge within a day or two of riding.

Then had the alternator re-wired. Then re-charged and again the same one - two day cycle

Then got in some parts from hyosung-source directly - I believe the rectifier. Fixed it, same one two day cycle.

Within this much time the mechanics had found a way to mess up the wiring. Sometimes a bulb would fuse or the fuel pump wouldn't work.

I'd just really like a good mechanic to take a look, assess and then fix the bike. I have quite a bit of spares as well if needed. But I am not feeling too lucky to randomly check out mechanics for this bike. So any recommendations help so that I can get the bike comprehensively checked out & fixed.
Hmm.. Looks like the people working on your bike have messed up the wiring.
This usually happens when different people try to apply their logic and worsen the situation.

I think a complete re-wiring by a single person/firm would be a better option for you.
If its possible for you to get the Service Manual for your bike than you can have a go yourself? Or else maybe you can take it to someone who is into automobile electricals.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Hmm.. Looks like the people working on your bike have messed up the wiring.
This usually happens when different people try to apply their logic and worsen the situation.

I think a complete re-wiring by a single person/firm would be a better option for you.
If its possible for you to get the Service Manual for your bike than you can have a go yourself? Or else maybe you can take it to someone who is into automobile electricals.
I am not a DIY person, the automobile engg makes sense. I wanted to check on this thread if any Aquila owners/enthusiasts can recommend a good enough mechanic to get stuff up to speed. If anyone knows a good mechanic in Mumbai near Bandra/thereabouts , please PM me.

OP, sorry about the hijack.
Old 5th September 2011, 14:50   #12
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
I am not a DIY person, the automobile engg makes sense. I wanted to check on this thread if any Aquila owners/enthusiasts can recommend a good enough mechanic to get stuff up to speed. If anyone knows a good mechanic in Mumbai near Bandra/thereabouts , please PM me.

OP, sorry about the hijack.
Not able to PM you mate.

I can remember there was some mechanic by the name of Johnny who was recommended by many. Don't know if he is still into the business.

Where do you stay in Bandra (PM me, may be I could help you out with some contacts. )
Old 5th September 2011, 16:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a Hyosung Aquila 250?

Dude..try the new garware showrooms for leads if there are any in bombay.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
I can remember there was some mechanic by the name of Johnny who was recommended by many. Don't know if he is still into the business.

Where do you stay in Bandra (PM me, may be I could help you out with some contacts. )

I'll PM you and see if that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Dude..try the new garware showrooms for leads if there are any in bombay.
Thanks for reminding me to do this. I had gotten in touch with Ronit motors, but they didn't have a mechanic to spare at that time (a couple of months ago). I just called them back again today after I saw your post.

They have connected me to a mechanic who will come over on Sunday. So I'll wait and watch to see how this goes.
Old 6th September 2011, 20:37   #15
BHPian

Apologies for the late reply guyz. Thanks everybody for your kind inputs. Was outstation without internet access! Okay time for the update : Have manged to clinch the deal @65K. the beauty is not mine yet. Will be landing here anytime after the monsoon gets over. I thought that lets bring the biker here after the rains are over. Will not be able to drive it anyway, and the oldie will get dirty all over.
Anyway, will post pics soon.
Maverhick : Well, about the hijack... no worries mate. Such inputs from the community are always welcome. and will come in handy anytime.

KU69rd: Thanks. had already given a good thought. Well, you know I had this ambition to drive a good cruiser or a good sports bike one day. But will not be able to afford one looking at my daily run. So after lot of thinking, not forgetting about the parts, have managed to get this bike. In other way, at least its a start :-).

About the mechanic : If i am not wrong in the forum there was a old thread regarding Aquilla (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...uld-i-buy.html) - in that the owner had talked about a very good mechanic trained from hyosung, but it is in Nerul. However, worth lookin rather than screwing the electrical!
preetamkabra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks